World Cup - Group Stages - Group H

LMAO, I mailed @OrangeManiac I would NU this match.

Therefore, I brought a NU team for a surprising OU match, which I didn´t even move.

Tried to make DragonDark accept a rematch since I didnt even click a single button, but as kind as he is, he said ez on whispers after he won.

Well, guess it´s part my fault for not double checking.

Anyway, I respect any decision u bring to. Looking forward it.

46 minutes ago, pachima said:

LMAO, I mailed @OrangeManiac I would NU this match.

Therefore, I brought a NU team for a surprising OU match, which I didn´t even move.

Tried to make DragonDark accept a rematch since I didnt even click a single button, but as kind as he is, he said ez on whispers after he won.

Well, guess it´s part my fault for not double checking.

Anyway, I respect any decision u bring to. Looking forward it.

01cf28ad36cfa0043ef80384be18c4e5.png
https://gyazo.com/01cf28ad36cfa0043ef80384be18c4e5

This is the lineups you submitted to me.

It's unfortunate that you were in the misunderstanding that the match you're going to play was NU match but you shouldn't have accepted the battle with incorrect tiers. I can't enforce a rematch unless your opponent allows one for you because of the fact someone could bring a wrong tier team to scout someone's lead and use that for their advantage. I know for certain this was not your intention at all and I need to enforce this for consistency reasons. As dragondark doesn't seem to allow a rematch, I have no options but to give him the win of this match.

I know we discussed about this in PM but I just had to make an official announcement so there's no confusion.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Punish what, he didn't win Orange. They didn't play so go (re)match rofl. Stop overthinking about things that stupid and tell them to play a match as they should have done.

You can't just fuck a team because you failed to post the good line up, what would be the most unfair thing ? Play a match like they were supposed to or give a shit ass win to someone that didn't play cause a tierce person failed posting line ups ?

Rematch this thing it's not even a question gosh

Edited by Kamimiii
3 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

Punish what, he didn't win Orange. They didn't play so go (re)match rofl. Stop overthinking about things that stupid and tell them to play a match as they should have done.

You can't just fuck a team because you failed to post the good line up, what would be the most unfair thing ? Play a match like they were supposed to or give a shit ass win to someone that didn't play cause a tierce person failed posting line ups ?

Rematch this thing it's not even a question gosh

Nah. While its partly Orange´s fault, it also heavily resides on me by not double checking what he posted.

Anyway, I rather prefer to lose than to act like a 10 monthed mammoth with osteoporosys in his left eye.

I blame this community not Orange. But well, It´s how stuff is in this game, rip.

43 minutes ago, pachima said:

Nah. While its partly Orange´s fault, it also heavily resides on me by not double checking what he posted.

Anyway, I rather prefer to lose than to act like a 10 monthed mammoth with osteoporosys in his left eye.

I blame this community not Orange. But well, It´s how stuff is in this game, rip.

Actually, call me a biased host but I decided to do a 180 here.

I will enforce a rematch. This is because Pachima had a reason to think he was playing NU, because he submitted 2 NU 1 OU match with his lineups. I accidentally put Pachima 2x OU 1x NU. Even though Pachima could have checked the correct tiers, this is still a fuck up from my behalf. My apologies to all parties involved. However, the only harm Pachima could have caused with this is that he gained information about DragonDark's lead since they did not battle after match was started. Therefor I will enforce a rematch where Pachima has to tell his own lead vs DragonDark. Therefor Pachima has no further knowledge of his opponent's team than his opponents has knowledge about his team.

It might not be the most diplomatic way but fuck, it's the most fair. At least in my opinion.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Story time with orange:

I was having a game with my American football team 500 km away from where we're from. On the game day we were waiting our reserved bus to pick us up just to see that they fucked the order up and had no reservations of us marked at all. They quickly sent a bus for us but regardless we were about to be horribly late. We arrived the venue about when the match was supposed to start (we usually arrive 3 hours before every game) and the game was delayed horribly. Not only was this an important match on the national level of this sport but also there was 500+ spectators on the venue probably feeling even more anxious than the players are. However, without any further questions asked when our team manager let our opposing team know that there has been a mishap with the transportation, our opposing team naturally gave us all the time we needed to warm us up properly before the game should start. Even almost an hour late.

This is the reason why I feel that when there has been a human error in the scheduling of a Pokemon tournament that the opponent should be easy on the opponent and the organizer, understand their mistake and allow a rematch. I get that winning is the goal for everyone but sportsmanship is beyond all of that.

Even though as a host I feel like I technically shouldn't be enforcing a rematch due to technicalities and the fact Pachima could have checked the correct tiers before starting the battle but the practical me says that I cannot give this match to DragonDark.

Edited by OrangeManiac
Just now, Moetal said:

Unfortunately we have no one else to play UU. I could totally put him in OU and leave UU blank.

you cant get UU comps? hell, you couldve even got UU comps from him and took the auto L at UU for jermaone to play the tier he's best at, as you see it wouldnt make a difference which tier you played
you're welcome for teaching you, pal