The thread to congratulate one for their competitive success

Once in a while things get a little bit heated in these forums. This is a competitive game and as the theme song for this franchise goes, we all want to be the very best and want everyone to acknowledge that. However, sometimes people get sad when other people don't acknowledge their achievements in this game and they start to derail threads in PokeMMO forums and they won't stop unless someone will acknowledge their greatness. The purpose of this thread is that whenever we sense that someone's motivation to post something is only to get people acknowledge their greatness while posting to a completely unrelated thread, instead of turning the thread into a flame war we can just jump in this thread and congratulate them for their past success in this game. This prevents threads from getting derailed and we're all happy. Isn't that amazing?

If you're unfamiliar with the concept of congratulating someone you may follow these examples:

"Congratulations for reaching top 20 in ranked matchmaking. That must have required lots and lots of dedication to reach there and that is an accomplishment you should be proud of!"

"Congratulations for reaching it to the finals in an official back in 2015! I'm sure that will bring upcoming success in your life in the future tournaments in this game!

"Congratulations for winning the Team Tournament 6 months ago in a team that doesn't even allow you to play!

With these following kind of examples we all can be friends with each other by giving acknowledgement to greatness whenever someone clearly needs it.

1 hour ago, pachima said:

I see orange has finally seen the truth.

His pic is a meowth, congrats dude. 

Needs more persian though.

His meowth raises his middle finger.

His finger can count as a number "1".

1 multiplied by 666 is 666.

666 is a number of satan. apparently.

illuminati confirmed.

I wanted to congratulate illuminati as well. So congratulations Orange

I would like to congratulate @OrangeManiac for being my biggest fan and most loyal supporter.

I do it all for the fans, I LOVE U GUYS.  I am just a normal guy like the rest of you, just blessed with a gift.  I am very fortinate to have such a wonderful and supportive fanbase.  You guys make the dream, the legend, possible.

It can be hard being the best at something, there it lots of pressure, the feeling, the need, to achieve more.  I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you guys, thanks again and god bless!

@OrangeManiac This thread almost worked.

Almost

Also I'd like to congratulate @McTermi for sweeping me with Sceptile in that OU official months ago, without that match the Sceptile Era would have never existed.

All hail Sceptile.

Also I'd like to congratulate @DiDi for his ability to acknowledge great memes.

Edited by Tranzmaster
21 minutes ago, Tranzmaster said:

@OrangeManiac This thread almost worked.

Almost

Also I'd like to congratulate @McTermi for sweeping me with Sceptile in that OU official months ago, without that match the Sceptile Era would have never existed.

All hail Sceptile.

Also I'd like to congratulate @DiDi for his ability to acknowledge great memes.

Hate to be a nitpicker but, many pokemmo historians actually cite [COPE]'s heroic 2015 TT finals run as Sceptile's coming out party (right @DaftCoolio)

Good morning fellow players of PokeMMO, I have some congratulations to make:

1. Congratulations @Noad and @RacheLucario for becoming Senior Game Masters. Its a long road, and I remember back when Rache was a CM and Noad was a person hosting the dailies. If there is one person you need to thank for my competitive videos, it has to be Noad. She introduced me to the concept of competitive play from the start. RacheLucario has been quite a helpful CM and answered a lot of my questions. I remember when she had that painter look, its interesting to see things change so fast. Back when TeamSpeak was up, RacheLucario introduced me to TeamSpeak. Thank you for establishing my YouTube relations!

2. Congratulations @Munya for those Community Combat Tournaments! Even though I don't cover them, they help people become better and better. One day, someone in your Community Combat Tournaments might progress to a bigger tournament with a bigger prize and it would be due to your tournaments!

3. I am going to congratulate some of the big teams for their performance in tournaments: @PokemonAura, @XPLOZ (on the behalf of RNG), @JSTUD (on the behalf of LYLE),@Frag (on the behalf of Aw), and other teams I did not mention! Your performance in these officials really make for great videos on my YouTube channel! Thank you for your entertainment!

Spoiler

No problem, its a pleasure publishing videos to help broadcast PokeMMO's enjoyment. I am not going to say what I planning on (unless your my closest confidant) as far as a new segment is concerned, but after May 18th, be on a lookout!

Edited by Bestfriends
Made the post make more sense.

I wanted to actually congratulate my dear friend @camilo7 also known as enchanteur, for overall performance, in every tournament he participates, along with fantastic personality which always makes me laugh really hard. You are that kind of a person who makes this game more enjoyable. :)

ps. This does not mean I'm gonna let you win once we meet in the bracket :p

Alright, alright. Fine. Since enough people are confused enough about this I'll explain this.

Yes, it's sarcasm. There has been a number of incidents where it has been getting a bit pathetic that different kinds of threads start to miss the point of actual topic and the discussion sheers towards stupid shit where people either call some people bad or brag about their own accomplishments in a thread where it's in all ways irrelevant. So this thread was like a joke that whenever said behavior is seen from these forums, instead of derailing the thread any further you could just tag them in this thread and congratulate someone for their success in the game so they don't have to derail another thread any further. I did not want show any concrete examples of this as my point was not to call out any individuals of this community, more than to point out this ridiculous forum behavior that has been going for a while.

If this ends up getting the thread locked, then be it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.