Dusclops

Looking for help with a moveset for my Dusclops

He's relaxed, 31/27/31/28/31/7 I've trained it in 252 HP and defense

I was thinking WoW and confuse ray. But what else? Seismic toss or counter? And is night shade good? Pain split instead of confuse ray? He's my defense wall 

I didn't play Dusclop but I think  Rest / Pain Split / W-o-W / Seismic Toss. 

Counter can't inflict much damage cause of High Def. Rest make it gets more turn(s). W-o-W is must have move 0.0 Seismic Toss is on cause low atk (Dusknoir isn't implement yet ;-; )

Either Pain split or rest just as a form of recovery for sure. Night Shade isn't too useful over Seismic Toss, Haunter is the only Ghost you'll come against and you won't be taking those Shadow Balls well. You could also opt for Focus Punch or curse if you don't want Chansey getting free healing on you

E. If you go Curse I'd recommend PainSplit as you'r recovery as it works well in tandem

WoW and Pain Split are absolute musts for Dusclops. They're pretty much the ultimate moves for Dusclops considering its low HP stat making Pain Split drainage huge. Counter again is not good for low base HP Pokemon but it can catch someone off guard I suppose but very rarely considering no physical attackers are gonna stay on you anyways. I personally like Shadow Punch + Seismic Toss combo. Shadow Punch does very solid damage on likes of Alakazam, Haunter and Espeon while Seismic Toss provides the solid 50 HP damage. Haze is an alternative for sweep stoppers.

bunch of noobs.

willow, siesmic, rest are mandatory moves

confuse ray is complete trash never use that move ever under any circumstance. trash = trash.

last spot : mean look, trick, painsplit, counter, shadow ball, focus punch... etc...

as for ur evs depends on ur team, relaxed would typically be used on a team to help plug up the defense core a bit... so 252 def would be standard.

1 hour ago, Murcielago said:

bunch of noobs.

willow, siesmic, rest are mandatory moves

confuse ray is complete trash never use that move ever under any circumstance. trash = trash.

last spot : mean look, trick, painsplit, counter, shadow ball, focus punch... etc...

as for ur evs depends on ur team, relaxed would typically be used on a team to help plug up the defense core a bit... so 252 def would be standard.

Yeah listen to that man, he was #17 in leaderboard after all

WoW- Rest/PS-  Sball- Seismic/Fpunch is a cool set imo

Focus Punch / Shadow Ball / WoW / Rest imo

Focus Punch is pretty cool since it catches one of the most common Clops' switch ins off guard (Houndoom), it also lets you keep pressure on Chansey to make sure it doesn't just come on your face and passes free wishes or heals team status with Heal Bell, even if the Chansey user chooses to be an annoying try hard and just keep healing vs Focus Punch, Pressure Clops will just make it waste those PPs up pretty fast.

0 Atk Dusclops Focus Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Houndoom: 146-172 (97.3 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Dusclops Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 164-194 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Shadow Ball works nicely vs Starmie in case you use Clops as a spin blocker, although +SP Defense nature would be more approriate for it.

WoW is to cripple physical attackers and Rest > Pain Split since it also heals status.

There's a bunch of different Clops sets you can run, but it really depends on what nature it has and on what your team is lacking, most popular sets usually consist of Seismic/WoW/Rest, last move being an option from Toxic/Sball/Sleep Talk/Haze

Dusclops @ Leftovers ( After Gen 5 release change it with Eviolite )
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room ( This is for Gen 5 , Till then use any other suggested move from comments )
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

While Dusclops is a great spinblocker, it also has access to Trick Room, making it a good Trick Room supporter. Its great defenses ensure that Dusclops can set up Trick Room multiple times, unlike its otherworldly kin, Banette. Seismic Toss is Dusclops's reliable damage move, because its actual offenses will fail it more often than not. Will-O-Wisp ensures that any opposing physical sweeper hoping to take advantage of Trick Room is crippled. Pain Split allows Dusclops to steal HP from its opponent, weakening many Pokemon to the point where Trick Room sweepers on your team can come in and easily mow down the opposition. Rest can be used over Pain Split to cure status; however, Dusclops will not be staying in for long, and the two turns spent sleeping could be better used to set up Trick Room.

Like the Bulky Spinblocker, the EVs and nature ensure that Dusclops is as physically buky as possible. A Relaxed nature makes Dusclops extremely slow, allowing it to almost always move first under Trick Room conditions.

Edited by Hotpistolz
2 hours ago, Hotpistolz said:

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room ( This is for Gen 5 , Till then use any other suggested move from comments )
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

While Dusclops is a great spinblocker, it also has access to Trick Room, making it a good Trick Room supporter. Its great defenses ensure that Dusclops can set up Trick Room multiple times, unlike its otherworldly kin, Banette. Seismic Toss is Dusclops's reliable damage move, because its actual offenses will fail it more often than not. Will-O-Wisp ensures that any opposing physical sweeper hoping to take advantage of Trick Room is crippled. Pain Split allows Dusclops to steal HP from its opponent, weakening many Pokemon to the point where Trick Room sweepers on your team can come in and easily mow down the opposition. Rest can be used over Pain Split to cure status; however, Dusclops will not be staying in for long, and the two turns spent sleeping could be better used to set up Trick Room.

Like the Bulky Spinblocker, the EVs and nature ensure that Dusclops is as physically buky as possible. A Relaxed nature makes Dusclops extremely slow, allowing it to almost always move first under Trick Room conditions.

If we're doing gen5 theorymon, Eviolite is a trillion times better than Leftovers.

• Mike locked this topic