Muting in team chat

Oltan

Question

For teams of bigger quantity in members, getting their attention is kinda hard, and being able to mute certain ranks or members would be very neat imo. It'd also have a permission set by the boss similar to that of kicking, and muting could be done through the permissions page aswell maybe, like having a "Mute" column and choosing the ranks to mute.

E: I see it already has been suggested, but no replies from a staff member (@RysPicz I see you feel me)

Edited by Oltan

9 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Oltan said:

I see it already has been suggested, but no replies from a staff member

I count right?

Anyway all jokes aside I don't think implementing such a system would be good. Many people would just abuse the fact of this and mute members for the lols and most likely upsetting players to the point of them leaving or just outright quitting. Warning players personally and/or kicking should be enough when players go over the line.

2 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

I count right?

Anyway all jokes aside I don't think implementing such a system would be good. Many people would just abuse the fact of this and mute members for the lols and most likely upsetting players to the point of them leaving or just outright quitting. Warning players personally and/or kicking should be enough when players go over the line,

Kicking imo is something major, but other than that, as I mentioned on the OP, this isn't about stopping members that are spamming, it's to silence the members of teams with large quantity of members online to get their attention, as it is hard telling them one by one. The screens were just for the lols and yeah im editing them out now @SweeTforU

Just a quick suggestion, maybe like, to make announcements, the Boss and executives could have like, a blue / green / purple / something not already used font special for announcements? Regular team chat for all members stays red, but have an option only for the Boss and executives to make announcements in team chat in a blue / green / purple / etc color font. No muting required and everyone should be able to see it plain as day among all the red team chatter. 

This suggestion is super annoying. Muting a member is a degrading move. Nobody can silence me. Because everybody is free what they want. If this not okay with your rules or you can't be okay with similar behaviours, you must kick. Team is somewhere you'll feel relax inside.

And if you just suggesting this to take attention of members, you are not enough to be boss.

Spoiler

Oltan lol, fck off xD You dont deserve to be boss of Havs-sama ! Give me @Havsha

And

16 minutes ago, WolfgangDamien said:

blue / green / purple

About colors, yeah i dont like red team chat, but , giving weird colors to ranked people will be annoying too. I don't want to take attention with just writing "lol" to team chat.

So instead of colors, maybe can be small symbols near names can be okay in my opinion. (Inspiration: Runescape)

3 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

And

About colors, yeah i dont like red team chat, but , giving weird colors to ranked people will be annoying too. I don't want to take attention with just writing "lol" to team chat.

So instead of colors, maybe can be small symbols near names can be okay in my opinion. (Inspiration: Runescape)

I actually meant for it to be a special option. The boss and executives would still be the same red as everyone else in team chat. But like how we have "Normal" "Channel" "Team" "Shout" etc options in chat, I think only the Boss and Executive should have a similar option, only usable inside of team chat, to make announcements of a different color. After the announcement you can change back to normal team chat red.

Because I totally agree, the boss and executives being a permanent different color would get annoying.

Edited by WolfgangDamien
no double post

wow classic hate on me again ty @FinnTheMember, havs-sama is having fun with me being his boss so dw

On 16.04.2017 at 7:54 AM, Kyu said:

Are you trying to have conversations between officers, or are you just trying to make an announcement to the entire team?

Announcement to the entire team, and regarding that,

On 16.04.2017 at 0:44 PM, WolfgangDamien said:

Just a quick suggestion, maybe like, to make announcements, the Boss and executives could have like, a blue / green / purple / something not already used font special for announcements? Regular team chat for all members stays red, but have an option only for the Boss and executives to make announcements in team chat in a blue / green / purple / etc color font. No muting required and everyone should be able to see it plain as day among all the red team chatter. 

this would also do, I was rather hasty suggesting muting, but yeah in general some way to announce other than the MOTD, I read it every single time I login, but I hear that people dont.