New to comp; need help on a team built around CB heracross

13 hours ago, NoobAtLife said:

The defensive gyarodos sounds the best to me. I'd assume he'd still be able to hit fairly hard too? What about swampert?

Yeah Gyarados has very solid base attack. With Gyarados what Coolio said is even more important and that is Chansey with Wish. The downside of bulky Gyara compared rest of the bunch is that it has no direct recovery.

Swampert is nice but considering everyone and their mother uses Venusaur currently, I wouldn't prefer to use it because setting up Cursepert is hell now. Only Swampert set I see currently working effectively is like a mixed Life Orb but doesn't really fit for what you're asking for your team.

Edited by OrangeManiac
12 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Brah literally first comp I made in Hoenn was CB Swampert.

I just hate how easily it gets walled tho in current meta.

CB Swamp doesn't get walled that hard, nobody runs Ludicolo these days so it always comes down to predicting either Water or EQ, one of those being able to 2-3ko every switch barring Gyara (EQ 2ko Milo/Clops & 3ko Forre/Slowbro, Water 3ko Weezing/Skarm, anything else just gets smashed) and it has a lot of switch in opportunities (vs Meta, Rock Spam Aero, RK9, Magneton (unless HP Grass which is rare), Chansey, Pory, Jolteon (most run HP Ice for Flygon), etc)

I think it's one of the few Choice Banders we have in OU that put actual pressure on wall teams

@SweeTforU Swampert a lord amirite??

Edited by LifeStyle
On 30.4.2017 at 3:01 AM, NoobAtLife said:

Maybe a few days late but I've gotten this a few times. If I was going for more of a spinner starmie, would I still want trick? And what's so good about? Thanks.

I would not recommend both Trick and Rapid Spin. Rapid Spin usually comes with Recover and if you had Trick you would have room only for one attacking move and that is not good.

Trick changes the items between you and your teammate's active Pokemon. This is usually used to give an opponent an item which basically renders the Pokemon near useless. Most common is to have a Choice Band/Scarf/Specs and Trick it to an opposing wall. When a wall is locked to a single move and doesn't get recovery, its use gets limited by a mile and makes wallbreaking a shit ton easier. Trick is usually used on Pokemon that gets easily walled. Starmie gets walled by Chansey, Ludicolo and Umbreon. You're more likely to face one of these in the current meta than not facing one. So when you expect one of these are gonna switch in to try to wall you hell and back, just Trick them your (Swift) Choice Band and suddenly they become second to useless. (Well, not really. Even Tricked Chansey can pass multiple Wishes but still)

Edited by OrangeManiac
On 24/04/2017 at 4:49 AM, LuisPocho said:

and heracros cant learn superpower, so its low kick or brick break...

if you want you can change rock slide or earthquake for pursuit, (rock slide only hits hard against gyarados so its actially pretty meh)

I don't know if it's just me, but rock slide is valuable on Hera not just for Gyara, but also Crobat. 

Gyara and Crobat are too common not to have a move for.

On 27/04/2017 at 0:21 PM, OrangeManiac said:

Brah literally first comp I made in Hoenn was CB Swampert.

I just hate how easily it gets walled tho in current meta.

I use swamp every match, switching back to mixed and choice band one.

I can´t see where it gets walled that hard.

Mixed is way easier to wallbreak ofc, but choice band exerts a hell of pressure on enemy team.

Granted it does close to nothing if opponent predicts the move you will use, but if not, their side is in trouble.

3 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I don't know if it's just me, but rock slide is valuable on Hera not just for Gyara, but also Crobat. 

Gyara and Crobat are too common not to have a move for.

oh thats right, and its not like crobat has heavy counters like gyara

At this point there is no need to respond to this thread further.

I sent OP LucasCisneros team with movesets, ev spreads.. everything...

I explained to him how its the most noob friendly team u can use so its a good place to start.  At this point he is just wasting time.

• Mike locked this topic