Fixing the "Leaking Pipes"

Bestfriends

Question

ff2da67d487b0ae466e84ac69cb82bb4.png

Good evening fellow players of PokeMMO. While I was absent from PokeMMO, I was thinking like a plumber in that I want suggest some fixes to some pipes that are "leaking", so that the GBA games can have a "cleaner" look.

From what I can comprehend, the devs are only going to work on legendaries for the GBA games and nothing else. With that, I am going to show the two leaking pipes and my suggestions as to how to fix them. Without further ado, lets take a look at the situations:

Leaking Pipe 1:

Spoiler

The Trick House

463c241e637f6b3a2ab617ad00e425cd.png

Problem Description:

It feels a little funny when you go into a house and no one talks with you. When I was at a dinner table last night with my uncle, he asked me how I was. It was a pleasant conversation, but when I go to this house, I felt a cold feeling. The guy didn't talk with me and I was a little creeped out. My solution is a simple one and it does not involve the implementation of the Trick House event!

Problem Solution:

My suggestion to the devs for this problem is to put a script on him. Perhaps, something along these lines...

"Hi, my name is Robert M. Trick and I use to trick people like you. I am now retired from tricking people and I am glad you paid me a visit! I wish you well on your journey!"

Leaking Pipe 2:

Spoiler

Battle Dome, Battle Pike, and Battle Pyramid

276b6374043813b1b2f7f14fdd190cad.png

6a692715cb0eb17ed9b3ab241d06d2f0.png266ab564e435bf57ce425530b32a851f.png

Problem Description:

When I read these chat lines, it gives the feeling of being incomplete. I have a couple of solutions to suggest for this issue...

Problem Solution:

There are quite a few ways to address this issue, let me list the three suggestions for this...

Solution Suggestion 1Put a doll in between the entrance. An example can be shown in this spoiler:

Spoiler

b33061de5bb82757c26a607a6338d87e.png

Here are some doll suggestions for these places:

Dome: Wailmer, Gulpin, or Seedot doll (I was going for a dome shaped Pokemon)

Doll Wailmer III.pngDoll Gulpin III.pngDoll Seedot III.png

Pike: Meowth or Skitty Doll (wealthy people tend to have cats, so I figured this was fitting)

Doll Meowth III.pngDoll Skitty III.png

Pyramid: Baltoy or Regirock Doll (due to their "rocky" look)

Doll Baltoy III.pngDoll Regirock III.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution Suggestion 2Give an excuse for why they are closed and reward the player 50 BP for being mildly inconvenienced. When I do these scripts, I am going to list the Battle Points being obtained in all caps, please don't think I am upset.

Dome"I am sorry, the Battle Dome is closed due to an electrical malfunction in our computers. Take this as our gift. OBTAINED 50 BATTLE POINTS"

Pike: "This mansion was abandoned for quite some time and we are planning on demolition. I am sorry to tell you this, take this for your journey. OBTAINED 50 BATTLE POINTS"

Pyramid"Unfortunately, the Battle Pyramid is closed due to faulty construction of this site. Please forgive us, and we will give you this prize for free! OBTAINED 50 BATTLE POINTS"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution Suggestion 3Repurpose the NPCs for a completely different function like Hoenn Shard Tutors so players don't have to travel all the way back to Kanto.

I hope this suggestion helps make the GBA version of PokeMMO look a little cleaner because I don't want to be a newer player that finds out that the devs for PokeMMO don't plan giving these places a purpose in the future. If I were a newer player, I would thank the devs for being a little creative with things that plan on not being touched.

- Thanks for your time, Bestfriends

3 answers to this question

Why would they fix the leaking pipes when they are working on Unova region.

I'm sure people would rather have that done later or "never" even.

If all those functions weren't implemented in last two years, I'm sure they weren't planning on fixing it.

Cause Hoenn came around 2015, they had 2 years to fix the "leaking pipes"

Or maybe they weren't thinking about it.

3 hours ago, Minsu said:

Why would they fix the leaking pipes when they are working on Unova region.

I'm sure people would rather have that done later or "never" even.

If all those functions weren't implemented in last two years, I'm sure they weren't planning on fixing it.

Cause Hoenn came around 2015, they had 2 years to fix the "leaking pipes"

Or maybe they weren't thinking about it.

What I am saying is to plug up the fixture. I do not want newer players to be scratching their heads wondering why there are so many empty spots in the game. I am trying to provide simple fixes to things in Hoenn. If I was a newer player, I would appreciate the amount of creativity done with these two places. I am sure the devs can provide alternatives to these places without implementing any functionality.