Upgrade our team system

Makarovs

Question

In a long time the PokeMMO teams are just tags behind your nick and a group chat for some players, so I'd like to show you a different idea (I do not know if anyone has ever suggested anything like that).

In an MMO I played once, there was an interesting team system in which I was able to raise my team level. As well? Well, players could do certain quests in which the team would gain experience and thus, level up.

But what is the difference between a level 1 team and a level 2?

A few more things that can be done in the team, from number of members, to the possibility of participating in a certain event (for example the team tournament we have here).

I will cite here some examples of things that can be added next to this system:

(Remembering that these are just examples, does not have to be exactly the way I listed them)

- Level 1: It would be like our team is today, but with less capacity of members (50 maybe), and only 3 ranks (Boss, Member, Grunt).

- Level 2: + 10 in total member capacity, + 1 rank (officer).

- Level 3: +10 in Member capacity

- Level 4: +10 in Member capacity

- Level 5: +10 in the ability of Members and Permission to participate in Team Tournament.

- Level 6: +10 in Member capacity

- Level 7: +10 in Member capacity, + 1 rank (commander).

Level 10: Unlock team box.

Level 13: +10 in Membership capacity, + 1 rank (Executive).

Level 15: Unlock Team bag (for items and money)

And several other things like team secret base and even permission to create tournaments like the ingame system. Another thing I remember from this other game system are the buffs, yes, with the money from the team vault, there were buffs that were purchased with a limited duration for everyone. For example, it is as if the team paid 100k to have 25% xp more in battles for 1 hour, or up to 100k to have a 10% chance of finding a shiny one for 1 hour.

But of course, it is not any team that would have access to these buffs, it would be something only released for teams with enough level.
-Level 30 (max): Released buffs.

To prevent some players from entering the team only to have access to the buff, it is easy to solve: when a player enters the team, he can not be promoted from grunt to another rank for a week, where the grunts will not have access to the buff.

Well, I know this is something difficult to implement, and not everyone will like the idea, but I wanted to share this idea with you. We are stuck in an eternal grind to get something and this is tiring. So perhaps bringing more in-game content to teams (currently we only have the TT) can improve the situation.

Thanks for reading here, leave your feedback about Team level, buff system or if you thought of anything better.

11 answers to this question

If the buff thing would be real, for prevent people joining high lvl teams just for the buff, should exist some kind of "contribuition rank"

Spoiler

For an example: U collect contribution points logging daily, leveling pokes/doing NPCs, Ranked system, Automated Tours, X points each Y hours logged in, etc.

Its a nice idea, this game need more some stuff to people do and dont get bored.

Edited by Risadex

hahahaha well, that shiny buff was funny. Okay i dont wanna be annoying guy. But i suggested a lot things at past, and they even didn't take a reply. Whatever, real comment;

• There will be some people who can say "We accepts just elite people" so +10 members just shows low quality, thats not acceptable.
  • So same people again will say same thing about TT registration too.
  • Also adding alts, every person with 2 alts, 50 people can fix whole team with just 1 account.
  • Also, shiny buff, staffs don't wanna make shinies more worthless in my opinion. Because there is nothing else in this game worths more now.

I can try to doodle somethings;

1. Teams must be able to create with minimum 5 members. Seeing too many random teams, all tags taken, really annoying.
  2. If we think competitive area; we have Tournaments with shiny rewards > Community Combats > Rankeds.
  3. All players can join to Rankeds.
  4. Only team players can join Community Combats,
  5. Top 100 in Ranked Leaderboard and any CC winner's choosen 5 teammates by winner can join to tournaments with shiny rewards > 64 seat tournaments.
  6. Automated tournaments can be able to choose tournament time by partipiciants votes from 1 day ago in game voting system by registered players. Yeah registrations before 1 day too. (check article 5 for partipiciants and voters)
  7. Team Search System. Like Round Table at forum. With a click, you can see teams which recruiting and you can contact.
  8. I dont like to see same shinies as a reward. And they are gift and untredeable so, i suggest to see all shinies at reward place, one by one according to pokedex list, depends to tier.
  9. I already suggested but, i want to see alive character informations. (press C) These infos must be able to see by other players and you must be able to add your scores, trophies. Like semis at somewhere , or 1st place at any tournament as Tournament records. Your ranked statics etc. This must be able to be as forum profile but, in game version.
  10. This game's first mission is really meaningless, complete pokedex or completed Caught OT pokedex. This must have a purpose. Can be anything..
  11. Also we have time infos at Character information. We have somethings for veteran players? We have something for the players who spent their life in this game? haha how pitiful. looking for this too.
  12. Automated TT , its hard ? no idea. 
  13. Silp Co. I dont like Silp Co personally. I dont like to have to stop there and listen all noises. And have to wait others to be ready. But, i'll not reject its sometimes funny too. And hype. So i suggest, having a staff member for unofficial tournaments at Silp Co. 1- Send your request (and prizes) about creating an unofficial to this staff member/s with mail in game or forum two days ago, 2-Next day, staff member/s can create a forum topic and add this event to PVP>(+Unofficial)Tournaments list. 3- And third day, tournaments happens by help with those staff/s. Otherwise , there is no way for Silp Co. Just headache for everyone.
  14. Trade chat must be global as before.

Thanks for reading. Just random ideas which written without think seriously. Oh shit, i added too many out of topic things. Sorry about that. Im sleepy.

Edited by FinnTheMember

Okay i think a little and, i must write about just team system. My bad.

1. Teams must be able to create with minimum 5 members.
  2. Current rankings meaningless in teams. Ranks must be able to edit by boss.
  3. Bigger team message place pls.
  4. Automated tournaments which can be created by players could be cool. For team events. Idk.
  5. Also im okay with removing teams in game too. And giving chat rooms, and people must be able to join more than one chat room. Happy ending.
Edited by FinnTheMember

1. There will be some people who can say "We accepts just elite people" so +10 members just shows low quality, thats not acceptable.

Like I said, All I've listed was just examples. Do not care about the numbers, what I wanted to show here was the idea

3. Also adding alts, every person with 2 alts, 50 people can fix whole team with just 1 account.

Again, its just random numbers.

4. " hahahaha well, that shiny buff was funny " Also, shiny buff, staffs don't wanna make shinies more worthless in my opinion. Because there is nothing else in this game worths more now.

We already have 7 days, 15 days and 30 days buffs for +10% shiny rate,  I can not see where a one-hour buff will mess this up so much .

I think it's a pretty solid idea. It reminds me of the guild system they have set up in WoW. With buffs/ team bank and all.

I think buffs and such should also have some contribution, as stated above, so I wanted to say I agree to that, definitely.

It avoids having someone who believes in the silver platter concept.

Also, if I may add? - leaving teams,  the way the system worked in the other game I played, if someone left the team, basically your achievements and contributions you've made towards the team will be erased completely when you join another one, unless you decide to rejoin and it remains. It was moreso called 'reputation' as well, if you're team hopping, or if you're not contributing you're not establishing that rep. Know what I mean? That's an idea I can contribute to this, maybe kind of warp it a little bit.

I also know the other argument, that someone may not like the team they're in and want to explore their options, which is understandable. So, maybe getting a feel for the people there, what the team's focus is and not contributing until you're fully sure you want to be reputable in that team. As for my own experience, it took me quite a bit in the other game to sit in a Guild I wanted to be in and when I did, I was there for years.

I hope that makes sense?

I do feel like more could be done with the team system, too. Again, awesome idea! :D

7 hours ago, Makarovs said:

Level 1: It would be like our team is today, but with less capacity of members (50 maybe), and only 3 ranks (Boss, Member, Grunt).

- Level 2: + 10 in total member capacity, + 1 rank (officer).

- Level 3: +10 in Member capacity

- Level 4: +10 in Member capacity

- Level 5: +10 in the ability of Members and Permission to participate in Team Tournament.

- Level 6: +10 in Member capacity

- Level 7: +10 in Member capacity, + 1 rank (commander).

What about teams that already have 50+ members, and commanders/executives?

the top teams already have huge advantages.

some examples of real "buffs" already available to certain teams.

* Having team of 200+ members who scout and work with you to help you win

*Having tournament brackets be >25% of your team roster, if these players are on your bracket they instantly surrender to you so you advance.

^this shit is a big deal.  Really no need to add additional advantages to established teams in the pvp area

I do think that something like this could be cool for the PvE teams or "shiney hunting teams" like that might actually really help draw that kind of player in, but for pvp, would be a bad idea (in practice)