UU help

Took a break for a few months, getting back into the game now. So on topic, can someone give me a rundown on the top UU stuff? UU viability Thread isn't up to date so thought I'd as here since I also got some moveset questions; What does one most commonly run on Oma; Cradily, Meganium and Altaria? I understand theres is room for different attacks, but rn I am just trying to get the basic stuff before I experiment in movesets.

Also before I think about selling mine, what is the chance of Tenta/Haunter comming back to UU?

6 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

Took a break for a few months, getting back into the game now. So on topic, can someone give me a rundown on the top UU stuff? UU viability Thread isn't up to date so thought I'd as here since I also got some moveset questions; What does one most commonly run on Oma; Cradily, Meganium and Altaria? I understand theres is room for different attacks, but rn I am just trying to get the basic stuff before I experiment in movesets.

Also before I think about selling mine, what is the chance of Tenta/Haunter comming back to UU?

Lol we literally were worried you died, welcome back

Kanga just came back to UU so plan accordingly, it's already beginning to exert it's usual influence on the tier. As for omastar the typical set is max max HP and defense bold with spokes, but it is certainly powerful enough to run an offensive set too. I'll defer on cradily and Megan since I'm not sure if people split the defenses or not, same with altaria 

Expect UU usage to come out after next weekend when we hit the new month, that should let you know which pokes are high in viability (and how close tents and haunter are to coming back)

Edited by Gunthug

I don't think Tenta and Haunter will come down in the current OU meta. They have such a significant niche in the metagame so I don't expect the usage dropping.

Omastar is either a Bold Spiker or a Rain Dance late game sweeper. Bold Spiker lead has lost popularity due to all so prevalent Golem lead.

Cradily is usually just a standard dual STAB Curse user w/ Recover or Rest. A niche Cradily would be HP Fire one.

Meganium is basically a physical wall for Golem. Synthesis, Toxic, Giga Drain, filler.

Altaria is usually a blanket wall with EQ, Flamethrower, Rest and Toxic.

21 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I don't think Tenta and Haunter will come down in the current OU meta. They have such a significant niche in the metagame so I don't expect the usage dropping.

Omastar is either a Bold Spiker or a Rain Dance late game sweeper. Bold Spiker lead has lost popularity due to all so prevalent Golem lead.

Cradily is usually just a standard dual STAB Curse user w/ Recover or Rest. A niche Cradily would be HP Fire one.

Meganium is basically a physical wall for Golem. Synthesis, Toxic, Giga Drain, filler.

Altaria is usually a blanket wall with EQ, Flamethrower, Rest and Toxic.

Meganium needs HP Fire for Scizors.

• 1 month later...

1) Do people even bother running with Rapid Spinners these days in UU? Only two Rapid Spinners we have currently are Hitmonlee (or any Hitmon breed) and Donphan. Sadly I can see Misdreavous completely countering Donphan (Misd having 3 immunities+Disable unless he runs Rock Slide) then we got the curious case of Omastar who could probably murder it if it ever tries to spin. That being said how common is it to see Rapid Spin now?

2) What are the standard Scizor and Kanga sets should I watch out for?

Edited by Eldaust
2 minutes ago, Eldaust said:

Do people even bother running with Rapid Spinners these days in UU? Only two Rapid Spinners we have currently are Hitmonlee (or any Hitmon breed) and Donphan. Sadly I can see Misdreavous completely countering Donphan (Misd having 3 immunities+Disable unless he runs Rock Slide) then we got the curious case of Omastar who could probably murder it if it ever tries to spin.

That being said how common is it to see Rapid Spin now?

Blastoise is fairly common. It has a decent enough matchup vs cloyster/omastar/glalie. Cloyster also deserves a mention as a spinner, since it can both spin and spike. Armaldo is another niche spinner that has some good offense capabilities. Claydol deserves a mention as well, being a spinner immune to spikes, while also countering golem to an extent as well. 

Out of those, you're most likely to see blastoise rapid spinning. You can check the usage stats from april to see how many people are running blastoise. 

• Mike locked this topic