Make all Gen 5 Egg Moves That Screw Up Our Comps Into Tutor Moves

Xatu

Question

Idk the whole list but im sure someone has it already.  Basically dont force us to rebreed comps that might already be perfect.  Allow us to "grandfather" in our comps.  New egg moves and all.  Also I dont mean to make all egg moves into tutors, simply the ones that screw us over.

These exclusive tutor moves are only available for a limited time after the update (1 month).  Solely to give veteran players time to fix up their sets before the tutors are taken away.  The tutors ultimately are taken away to clear up any confusion players may have when using vanilla pokemon resources to plan out sets. 

Edited by Xatu

Just now, notmudkip0 said:

how is it decided which moves "screw you over"

New moves.  Tha are egg moves.  That are viable.  That force us to rebreed in order to have them on a mon.

1 minute ago, ZoroarkH said:

i agree,to add on I think this tutor should only be available to Pokemon born before the update

Yes that would be amazing to clear confusion when using vanilla sources for things like egg moves.

Edited by Xatu

Just sell pokes ll need egg moves for noobs like sneasel w/o icicle crash, pokes without close combat, etc and dont breed those now, or just breed a 4x31 ans keep remaining iv as 20+ only etc

U might also breed spatkers with 0 atk to decrease dmg from foul play kek

1 minute ago, Risadex said:

Just sell pokes ll need egg moves for noobs like sneasel w/o icicle crash, pokes without close combat, etc and dont breed those now, or just breed a 4x31 ans keep remaining iv as 20+ only etc

this, or breed the ones you have now to suit the new meta.

32 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Egg moves should remain breedable only.

Disregarding a canon game mechanic such as that, just to cater to lazy players is silly.

Well punishing your most hardcore of players is even more silly.  A 5x or 6x comp worth millions is essentially reduced to worthless or atleast greatly reduced because of its lack of game-winning moves.

5 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

this, or breed the ones you have now to suit the new meta.

rebreeding is often out of the picture with 5x/6x "perfect" comps.  Its a waste of money. 

It's a way to keep breeding as a consistent pokemon sink, so no one can just breed everything now and get egg moves post-update.

That makes no sense at all.  We should be able to use our comps, that we have now.  With that sort of logic they might as well wipe all our our boxes for the update.  Thats the perfect money sink.

1 minute ago, PlazmaX said:

Sell the mon without the egg moves since usually they sell for higher then the cost for breeding and problem solved pretty easily

and it's not like players who switched from gen 4 to gen 5 didn't experience this 

lol are you comparing vanilla pokemon to pokemmo???  get real m8.  everyone either gens or has a 6x ditto/every egg group. 

it might sell for more than breeding value but it also might not sell at all, forcing the player to relist into oblivion since its missing that "key". Egg move. 

Just now, Xatu said:

lol are you comparing vanilla pokemon to pokemmo???  get real m8.  everyone either gens or has a 6x ditto/every egg group. 

it might sell for more than breeding value but it also might not sell at all, forcing the player to relist into oblivion since its missing that "key". Egg move. 

>m8

guess what 6x sell for a hell of a lot more then they cost and there are always people stupid enough to buy and even if it costs to breed more here then in vanilla it's still something vanilla players had to do to switch gens egg moves are called egg moves for a reason kiddo

Just now, PlazmaX said:

>m8

guess what 6x sell for a hell of a lot more then they cost and there are always people stupid enough to buy

They might sell but are ignoring the point i just brought up.  They also might not sell.  This is beacause someone will see the moveset and the fact its missing an egg move thats crucial and be like "well fuck that".  Because its not worth rebreeding.

Just now, PlazmaX said:

and even if it costs to breed more here then in vanilla it's still something vanilla

"Cost".  Yeah.  In vanilla nothing costs anything.  Which is why your comparison means nothing.

I do really think that there should be another alternative to obtaining egg moves without having to rebreed the same comps. It's just stupid and saying that "you can sell your comps now" basically means to remain comp-less for an uncertain amount of time because we have no idea of when we're going to be hit with the update. No one is definitely going to buy the current comps post-update either. 

I didn't spend hours and hours of grinding just to do some more especially when the current breeding system really doesn't make it easier like how it was in 2015. 

no one's forcing you to rebreed anything. if you're really gonna fucking complain because you have to rebreed your comps for a new meta that's your fault. it's a new fucking meta for a reason, make new comps. your old comps do not become useless. they are very much still usable and who says you cant rebreed them anyways? this is pretty much the same when the phys/spec split happened here and nobody really complained about having to make new comps.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

no one's forcing you to rebreed anything.

KK so ill just use my inferior comps and lose every time only wondering if they would function me better had I invest the 1m to make a brand new version of the exact same pokemon.  Sounds so fun, you know?

if you're really gonna fucking complain because you have to rebreed your comps for a new meta that's your fault. it's a new fucking meta for a reason, make new comps.

Lol so they might as well wipe every mon on the server then.  Oh wait they would never do that.  Why should I have to "make new comps" of mons I literally already made and invested time/money into. 

your old comps do not become useless.

Yes they do.  They are inferior. 

they are very much still usable and who says you cant rebreed them anyways?

No point in rebreeding when many comps are 5x31 or 6x and are considered perfect.  Rebreeding would waste tons of time and resources.  Like was mentioned before, the mons might not even sell because knowledgeable players will notice they are lacking key egg moves and wouldnt dare touch it. 

this is pretty much the same when the phys/spec split happened here and nobody really complained about having to make new comps.

Its somewhat comparable but didnt actually involve new moves that didnt exist prior so its actually not that comparable at all. 

Just now, PlazmaX said:

Man you must hate when a poke moves a tier 

Here again with the weird comparisons.  Once again it doesnt apply.  A mon moving a tier isnt the same as a mon missing a crucial move in general.  For example try to sell a 5x31 vaporeon without wish and report back.

new metagame, maybe?

Thus the reason I made this thread.  The mons need the new moves FOR the new meta.  ALL other moves can be edited with TMs, tutors, or mushroom guy.

Edited by Xatu
17 minutes ago, Xatu said:

KK so ill just use my inferior comps and lose every time only wondering if they would function me better had I invest the 1m to make a brand new version of the exact same pokemon.  Sounds so fun, you know?

Lol so they might as well wipe every mon on the server then.  Oh wait they would never do that.  Why should I have to "make new comps" of mons I literally already made and invested time/money into. 

Yes they do.  They are inferior. 

No point in rebreeding when many comps are 5x31 or 6x and are considered perfect.  Rebreeding would waste tons of time and resources.  Like was mentioned before, the mons might not even sell because knowledgeable players will notice they are lacking key egg moves and wouldnt dare touch it. 

Its somewhat comparable but didnt actually involve new moves that didnt exist prior so its actually not that comparable at all. 

"Its somewhat comparable but didnt actually involve new moves that didnt exist prior so its actually not that comparable at all. "

what does this even mean lmao, of course its comparable. just because the phys/spec split didnt come with new moves doesnt mean that you cant compare them. is it a new meta? yes. did people have to adapt to it? yes. oh look, comparable.