In Unova implement Player-made gyms.

Matoka

Question

I believe that in one of the buildings in Casteila City that we could implement Player-Made gyms.

How I would propose the system works is that via an NPC people can enter instanced rooms that can be decorated in a similar manner to Secret Bases, or we can choose a gym layout already available in the game (no harm allowing us to re-use empty room maps).

You would be able to have people register to be your Gym members and select a team of pokemon that would be used inside the Gym, players would fight clones of these players and their team set to flat level 50 battles,  There would be a fee for registering a Gym and a fee for editing one that already exists.

People who challenge a gym would be charged a fee set by the Gym Leader, and rewarded an amount from the gym leader, both would be displayed to a player when being asked if they wish to challenge the gym, e.g. "Do you wish to Challenge Matoka's Gym? it costs 3,000 to enter, but if you defeat it then you are rewarded 5,000!".

You could name your Gym, and Give it a short description of 10 words or less, e.g. Gym name "The Hive" with the description "For the Swarm!".

Lastly you would select a typing for the gym, or Typeless. If you select a type then at least 90% of the pokemon in the Gym must include that typing. For instance if your Gym type was Rock and you had two pokemon trainers with 6 pokemon, one of them could have one that is not part Rock type, e.g. Player 1 has all rock types while player two Golem, Argon, Onix, Sudowoodo, Omastar, Claydol (Which is not a rock type).

I may be wrong, but by combining the current system for Secret Bases along with re purposing Gym maps / Secret Base layouts and decorations then it may be possible to implement.

Thank you for reading, if you have any changes you would suggest to the idea then please let me know!

Edited by Matoka

5 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Matoka said:

I believe that in one of the buildings in Casteila City that we could implement Player-Made gyms.

How I would propose the system works is that via an NPC people can enter instanced rooms that can be decorated in a similar manner to Secret Bases, or we can choose a gym layout already available in the game (no harm allowing us to re-use empty room maps).

You would be able to have people register to be your Gym members and select a team of pokemon that would be used inside the Gym, players would fight clones of these players and their team set to flat level 50 battles,  There would be a fee for registering a Gym and a fee for editing one that already exists.

People who challenge a gym would be charged a fee set by the Gym Leader, and rewarded an amount from the gym leader, both would be displayed to a player when being asked if they wish to challenge the gym, e.g. "Do you wish to Challenge Matoka's Gym? it costs 3,000 to enter, but if you defeat it then you are rewarded 5,000!".

You could name your Gym, and Give it a short description of 10 words or less, e.g. Gym name "The Hive" with the description "For the Swarm!".

Lastly you would select a typing for the gym, or Typeless. If you select a type then at least 90% of the pokemon in the Gym must include that typing. For instance if your Gym type was Rock and you had two pokemon trainers with 6 pokemon, one of them could have one that is not part Rock type, e.g. Player 1 has all rock types while player two Golem, Argon, Onix, Sudowoodo, Omastar, Claydol (Which is not a rock type).

I may be wrong, but by combining the current system for Secret Bases along with re purposing Gym maps / Secret Base layouts and decorations then it may be possible to implement.

Thank you for reading, if you have any changes you would suggest to the idea then please let me know!

Good morning Makota, I hope your doing well! I have a few concerns about this idea:

1. Isn't that giving players too much control of the battle layout?

2. What happens if I make a gym under my Bestfriends account and challenge it on my alt?

3. What if you know me personally, and I give you a spreadsheet of the gym's layouts?

4. (Summing 2 and 3) How will you cut out the bias?

Spoiler

If you want, you can suggest a clause in the Code of Conduct that prevents bias or anything of the sort. It can go like this...

"If you exploit our services for your benefit like 'customising Gym Battle for personal gain', your ability to do such activity will be revoked."

3 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

1) You can't have "Too much control" over something entirely player controlled, what is the concern here?

2) Then you are challenging your own gym on your alt, you are paying youself money from your alt and if the alt wins you are paying your alt a reward, simple as that?

3) Then you have given me a spreadsheet of the gym? I mean I see no harm in doing that if you want to tell your friends.

4) What "Bias", this is entirely player funded and driven, it is literally just money changing hands between players if they don't select 0$ entry and 0$ reward, I fail to understand your concerns.

3 minutes ago, ZoroarkH said:

why wait for the devs to implement it, just find some random house in kanto or hoenn, declare it your gym and give people incentive to challenge you.

Sure you could do that, we had something Similar to that anyways before with the eggplants 8 gyms challenge thing. But like, I think an actual format where say teams ingame can set players in the team to have a gym, and a leader etc then each individual player could set a team to use while say they arent online and could change it whenever they want to to prevent people from abusing it. Set a cooldown on challenging said gyms to prevent this feature from being abused and offer a reward for successfully beating the gyms.