Will Generation 5 Pokemon have Follower Sprites?

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

Off the top of your head would you have an idea what those are?

things like kyurem, Virizon, Cobalion, Terakion, Keldeo, Tornados, etc?

The ones we have a full set of (non-shiny) sprites available for are Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Victini, Munna, Musharna, Minccino, Deerling (all forms), Petilil, Cottonee, Zorua, Krokorok, and Patrat. Other species that appear on the game's overworld such as Volcarona and Kyurem lack side/back/walking sprites, so will very likely not be included.

6 hours ago, Matoka said:

Is this something that will exist? it would need to be custom made I would imagine, is that something possible that will occur?

6 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Some of them, which are available within the ROM, otherwise no.

Good morning everyone, this has been a concern of mine for quite a while and Matoka gave me an opening for me to talk about it. I would think it would be a little odd for some of the followers to not be included in PokeMMO. I could imagine being a newer player walking around wanting to drag Emboar along with me, but I cannot. I hope the devs plan on custom making follower sprites that don't exist. Even if the shiny variants are not implemented, I would still be impressed by Gen 5 follower sprites being implemented.

Edited by Bestfriends
Made my point sound a little better.
1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

Good morning everyone, this has been a concern of mine for quite a while and Matoka gave me an opening for me to talk about it. I would think it would be a little odd for some of the followers to not be included in PokeMMO. I could imagine being a newer player walking around wanting to drag Emboar along with me, but I cannot. I hope the devs plan on custom making follower sprites that don't exist. Even if the shiny variants are not implemented, I would still be impressed by Gen 5 follower sprites being implemented.

It appears, I had a suspicion so I made this thread to confirm it, that the devs physically cannot add custom sprites for the pokemon.

Due to the nature of how pokemmo runs on a legal tightrope of everything they make and provide is unrelated to pokemon and that anything that IS pokemon is provided by the ROM's we have "legally" provided on our own accord that the devs are not accountable and therefore legal action "cannot be taken" against pokemmo and therefore we can continue to exist with Cease and Desist letters from Game Freak.

The second a developer creates a sprite based around any pokemon or copyrighted pokemon character into the game they no longer have that technicality, I suspect that it is for THIS reason that they cannot add Generation 5 follower sprites.

It's a shame, and it may confuse people, but it seems we'll just have to live with it. We may be able to see player mods fix this as they are not affiliated with the devs and therefore once more would be safe.

Oh, also if this is the case can we have a in-game popup if we attempt to drag out a pokemon we cannot have a follower sprite in order to notify us, would help solve confusion and save a lot of "Isn't this a bug?" when its not a bug.

7 hours ago, RacheLucario said:

The ones we have a full set of (non-shiny) sprites available for are Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Victini, Munna, Musharna, Minccino, Deerling (all forms), Petilil, Cottonee, Zorua, Krokorok, and Patrat. Other species that appear on the game's overworld such as Volcarona and Kyurem lack side/back/walking sprites, so will very likely not be included.

Deerling will be a quiet interesting follower. Ill be sure to have the summer one following me!

3 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

This unfortunately more than likely is not an option. Unless otherwise made by an unofficial player made mod could this be possible. 

3 hours ago, Matoka said:

It appears, I had a suspicion so I made this thread to confirm it, that the devs physically cannot add custom sprites for the pokemon.

Due to the nature of how pokemmo runs on a legal tightrope of everything they make and provide is unrelated to pokemon and that anything that IS pokemon is provided by the ROM's we have "legally" provided on our own accord that the devs are not accountable and therefore legal action "cannot be taken" against pokemmo and therefore we can continue to exist with Cease and Desist letters from Game Freak.

The second a developer creates a sprite based around any pokemon or copyrighted pokemon character into the game they no longer have that technicality, I suspect that it is for THIS reason that they cannot add Generation 5 follower sprites.

It's a shame, and it may confuse people, but it seems we'll just have to live with it. We may be able to see player mods fix this as they are not affiliated with the devs and therefore once more would be safe.

Oh, also if this is the case can we have a in-game popup if we attempt to drag out a pokemon we cannot have a follower sprite in order to notify us, would help solve confusion and save a lot of "Isn't this a bug?" when its not a bug.

I am hearing you, and it does make sense. I think you should advocate for this thread to be locked since this is not happening. Its upsetting, but this sounds quite reasonable.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:39 PM, mmead said:

Well damn, I mean its right there, would be nice to have, unsure just how complex that coding, with the format we have from the soul silver/heart gold rom shouldn't be a mountainous task, I wouldn't mind the extra time the devs would have to take for this to be a thing.

On 4/20/2017 at 6:48 AM, Matoka said:

I dont *believe* this is true. Back when I was thinking about becoming an artist for the game, I suggested I could make custom surfing sprites for all the different pokemon you can surf on and the admin was like "go for it!" It was over a year ago and my communications were through a CM to an Admin so I cant provide anymore detail than that. 

On 4/20/2017 at 5:48 AM, Matoka said:

Then how do you explain reward shop vanities?

44 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Then how do you explain reward shop vanities?

They are custom 2d-sprite work sold for a "donation" which is intended to pay for server costs and devs time with little to no actual profit.