Make all Gen 5 Egg Moves That Screw Up Our Comps Into Tutor Moves

Xatu

Question

Idk the whole list but im sure someone has it already.  Basically dont force us to rebreed comps that might already be perfect.  Allow us to "grandfather" in our comps.  New egg moves and all.  Also I dont mean to make all egg moves into tutors, simply the ones that screw us over.

These exclusive tutor moves are only available for a limited time after the update (1 month).  Solely to give veteran players time to fix up their sets before the tutors are taken away.  The tutors ultimately are taken away to clear up any confusion players may have when using vanilla pokemon resources to plan out sets. 

Edited by Xatu

14 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

I do really think that there should be another alternative to obtaining egg moves without having to rebreed the same comps. It's just stupid and saying that "you can sell your comps now" basically means to remain comp-less for an uncertain amount of time because we have no idea of when we're going to be hit with the update. No one is definitely going to buy the current comps post-update either. 

I didn't spend hours and hours of grinding just to do some more especially when the current breeding system really doesn't make it easier like how it was in 2015. 

Even saying that I really agree with u, but taking as example how they implemented ability pill and braces, those pokes with a useless ability who were sold cheap or people's dito which became consumable,etc.

I was about suggesting a pill for hidden abilitys/ temporary move tutors that work like a quest for get egg moves only for pokes hatched BEFORE the update, but with base on the current dev's action this prob. won't go happen. And its better keep urself prepared them believe they ll care about us. (actually I am breeding just stuff i am sure a ll use, and I never sold any of my comp, I was been kinda sarcastic)

Alright, I'm going to explain why 'Grandfathering' in new content is generally a bad idea.

By introducing new content into the game, we do a couple of things:

• Inject new goals into the game, so that players who have previously succeded at hitting the previous ceiling now have further goals to hit, thus giving them a reason to log in and play (In addition to PvP of course)
  • Give the economy a (positive) kick, as every player is now after the new materials - this gives players further reason to trade with each other, have money change hands and allow people to convert their time spent farming into cash.

By allowing those players who are already at the high-end to 'upgrade' their comps to the new standard without participating in the economy/content mentioned would be a mistake in design at best.

Less trades will be taking place, less money will exchange hands and most importantly; less 'mons will be sunk.

As I've mentioned before on previous occasions, breeding is essential to keeping the economic balance of this game - and it does this quite well, as for every 'good' 'mon brought into the game, another is brought out of it - this encourages the constant flow and demand of new 'mons within the market.

It is not like 'hardcore' players (as you describe them) lose all of their progress up until now - they can breed their current comps to get a great head-start on their new ones.

This is more than can be said for most MMOs with the introduction of things such as newer equipment/levels.

The IV Ceiling/Nature boosts is not something that is going to be changing, you will always have that consistent benefit ahead of everybody else.

This seems to be something that is disregarded whenever the topic is brought up.

6 hours ago, Xatu said:

Well punishing your most hardcore of players is even more silly.  A 5x or 6x comp worth millions is essentially reduced to worthless or atleast greatly reduced because of its lack of game-winning moves.

I think you're greatly exaggerating the drop in value here, whilst Moves and Abilities are part of what makes up the value of a 'mon they aren't the only deciding factor, and IVs/Nature play a rather large role in that.

5 hours ago, Xatu said:

They also might not sell.  This is beacause someone will see the moveset and the fact its missing an egg move thats crucial and be like "well fuck that".  Because its not worth rebreeding.

In an update where everybody is after new breeding material, this isn't something that will be a problem.

If these new moves are so crucial to the meta game that they (and to quote) "Screw up your comps", then by definition it is worth rebreeding if that is the only way to obtain them.

Despite what some might believe, we have no desire to have you grind/breed some more because we think it's fun to watch - by participating in the new content this way you are helping the game on a wider scale.

7 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Having more money generated and exchanged is great and all.  But that is going to happen ALOT anyway.  The dex is going to almost doubled and most players are going to be focusing on those new mons.  The economic impact from this alone is huge.  The economic impact from older mons will be quite smaller since there is already an influx of mons.  I really dont think giving us time limited tutors would really change much.  It would also really show that you care about your community and the hard work they have already put into the game.  Rather than be like "well bite the bullet guys. its for the good of the currency value".  While we end up feeling abused and like we have to start all over.

I really wish this suggestion was getting some more love... its not like he/we are asking for much here.

If egg moves are required to make a comp viable in the new meta, but those moves were not available before... it seems a bit harsh to expect all players to rebreed... everything? or lots of comps...

Money sink or not, the player base of this game is shrinking, just look at GTL.... and now your going to turn off a portion of the dwindling player base by essentially making 100's if not 1000's of hours of their time worthless?

At some point you need to show some respect to your player base and their time... (I  would think?)

3 minutes ago, Xatu said:

I really dont think giving us time limited tutors would really change much.

Well you'd be wrong if you don't think that every existing player isn't going rush to use these tutors over breeding anything again.

The loss on the amount of things that would have been sunk/put into and taken out of the market is rather large.

What you're asking for is essentially "Pay a little in game money and/or a few items to skip to end game".

And not only is that bad for design, but it largely increases the gap between newer and older players - as anybody joining post-tutors will have an even bigger hurdle to catch up on.

8 minutes ago, Xatu said:

It would also really show that you care about your community and the hard work they have already put into the game.  Rather than be like "well bite the bullet guys. its for the good of the currency value".  While we end up feeling abused and like we have to start all over.

You can view it that way if you want, though I don't think it's fair to say that we don't care about our playerbase when it is the primary focus of every design decision we make.

I replied to your thread because I (personally) care, and feel that an explanation would go a long way.

Older players still have an advantage, they don't lose all of their progress and it is not the same thing as wiping your PC boxes (an example you used above).

They can still use their current 'mons to aid in the breeding of their newer ones - and that is already a huge leap over anybody who would have just started.

1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

The loss on the amount of things that would have been sunk/put into and taken out of the market is rather large.

Still smaller than the amount of sink from all new mons entirely.  Id say player happiness >>> economy.  The economy will already be much better anyway.

What you're asking for is essentially "Pay a little in game money and/or a few items to skip to end game".

Well we cant really partake in end-game until we breed the brand new mons anyway.  Being able to still use our old comps is only like 40% there. 

And not only is that bad for design, but it largely increases the gap between newer and older players - as anybody joining post-tutors will have an even bigger hurdle to catch up on.

New players are always going to be far behind.  Its an MMO.  We earned our comps, they will always have to catch up unless you happen to join an MMO the day it opens. 

You can view it that way if you want, though I don't think it's fair to say that we don't care about our playerbase when it is the primary focus of every design decision we make.

I replied to your thread because I (personally) care, and feel that an explanation would go a long way.

If you truly cared youd put the players spirit and time-investment higher than all.  You want people to stay.  You want people to continue to donate.  You dont want to piss people off.  Even if just 1 player leaves because of this that could have been like 100m they wouldve generated into the game by grinding etc. 
Ultimately its the players that are valuable.  Not the pixels. 

Could someone actually draw up an exact number of pokemon that currently are in pokemmo (and are a commonplace comp that most players would have, i.e. OU pokemon that have high usage) that are of comp value in gen five that would require rebreeding to get a move that is *essential* for the gen five meta?

Cause I'm under the impression that it's really only a handful of pokemon and that you guys are trying to make it seem that the devs are giving us a middle finger over these few pokemon...

4 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Could someone actually draw up an exact number of pokemon that currently are in pokemmo (and are a commonplace comp that most players would have, i.e. OU pokemon that have high usage) that are of comp value in gen five that would require rebreeding to get a move that is *essential* for the gen five meta?

Cause I'm under the impression that it's really only a handful of pokemon and that you guys are trying to make it seem that the devs are giving us a middle finger over these few pokemon...

its kinda hard, even more hard as we dont had a confirmation about H.A. (not an official)

I made a jolly pillowsine past year jolly with icicle spear as egg move, since it ll get ice shard as learned move, the other possible desired egg move is icicle crash (from beartic) but icicle spear is really an option for break subs and etc, more acc, more rng tough. But the problem is the Thick fat ability. I can still use it but it ll be inferior to other mamoswines with icicle crash & a resistance do ice/neutraity to fire.

2 minutes ago, Risadex said:

its kinda hard, even more hard as we dont had a confirmation about H.A. (not an official)

I made a jolly pillowsine past year jolly with icicle spear as egg move, since it ll get ice shard as learned move, the other possible desired egg move is icicle crash (from beartic) but icicle spear is really an option for break subs and etc, more acc, more rng tough. But the problem is the Thick fat ability. I can still use it but it ll be inferior to other mamoswines with icicle crash & a resistance do ice/neutraity to fire.

But piloswine is a pokemon that only a small, very small fraction of the current playerbase would have a comp version of it... So...

27 minutes ago, Gilan said:

check out my mixtape guide

it's mostly priority moves/brave bird/icicle crash and on patch 1 some pokemon may require rebreeding if you want to have the quickest stealth rocks in the game instead of waiting for the tutor

Edited by suigin
8 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Mamoswine, though.

well yeah, you can prep for mamoswine. But that's different than actually owning a comp piloswine currently, that you would need a temp tutor for. Cause you can prep for mamo without having to need a temp tutor (you just prep everything and then breed a mamo first thing after the update).

4 minutes ago, suigin said:

check out my mixtape guide

it's mostly priority moves/brave bird/icicle crash and on patch 1 some pokemon may require rebreeding if you want to have the quickest stealth rocks in the game instead of waiting for the tutor

oh, I don't actually care (I've already made my preparations for the next gen). I was just saying that if you wanted to make a half decent argument for temp tutors, you should give cold hard facts and stats.

Edited by Gilan
on phone forgive me for double posting

Players who play this for 3 years or so are still selling stuff to breed their own comps OUT OF A LAAAARGE pool of usable pokemons. (Gen3)

How can people expect us to breed most of usable mons of whole 5 generations in our tiny short small lifespan without even getting us to make our old comps usable.

Also, someone doesnt have a idea how much perfect breeders are consuming.

Also, if you really care about economy, it pretty much relies on people who play the game. If half the people leave, I can guarantee that economy won´t be as good as it is now.

Meanwhile, lemme think of an idea that can work well for everyone.

3 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

@Darkshade Can you help me rebreed this Shiny Gift Donphan of mine? I want it to learn Ice Shard. Also, I want my Shiny Gift Kingler to have Agility.

Imo this is like only legit reason to put those tutor. But still, they should be restricted only to gift pokemons. 

19 hours ago, Xatu said:

Still smaller than the amount of sink from all new mons entirely.  Id say player happiness >>> economy.  The economy will already be much better anyway.

Well we cant really partake in end-game until we breed the brand new mons anyway.  Being able to still use our old comps is only like 40% there. 

New players are always going to be far behind.  Its an MMO.  We earned our comps, they will always have to catch up unless you happen to join an MMO the day it opens. 

If you truly cared youd put the players spirit and time-investment higher than all.  You want people to stay.  You want people to continue to donate.  You dont want to piss people off.  Even if just 1 player leaves because of this that could have been like 100m they wouldve generated into the game by grinding etc. 
Ultimately its the players that are valuable.  Not the pixels. 

I want to know, either what fantasy world you live in, or what you are smoking(whatever it is it must be amazing), but player happiness can come from various places.  One thing I have learned from playing MMOs for a long time, is that the enjoyment of the game is MOSTLY effected directly by the economy.

That being said, I think that Breeding is one of, if not, the BEST sink in the game. it keeps the economy stable and prices reasonable for everyone, and who wants to play a game that is expensive to live in?

Just because some players aren't happy about 1 thing not being implemented, doesn't mean they can't get over it and do other things to make themselves happy.

Just because the Staff is thinking economically, doesn't mean they don't care, in fact, it shows that they care more about the players than you think it does, as they care enough to keep the economy in a place that makes things affordable to all players, which in turn makes the server a better place to be, in turn making players happy.

Furthermore, making people rebreed comps will give the players a reason to stay, and something to do besides the main story of the new area.

I feel like just because you don't want these inevitable changes to happen, you are trying to point out anything that may make the players upset, and then making a big deal out of it by posting about it, and when the staff shows up to tell you why they aren't doing what you want them to, you make a fuss over it and try to argue with them over it. kinda feels like you are just doing this just to be a pain in the staff's side, all because you don't want the game to change from it's current format.

Sorry if I make you upset with this post, but from an outside perspective, this is what you have been looking like these past few months.

Edited by mmead
21 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Alright, I'm going to explain why 'Grandfathering' in new content is generally a bad idea.

im so confused, can you guys decide what you are going to do please q.q

kyus post in the PTS thread:

I don't know. We haven't gotten there yet. I don't want to screw you guys too badly though, so I'm sure we'll figure some way to grandfather things in

3 hours ago, mmead said:

I want to know, either what fantasy world you live in, or what you are smoking(whatever it is it must be amazing), but player happiness can come from various places.  One thing I have learned from playing MMOs for a long time, is that the enjoyment of the game is MOSTLY effected directly by the economy.

People will continue to breed post update.

3 hours ago, mmead said:

That being said, I think that Breeding is one of, if not, the BEST sink in the game. it keeps the economy stable and prices reasonable for everyone, and who wants to play a game that is expensive to live in?

I never said to get rid of breeding.

3 hours ago, mmead said:

Just because some players aren't happy about 1 thing not being implemented, doesn't mean they can't get over it and do other things to make themselves happy.

It screws over long time members so hard that many will quit.  Potentially leading to a dead game that depends on player-to-player interaction.  Thus killing the game and taking it offline all-together.

3 hours ago, mmead said:

Just because the Staff is thinking economically, doesn't mean they don't care, in fact, it shows that they care more about the players than you think it does, as they care enough to keep the economy in a place that makes things affordable to all players, which in turn makes the server a better place to be, in turn making players happy.

The 200+ new pokemon is more than enough to supplement the economy.  Having to rebreed all of our old stuff is beyond lame.

3 hours ago, mmead said:

Furthermore, making people rebreed comps will give the players a reason to stay, and something to do besides the main story of the new area.

More like a reason to leave.

3 hours ago, mmead said:

I feel like just because you don't want these inevitable changes to happen, you are trying to point out anything that may make the players upset, and then making a big deal out of it by posting about it, and when the staff shows up to tell you why they aren't doing what you want them to, you make a fuss over it and try to argue with them over it. kinda feels like you are just doing this just to be a pain in the staff's side, all because you don't want the game to change from it's current format.

This thread is NOT about my fight to keep the game gen 3.  So i will not be commenting on this.  I'm not a pain in anyones side.  I'm simply a player who has an opinion who isnt afraid to share it who happens to use the forums.  MANY players are unaware of this update altogether.  If they were aware and also used the forums, there would likely be more public backlash. 

3 hours ago, mmead said:

Sorry if I make you upset with this post, but from an outside perspective, this is what you have been looking like these past few months.

Why would i be upset?  You were civil and didnt result to flaming or bullying. 

1 hour ago, Xatu said:

People will continue to breed post update. I never said they wouldn't

I never said to get rid of breeding. neither did I, but if we let everyone just use a tutor for egg moves, no matter how short a time, it would prevent the erasure or millions of dollars in game which would have been taken out of circulation, which would help keep the prices decent in the long run

It screws over long time members so hard that many will quit.  Potentially leading to a dead game that depends on player-to-player interaction.  Thus killing the game and taking it offline all-together. How do you know with 100% certainty that MANY will quit? there is nothing to suggest that people will leave en-mass just because they have to re-breed  their competitive teams

The 200+ new pokemon is more than enough to supplement the economy.  Having to rebreed all of our old stuff is beyond lame. Just because there will be more/new Pokemon added, doesn't negate the fact that breeding is better for the economy than removing the need to re-breed altogether

More like a reason to leave. maybe for you, but not for everyone. in fact, having something to do is what keeps people playing. If you have a game, and you find it fun, but you only have one thing to do all the time, it's going to get boring quick. Making people re-breed their comp Pokemon team gives them more to do, something to occupy them for a greater period of time. Idle hands are the Devil's plaything.

This thread is NOT about my fight to keep the game gen 3.  So i will not be commenting on this. It sure seems like it does have something to do with it, considering the topic is directly related to the new updates.

I'm not a pain in anyones side. Could have fooled me, what with arguing with the staff almost every time they give you a reason why your suggestion isn't such a good Idea for the health of the server

I'm simply a player who has an opinion who isnt afraid to share it who happens to use the forums. Good, you should share your opinions, and never be afraid to do so, just make sure they are just that, your OPINIONS, not something that you want to force in to the game. start a poll and ask how the other people feel about it. Don't just throw out an Idea that isn't well thought out and expect it to instantly win over everyone here.

MANY players are unaware of this update altogether. How many exactly? I find this really hard to believe, seeing as every time I log in, all I ever see in the world chat besides spam, is people talking about the update

If they were aware and also used the forums, there would likely be more public backlash. But the staff isn't exclusive to the forums, they log in to the game too, so I am sure they are aware of what the vast majority of people think about the topic. So how come we aren't seeing a huge backlash over it here or in game?

Why would i be upset?  You were civil and didnt result to flaming or bullying. I appreciate that you understand that I'm not trying to be rude, I never try to upset people, I try to teach people to think from every possible perspective, and to not over exaggerate or assume extremes.

No one single person knows what is best for the server, so all the staff can really do is take into consideration the opinions of the majority of the people on the server, and put it on a scale to see if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, Then make a decision based on the results.

3 hours ago, mmead said:

You imply like the rebreeding will actually hinder the economy when we cant even gauge the effect on the economy since there will already be about 60% more mons to breed for.

I never said to get rid of breeding. neither did I, but if we let everyone just use a tutor for egg moves, no matter how short a time, it would prevent the erasure or millions of dollars in game which would have been taken out of circulation, which would help keep the prices decent in the long run

Like i said before, this pales in comparision to ACTUAL NEW money being brought into the game via pure grind, ala gym leaders, storyline, and island running.  If just a single player quits thats millions and millions that would NEVER be brought into the game. 

It screws over long time members so hard that many will quit.  Potentially leading to a dead game that depends on player-to-player interaction.  Thus killing the game and taking it offline all-together. How do you know with 100% certainty that MANY will quit? there is nothing to suggest that people will leave en-mass just because they have to re-breed  their competitive teams

There is everything to suggest that.  When you play an MMO you invest time and resources so that you have something to show for it.  You may not have 5x31 or 6x31 PERFECT COMPS.  But many of us do.  With the inclusion of 150 new moves there are many many options that did not exist prior.  Many player simply wont care enough to sell unsellable comps for drastically low prices.  They will see the state of the game, essenitally reducing there THOUSANDS of gameplay hours to meaningless.  And they will quit.  Player retention is the name of the game in MMOs.  Lets just assume that every single player is staying right?  Well from the devs perspective if they sense EVEN A HINT that players may leave based on a decision THAT COULD BE PREVENTED.  Then they should do everything in their power to prevent that form happening. Or else, they will sit there wondering the rest of their lives WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN.

The 200+ new pokemon is more than enough to supplement the economy.  Having to rebreed all of our old stuff is beyond lame. Just because there will be more/new Pokemon added, doesn't negate the fact that breeding is better for the economy than removing the need to re-breed altogether

Sure i understand the point.  But its only about 50% true.

More like a reason to leave. maybe for you, but not for everyone. in fact, having something to do is what keeps people playing. If you have a game, and you find it fun, but you only have one thing to do all the time, it's going to get boring quick. Making people re-breed their comp Pokemon team gives them more to do, something to occupy them for a greater period of time. Idle hands are the Devil's plaything.

I never said i was leaving.  But really.  Whos gonna see this update and see that their comps are worthless and be like "Oh boy I cant wait to rebreed them!!1!"..  Seriously nobody will feel this way. There are COUNTLESS things to do OTHER THAN breed.

This thread is NOT about my fight to keep the game gen 3.  So i will not be commenting on this. It sure seems like it does have something to do with it, considering the topic is directly related to the new updates.

Yeah.  It related to the new update.  Never once did I say "Dont update the game" in this thread.  Which is why I'm not commenting on it.

I'm not a pain in anyones side. Could have fooled me, what with arguing with the staff almost every time they give you a reason why your suggestion isn't such a good Idea for the health of the server

Really you call that arguing?  You mean stating my opinion in a calm and collected manner right?  Not once have i lost my shit talking to staff.  And @Darkshade hasnt even commented on many of the points I brought up in my last post addressed to him.  Thats how debated work you know.  Like we are having right now.  We arent arguing. 

I'm simply a player who has an opinion who isnt afraid to share it who happens to use the forums. Good, you should share your opinions, and never be afraid to do so, just make sure they are just that, your OPINIONS, not something that you want to force in to the game. start a poll and ask how the other people feel about it. Don't just throw out an Idea that isn't well thought out and expect it to instantly win over everyone here.

My idea is plenty thought out.  Its not even complicated.  Its literally a 1 line piece of code that says "This guys teaches this move".

MANY players are unaware of this update altogether. How many exactly? I find this really hard to believe, seeing as every time I log in, all I ever see in the world chat besides spam, is people talking about the update

Really because i log in every day for about 3 hours a day and use the chat very frequently.  About 9/10 people arent even aware about the update because they dont read announcement logs and they dont use the forums.  If people actually used the forums then maybe a poll might actually work but even this is inaccurate because people can just make alt accounts to throw off the stats. 

If they were aware and also used the forums, there would likely be more public backlash. But the staff isn't exclusive to the forums, they log in to the game too, so I am sure they are aware of what the vast majority of people think about the topic. So how come we aren't seeing a huge backlash over it here or in game?

Why dont we start by telling every single comp player at the beginning of every single tourney "Hey in about 2 months all of your pokemon will be useless, oh yeah and good luck selling them too because nobody will touch that shit"  Then once everyone is properly informed of the repercussions of said update then we can decide on the communities opinion.  Im just going out on a limb saying this but.... I dont think they will be too happy.

20 minutes ago, Xatu said:

You imply like the rebreeding will actually hinder the economy when we cant even gauge the effect on the economy since there will already be about 60% more mons to breed for. I never implied that it would hinder the economy, I was implying that it would only HELP the economy. Don't know where this backwards thinking came from. O.o

Like i said before, this pales in comparision to ACTUAL NEW money being brought into the game via pure grind, ala gym leaders, storyline, and island running.  If just a single player quits thats millions and millions that would NEVER be brought into the game.  By that logic, you don't believe that players should ever leave? Why such extreme thinking? Also, you just reinforced my reasoning as to  why this shouldn't be implemented, more money means more need for the sink

There is everything to suggest that.  When you play an MMO you invest time and resources so that you have something to show for it.  You may not have 5x31 or 6x31 PERFECT COMPS.  But many of us do.  With the inclusion of 150 new moves there are many many options that did not exist prior.  Many player simply wont care enough to sell unsellable comps for drastically low prices.  They will see the state of the game, essenitally reducing there THOUSANDS of gameplay hours to meaningless.  And they will quit.  Player retention is the name of the game in MMOs.  Lets just assume that every single player is staying right?  Well from the devs perspective if they sense EVEN A HINT that players may leave based on a decision THAT COULD BE PREVENTED.  Then they should do everything in their power to prevent that form happening. Or else, they will sit there wondering the rest of their lives WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. What MMOs do you play that literally never get new content? As I stated before, I have played MMOs for a long time now, so I know the pain of expansions, losing gear/things because something new and better came out. I have in fact put in the effort to build a team of perfect 6x31 Pokemon (not for comp, I don't believe in tiers) and there are new moves that are coming out for some of them that will make me re-breed for them. am I complaining? no, because everyone else will be right there with me re-breeding for new moves. You don't need to sell your current comps, re-breed them like everyone else. What gives you the right to speak for all of the playerbase? again, you don't KNOW they will quit, since it hasn't happened yet, and until it does, it's only YOUR opinion. Player retention IS the name of the game, and how do you keep players? Give them more things to do, like re-breeding, and not playing favorites for the older players over the newer ones. Also, you shouldn't assume anything, as that makes it a part of your opinion, not fact.

Sure i understand the point.  But its only about 50% true. let me guess, everything up to the word "added" is true, and everything after isn't? How do you even begin to pretend that this statement is only half true? No it's 100% true, you said nothing to prove otherwise (especially without physical proof), and I'm fairly certain that the staff knows this too, which is why there are no plans currently to implement this.

I never said i was leaving.  But really.  Whos gonna see this update and see that their comps are worthless and be like "Oh boy I cant wait to rebreed them!!1!"..  Seriously nobody will feel this way. There are COUNTLESS things to do OTHER THAN breed. Sure re-breeding is going to suck, but that's no reason to leave at all. if you feel the need to leave just because your gear/items/Pokemon are obsolete and you are too lazy to put in the time and effort to put yourself on top again, then you don't need to be playing MMOs, because that is the very nature of them: change. I don't leave an MMO just because my character got nerfed and my gear just became obsolete, I get over it and make the better gear, and learn to work around the nerfs, as any serious MMO player should.

Yeah.  It related to the new update.  Never once did I say "Dont update the game" in this thread.  Which is why I'm not commenting on it. Almost every time you comment on anything remotely related to the new update, you try to combat the positivity that it is getting with reasons why you think it's a bad idea to implement them, why is that? Also, you don't need to openly say it to imply it. you'd do well to remember that for the next time you let your opinion overshadow logic

Really you call that arguing?  You mean stating my opinion in a calm and collected manner right?  Not once have i lost my shit talking to staff.  And @Darkshade hasnt even commented on many of the points I brought up in my last post addressed to him.  Thats how debated work you know.  Like we are having right now.  We arent arguing. it's not really debating when you keep saying the same thing again and again when they already told you why it's not in the plans, just because you personally think something is unfair and want it changed. I was trying to be nice by not calling it whining, but I guess it is what it is. And adding a scenario (and a biased one at that) to attempt to further prove your point doesn't help unless someone legit doesn't understand what you are talking about.

My idea is plenty thought out.  Its not even complicated.  Its literally a 1 line piece of code that says "This guys teaches this move". So you think that because it would be easy to do makes it well thought out? That is not the case. you are being narrow minded and thinking of only the veteran comp players, but if this isn't a permanent addition to the game, then how is it fair to non-copm and new players after it's gone? It isn't. What you don't see here is that by suggesting to add this, you are suggesting that the staff play favorites with a select group of players over another group of players. That's not fair for everyone. sure you could argue that not implementing the tutor, making people re-breed is unfair, but that's a weak argument, since even non-comp players like to have 5x31 or 6x31 perfect natured pokemon with amazing moves too, and new players still need to breed in the first place, so if anything you already have a head start. what more do you want?

Really because i log in every day for about 3 hours a day and use the chat very frequently.  About 9/10 people arent even aware about the update because they dont read announcement logs and they dont use the forums.  If people actually used the forums then maybe a poll might actually work but even this is inaccurate because people can just make alt accounts to throw off the stats.  again, how do you KNOW with 100% accuracy that "9/10 people arent even aware about the update"? How do you KNOW with 100% accuracy  that "they dont read announcement logs"? sure not everyone uses the forums, but without physical proof, these statements are just your opinion, so stop speaking for EVERYONE when you aren't everyone. You don't know that they don't read the announcements, therefore you don't even know that they are unaware. I however see people talking about the updates (and their potential byproducts) in the chats all the time. I never said that they read it, but the fact of the matter is that it IS being discussed frequently in game so it is highly unlikely that the vast majority of players haven't heard about the updates by now (unless they play like, a few hours a month)

Why dont we start by telling every single comp player at the beginning of every single tourney "Hey in about 2 months all of your pokemon will be useless, oh yeah and good luck selling them too because nobody will touch that shit"  Then once everyone is properly informed of the repercussions of said update then we can decide on the communities opinion.  Im just going out on a limb saying this but.... I dont think they will be too happy. How are they useless? Why would you sell them when you can........again.........USE THEM TO RE-BREED. Again, that is a head start over anyone who doesn't have any perfect Pokemon to begin with. and why would a staff member say that a Pokemon is useless (NO pokemon is useless, each one has it's own special features that make it shine individually) and then take it a step further by saying that the pokemon is worthless? They care about the players and would never talk down to them just to be an ass. People don't just finish the story, then buy up already perfect comp pokemon just to jump right in to PvP. Not at the price they normally go for. but someone MAY buy an old comp pokemon to do what you want to be too lazy to do: re-breed it like everyone else. It seems to me that you are just trying to shoot down anyone who doesn't agree with what you have to say because they thought it out just a little better, and can use actual logic to support their claims......just sayin...Kinda seems like with this comment on the bottom, you are trying to plant and nourish a seed of hatred toward the new content in the playerbase, just to get the update canceled or convince the people to leave if it comes. if that is not the case, then please stop making the staff's work out to be something worse than what it really is. If you are so opposed to the changes, then you have 2 choices: Get over it, or leave. Simple as that.