Allow changing of Pokeball for pokemon (New Money Sink)

Matoka

Question

So currently there are some pokemon that are unable to be caught in certain pokeballs, Scythers and Scizors can only be in either a Safari Zone pokeball or a Regular Pokeball, Shedinja can only be in a regular pokeball, and some pokemon such as Shuckle used to be available to be caught in the wild with whatever pokeball you wish but can no longer as they are no restricted to the Safari Zone.

My suggestion would be an NPC similar to the name rater that will allow us to change the pokeball we have a pokemon inside of, and I would suggest that there would be two restrictions to this:

1. The Pokemon must have Maximum friendship with you
  2. You pay a fee in order to do this, such as 15,000$ or some total that is nothing to sneeze at but will not make us bleed our eyes out grinding to do so.

I think this would be nice for customisation, and I am aware you can breed pokeballs onto pokemon but as I listed at the start of this thread, there are some pokemon this is not applicable to and I wish people would keep that in mind.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Matoka

6 answers to this question

Dude what's the purpose, if your primary concern is aesthetics well that's useless.
If your second concern is to earn happiness as fast as possible, well just use 7 Iappapas or 7 Mago berries to get it to 100% in 10secs.
Guess your post falls into the category of your daily dose of useless suggestions.

2 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

Dude what's the purpose, if your primary concern is aesthetics well that's useless.
If your second concern is to earn happiness as fast as possible, well just use 7 Iappapas or 7 Mago berries to get it to 100% in 10secs.
Guess your post falls into the category of your daily dose of useless suggestions.

"If your primary concern is aesthetics well that's useless"

You know lets just remove the ability to nickname pokemon, remove character sprite customisation then since they are all "Useless" too.

Also I said a requirement in order to do this is having 100% happiness, not that doing it GIVES 100% happiness, if you actually read wording properly before replying then you'd notice that.

Also money sinks are healthy for MMO's, having another way to remove money out of the economy helps prevent inflation so overall, even outside of Aesthetics another welcome option of a money sink is helpful for the longevity of the game.

Lastly no one is forcing you to use this feature if it were to be implemented, it is literally there for people would would want to do it in the first place, your comment is literally only looking at your own perspective which is entirely entitled to thinking that you don't care about cosmetic features in Pokemmo, however there are people who do care about those kinds of things and therefore you should not simply write it off as "Useless".

I can agree with this competitively, since today we can scout 1st poke of each team. Currently, when we switch pokes, we only have animations of pokes fleeding and entering. With base on pts, b/w animations always show the pokeball when switching.

This can influence competitives cus of pokeball typing, for an example, a player have 3 knewed venusaurs: a growth modest one, a calm tank one and a SDlure adamant one. Growth one in luxury, tank one in premier and SD in a common pokeball. If his opponent know this info he can play around the probably set he is carrying. (Or be lured with other pokemon sharing the same pokeball)  The same occurs with poke's nickname and genders.

I actually always played around that trying do the final offspring of same species with similar balls and nicks, but sometime shit happens (lucky desired natures on 5x31 pokes are a example)

So yeah its an aceptable idea

Edited by Risadex
Mobile errors
1 hour ago, pachima said:

There is breeding where you can use any ball you want besides master ball

This is the case with 90% of pokemon, however it only allows you to continue over with the same pokeball, if that pokemon is unable to be obtained in a pokeball of a certain kind there is no way to change it, such as with Safari only pokemon which if bred will always be in a Safari pokeball, I gave examples of this.

Scyther can either be obtained in the Safari zone in Kanto or via the Game Corner as a prize (which puts it in a pokeball) Nothing can change this via breeding, it just means that the pokeball is retained as it is passed down. You cannot get a Scyther in a Nest ball or in a Great ball etc, not without a feature akin to this.

For Pokemon in similar situations is the reason i made this suggestion.
This includes off the top of my head any Safari-zone exclusive pokemon, Porygon, and Shedinja.

Also, if you bred a pokemon a year ago and want to change what pokeball it is in you are not going to feasibly re-breed a 5x31 natured pokemon to do so, having a feature where you can pay to do so would be much preferred.