Shiny breeding bug

purity2910

In the Changelog: 28/04/2016

Kyu said : If both parents are Shiny, the child will now always be Shiny. When breeding Shinies, the child's IV inheritance behaves differently:

• 4 random IVs are passed directly from the parents to the child. Of these 4, 2 will always be the highest possible value and 2 may be chosen by Braces.
  • 2 are averaged. 

And today when i breed a shiny female venomoth with 31iv in hp with a shiny male nicada with 31iv in def and speed which mean it'll be a shiny venonat with 31iv in hp def and speed

venomoth holding a hp brace and nicada holing a speed brace but when the egg hatch i only got 2x31 in which iv that has brace on . and here it isL57tqvY.png

i don't understand :<

• 4 random IVs are passed directly from the parents to the child. Of these 4, 2 will always be the highest possible value and 2 may be chosen by Braces.
  • 2 are averaged. 

this line is misinterpreted a lot. this doesn't mean it will chose your non braced 31's. it will pick a stat at random, lets say special defense, and there have the highest possible value, since your 31 was on def and not special def you got screwed

10 hours ago, Zoul said:

I remembered if I breed 2 shinies not my ot then the child will also not have my ot -_-

Has that been changed or still that dumb way?

Even shiny male ot + shiny female not ot = unknown ot

Non-OT shiny + Non-OT shiny never gonna = your OT shiny

Maybe in your dreams lel. If they did that all real OTs would be pointless.

8 hours ago, awkways said:

Even shiny male ot + shiny female not ot = unknown ot

Non-OT shiny + Non-OT shiny never gonna = your OT shiny

Maybe in your dreams lel. If they did that all real OTs would be pointless.

well then... sad to hear its still this way, maybe I'll check back another year and see whats new, have a good day sir!

• Zehkar locked this topic