Breeding: shiny rate

athelstan

I searched at the forums but didn't find an answer to my question, so that's why i start this new topic.

If i've read correctly, the rate of encountering a shiny by breeding two non-shinies is the same as the encounter-rate in wild. So my question is, if i want to increase that rate a little by buying donator status. Should i use the donator status when i receive the egg or should i use it when the egg hatches?

(So is the shiny-ness determined when i receive the egg from the old man, or is it determined when the egg hatches?)

2 hours ago, athelstan said:

I searched at the forums but didn't find an answer to my question, so that's why i start this new topic.

If i've read correctly, the rate of encountering a shiny by breeding two non-shinies is the same as the encounter-rate in wild. So my question is, if i want to increase that rate a little by buying donator status. Should i use the donator status when i receive the egg or should i use it when the egg hatches?

(So is the shiny-ness determined when i receive the egg from the old man, or is it determined when the egg hatches?)

Shiny is determined while u receive egg from the old man  (i think so :S). Also donator status tickets works for 7, 15 or 30 days after using them. They rise your shiny chance for whole period of that time.

Edited by WestTurtle
6 hours ago, MirandaKun said:

Wow... What donator ticket you using? The ones of 5 minutes?

4 hours ago, WestTurtle said:

Shiny is determined while u receive egg from the old man  (i think so :S). Also donator status tickets works for 7, 15 or 30 days after using them. They rise your shiny chance for whole period of that time.

I know the donator status ticket works for a long period but i could collect 1000 eggs and then buy donator status and then start breeding them :-)

• Rache locked this topic