World Cup - Group Stages - Group E

2 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Activity calls will be made after deadline. There's 48 hours after the deadline to give me proof about your activity and opponent's inactivity.

Mfw you still want proof even after I added randoms just cuz they have pinklabel in their friends list, and tagged him every 3 days in forum, and whispered u in game at least twice about that matter. 

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

I should have just had my murican boys put in 0 effort and plead for activity wins. Smh smd.

B-but jj

4 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

Mfw you still want proof even after I added randoms just cuz they have pinklabel in their friends list, and tagged him every 3 days in forum, and whispered u in game at least twice about that matter. 

Your match isn't the only one of the World Cup. I'm not going to handle your case at any different order than anyone else's. My policy is that before making a single activity call, I will wait to the deadline while encouraging to play any match that is possible to be played and your case is no exception.

If he hasn't been on forums at all, if he hasn't posted anything here, if there's clear indication that he's not in this game then obviously he will be given activity loss. Now chill the fuck out lol.

Edited by OrangeManiac
1 hour ago, DoctorPBC said:

Shouldnt, it comes down to a ton of activity decisions which should favour Canada and then we beat USA1

Hm I don't think so, best case scenario for team canada is that you're in a three way with usa and malaysia, since you beat usa, we beat malaysia, and you lost to malaysia. If you summed wins and losses overall, USA would have 4 wins and 2 losses. Canada has 3 wins and 3 losses, so even if you were awarded all the activity wins, then you're still always going to be one win behind USA, assuming similar activity calls are being made for all the remaining matches. 

And technically speaking, USA's record would be 2-1-0, while Canada's is 1-1-1, in terms of matches played currently, since no matches were played between canada and algeria. 

6 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Hm I don't think so, best case scenario for team canada is that you're in a three way with usa and malaysia, since you beat usa, we beat malaysia, and you lost to malaysia. If you summed wins and losses overall, USA would have 4 wins and 2 losses. Canada has 3 wins and 3 losses, so even if you were awarded all the activity wins, then you're still always going to be one win behind USA, assuming similar activity calls are being made for all the remaining matches. 

And technically speaking, USA's record would be 2-1-0, while Canada's is 1-1-1, in terms of matches played currently, since no matches were played between canada and algeria. 

1: We should be getting at least  two activity calls over Algeria with wins for us and likely a third 

2: Our head to head vs US is superior

3: Best case for US is a 3 way tie imo 

1 minute ago, DoctorPBC said:

1: We should be getting at least  two activity calls over Algeria with wins for us and likely a third 

2: Our head to head vs US is superior

3: Best case for US is a 3 way tie imo 

1. Still irrelevant, assuming USA gets the same activity calls, and the weighting of matches vs activity wins should be considered as well.

2. Can't really claim that without any bias from the host. There were no seedings in the tournament, so all teams are assumed equal. If 1 beats 2, 2 beats 3, and 3 beats 1, you can't say that any of them is better than the other without some other determining factor. Both losses were 1-2, so that can't be used for anything either. 

3. Personally, I'd like to see a slight extension on some matches that are somewhat important, just so that we don't have countless activity calls which result in a USA record of 7-2 and a record for canada being 6-3. And determining activity for an event like this is gonna be a huge pain as well, since there are lots of other groups that probably have other activity issues.

In terms of results, option 1 is all matches not played are activity wins for team usa and team canada, resulting in a record of 7-2 and 6-3, respectively, with USA still ahead. Option 2 is count the matches that were played, so the records are 4-2 and 3-3 for USA and canada respectively. Option 3 is to get matches vs algeria done to see if USA wins vs them and canada could potentially lose (or vice versa) which would be more definitive. 

Alright, time to jump in.

- First of all, every Algeria/Morocco match will count as an activity loss to them since their inactivity was so evident. Since they did not win a single match you can might as well take them off the calculations.

- We have a three way tie with wins. USA beat Malaysia/Greece, Malaysia/Greece beat Canada and Canada beat US. My worst nightmare. Rigamorty vs. Vincenteh was failed to be played, perhaps partly because both thought this was match irrelevant but guess what - it's not.

- Excluding Morocco/Algeria the win-loss for every team is following: USA 3-2, Malaysia/Greece 2-3, Canada 3-3. This means USA would win by individual match tiebreaker if Vincenteh and Rigamorty would end up in no-contest and if Vincenteh won it would be a perfect three-way tie. I haven't exactly started to ask anything for activity decision but in all fairness it looks pretty impossible that I would give either side an activity win.

However......

This is not how I want to settle this group. Just no. Therefor I will give extension to at least to the end of finalizing scores for each group stage for this match to be played and possibly slight more. Even though the winner of this group was posted slightly later then everyone else's in playoffs I'm confident every team here is active enough to catch up with everyone else.

So in case Vincenteh wins vs. Rigamorty, a three way tiebreaker will start immediately. 

The rules for tiebreaker is following:

- Every team plays one OU match against every three-way tied team. At the end of the match you do not only report who won but how many Pokemon did the winner have left. In case of three way tie in OU matches, the individual Pokemon alive will count.

Edited by OrangeManiac
2 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

- We have a three way tie with wins. USA beat Malaysia/Greece, Malaysia/Greece beat Canada and Canada beat US. My worst nightmare. Rigamorty vs. Jeiseun was failed to be played, perhaps partly because both thought this was match irrelevant but guess what - it's not.

mistake

I can really see Rigamorty and Vincenteh are doing their best for this match to get played. The main problem is the 12 hours time difference. Also in case we end up in the three-way tie situation I'm confident it doesn't take long that all the teams play 2 OU matches. Therefor I'm willing to grant extension to this particular match because calling an activity loss or no contest are both really unfair outcomes one way or another.

Lol and then ou is our deciding factor in a tie breaker situation. Tfw we put in the most effort, played the most matches, and currently have the best record and a win over the only team with an equivalent record.

How are we not moving on? Has vincenteh even been online for this?

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

Lol and then ou is our deciding factor in a tie breaker situation. Tfw we put in the most effort, played the most matches, and currently have the best record and a win over the only team with an equivalent record.

Vince is on more often than most people, probably even you, so yeah

3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Unless I've yet to be convinced otherwise, Rigamorty's activity hasn't been admirable either. If Rigamorty was notably more active party of trying to get the match done I would not hesitate to just give this group to USA 1. In this case the fact that Rigamorty has not been that active is the reason why your asses are saved. I don't consider that fair. Therefor I want to see this match to get done by playing instead of some bullshit activity call. By what Riga briefly wrote me in forums he was under the impression this particular match did not count and when he heard that it does he was more than willing to play that.

30 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Unless I've yet to be convinced otherwise, Rigamorty's activity hasn't been admirable either. If Rigamorty was notably more active party of trying to get the match done I would not hesitate to just give this group to USA 1. In this case the fact that Rigamorty has not been that active is the reason why your asses are saved. I don't consider that fair. Therefor I want to see this match to get done by playing instead of some bullshit activity call. By what Riga briefly wrote me in forums he was under the impression this particular match did not count and when he heard that it does he was more than willing to play that.

Saved our asses? Riga's activity? I have not seen this vincenteh guy post even once and yet you're coming at the most active team in this group like that? 

Riga was on the forums all day yesterday waiting for Vincent and he got nothing from what I understand, and yet his teammate or whatever is claiming he's online 24/7. We have been legit fucked in this event because other players and an entire team just gave up. And now it's on us to put in all of the effort to get this last match done. We sat around for weeks watching absolutely nothing happen. 

I'm just glad the prize for this unofficial is dank, otherwise I'd be pinklabel'ing it.

15 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Saved our asses? Riga's activity? I have not seen this vincenteh guy post even once and yet you're coming at the most active team in this group like that? 

Riga was on the forums all day yesterday waiting for Vincent and he got nothing from what I understand, and yet his teammate or whatever is claiming he's online 24/7. We have been legit fucked in this event because other players and an entire team just gave up. And now it's on us to put in all of the effort to get this last match done. We sat around for weeks watching absolutely nothing happen. 

I'm just glad the prize for this unofficial is dank, otherwise I'd be pinklabel'ing it.

what's the prize 

24 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

And now it's on us to put in all of the effort to get this last match done.

Not really. If I don't see like REALLY evident effort from Vincenteh to play this match, meaning trying to play in a time that fits for Rigamorty then I'm just gonna call this one off and rule the match as no-contest.

Just now, OrangeManiac said:

Not really. If I don't see like REALLY evident effort from Vincenteh to play this match, meaning trying to play in a time that fits for Rigamorty then I'm just gonna call this one off and rule the match as no-contest.

So then, even if we go all try-hard and reach out to this pleb in ever format possible we still get no-contested. k.

1 minute ago, DoctorPBC said:

JJ qqing about activity

who are you and where is PSLHostJJ?

Deadline passed fam, it's time for Orange to sack up and start making calls rather than still trying to get inactive players to play. This is why I don't allow extensions in the PSL. It's a mess and while other teams are already having the opportunity to contact their playoff opponents we have to sit tidy while we continue to try and contact the same dead players. 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

So then, even if we go all try-hard and reach out to this pleb in ever format possible we still get no-contested. k.

Not saying that the last two days are the only one to count at all but Vincenteh said he can be online for 12 hours on Saturday/Sunday (can't remember which one). So as far as I know so far, there hasn't been anything negative to say about Vincenteh's activity.

To be completely fair, if Riga just went completely away for the remaining extension time I would not have enough to give Vincenteh an activity win and USA would move on to the playoffs. Every other call from me would be wrong, since at this point there's no proof that Vincenteh was notably more active than Riga during the total 3 weeks. However, I figured that some people may just want this event to be won or lost by battling and therefor I wanted to give an opportunity to allow this match to be battled by giving an extension and kind of encouraging to play the match. Rigamorty has said he's absolutely willing to play this match, however he's going to be busy for next two days which means the match is going to be questionable. If the match fails to be played then can't do shit, shoutout for Rigamorty for even trying to move on from the group by battling.

After all, this is still just a Pokemon game. We win if we make the right decisions in a battle, we lose if we don't. I get that people get all competitive about this and people want to win but not in the way of "winning by not having a match". I know we have different kind of way of running things, you were really strict with PSL deadlines while as I always gave extensions if they were reasonable or were about an important match.

jj vince asked rigo to duel even bf the tie bc he just wanted to duel in the world cup, he is online every day and even today he spoke with your teammate who couldnt duel. to dont spaming the forum doesnt means that he is inactive. our team speak with the other players through forum messeges or mails in the game so inactivity is the last thing you can accuse us.

PS i agree that if we can duel the matches is better than activities wins (even if its better for our team)

@OrangeManiac

Let me paint the picture from my point of view: prior to the activity decision being called where essentially any match that got played with Algeria/Morocco wad deemed null and void, the records were as follows:

1. Team USA (1-1, 4-2)
  2. Team Canada (1-1, 3-3)
  3. Team Malaysia/Greece (1-1, 3-3)

Those included the single matches that both rynners and myself played against Algeria/Morrocco and won. 

Now, those matches are being thrown out for no apparent reason other than a team that quit and the records are as follows:

1. Team USA (1-1, 3-2)
  2. Team Canada (1-1, 3-3)
  3. Team Malaysia/Greece (1-1, 2-3)

I don't understand why rynners and my match against Morocco/Algeria are being excluded. We scheduled the match like big boys and we got it done. Could it be that after those matches were played Algeria/Morocco just gave up because they realized they were outclassed? Why should we be punished because of another team dropping out? And to add, the Vincenteh vs Riga match means absolutely nothing for Malaysia, since that means they will simply be 3-3 along with the rest of us, should they win, and thus a tie breaker would still happen. The only reason this Vincenteh match is happening is for us to move on should we win, but there is 0 incentive for Vincenteh to even schedule since losing means an auto-elimination. And finally, Riga and Vincent are like on opposite sides of the Earth and scheduling mid-week is hell for anyone who works or is occupied during the majority of the day and can't play. 

It's a mess and these matches should have happened over the course of the month that this thread was open. Sorry to be a pain, but I just hate to see other teams in the playoffs and we're stuck in this log jam for reasons we couldn't control. 

EDIT: And in the event that it is deemed a "no contest", shouldn't Canada just move on because they hold the tie breaker over us by beating us head-to-head? It's honestly a truly shitty situation right now haha. 

Edited by DoubleJ