Hidden Abilities will be "Grandfathered in"?

Kyu during the Public Test Server for Unova said that HA's will be grandfathered in, does that simply mean added at a later date etc? or does it mean we will be able to grant pokemon we currently have with hidden abilities, e.g. by a new ability pill etc

I am just curious if there is any way we can know if we should hold off on breeding a pokemon now that we will want the hidden ability of later, since if it is like in the original games a lot of pokes will be better to just wait out and this information will be quite useful if it can be provided.

E.G. I have a Volbeat, will I need to breed a new Volbeat most likely to gain the HA or will it be possible to Ability pill / change Volbeat's ability to its Hidden Ability (Prankster)

Thank you for reading.

Grandfathered in means that mons that currently exist will be given a chance to get the new abilities.  Probably through a sink like the one that currently exists.  (Ability pill)

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

Grandfathered in means that mons that currently exist will be given a chance to get the new abilities.  Probably through a sink like the one that currently exists.  (Ability pill)

Has this term been used before for stuff like this? if so I'm very happy it is this way around, as that way pokemon i have currently can still be useful

Just now, Matoka said:

Has this term been used before for stuff like this? if so I'm very happy it is this way around, as that way pokemon i have currently can still be useful

Yeah the term grandfathered in usually applies to bets and things of that nature.  Like you sit down at a blackjack table and they change the minimum bet but you can continue betting the bet you started with because you were "grandfathered in".  In the context of this MMO he means that our comps will have a chance to cahnge the nature lol.

Just now, Xatu said:

Yeah the term grandfathered in usually applies to bets and things of that nature.  Like you sit down at a blackjack table and they change the minimum bet but you can continue betting the bet you started with because you were "grandfathered in".  In the context of this MMO he means that our comps will have a chance to cahnge the nature lol.

Oh, I was more so meaning has the term grandfathered been used by the devs before about a feature, and if you happened to recall that which feature that was?

Just now, Matoka said:

Oh, I was more so meaning has the term grandfathered been used by the devs before about a feature, and if you happened to recall that which feature that was?

Oh yeah i dont recall them using the term before but its pretty simple to deduce what they meant. 

Just now, Xatu said:

Oh yeah i dont recall them using the term before but its pretty simple to deduce what they meant. 

No harm in attempting to have very plain stated clarity though, its better safe than sorry, I'd just hate to breed something only to find out it wasn't optimal to do due to a misunderstanding about the meaning of their word choice.

Just now, Matoka said:

No harm in attempting to have very plain stated clarity though, its better safe than sorry, I'd just hate to breed something only to find out it wasn't optimal to do due to a misunderstanding about the meaning of their word choice.

Oh yeah totally.  Upon further evaluation I find that it totally could be interpreted either way.  Im sure a dev will post soon to clear it up though :)

1 hour ago, WolfgangDamien said:

in b4 an ability pill only gives a % chance at a hidden ability, and you cant just choose one, and we all waste millions hoping for a hidden ability

even this is fine as it is an option that may be cheaper than re-breeding, I just want an option imo