[PSL7] Summary

Small suggestion, give the rights to managers to be able to put themselves in their roster, if they feel like to. I mean, after buying all the necessary players and making line ups, managers just get to chill and wait for their players to do the work, it would be cool in my opinion for managers to potentially play on their teams as well.
-Pros: New style, a manager could reach another level and be more active, they can also be the #1 Sub option.
-Cons: 1 lesser spot in the line up, which means a player will need to be benched if the manager decides to play, but I doubt managers would like to play every week though.

15 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:
  • Auction > Draft

YES!! I hope we never have a draft again because it sucked.

• The JJ Credits System works and managers seem to enjoy it

I agree.

• BO3 Doubles is lit

I was in favor of this, but it was kinda meh tbh. Three duels last a long time and teambuilding 3 teams per week is a lot of work. The break between duels should also be more clear imo.

• PSL needs LC

Ya, it could be cool, but perhaps BO3 like Doubles.

• OU, OU, UU, NU, LC, Doubles, Showdown, Showdown (8 tiers for PSL8 HYPE)

Ya that sounds nice.

• Continue to not give extensions unless it's the finals, players have 7 days to schedule a match and that's plenty of time.

Fair enough I guess.

• Substitutions need a rework and managers need to stop being uguues about their players, if they can't play, they can't play. 

Yes, we need some very strict substitution rules.

• Get rid of my silly rankings system that forces players with better records to play OU1 vs OU2, etc. 

Well if we go back to 8 tiers. There would be only OU1 and OU2, so I don't know if it really matters.

• Figure out how you want to do trades, my system was fairly complicated and outright annoying for me as the host.

Your system is not complicated. I suggested how to simplify it at the beginning of the season, but you didn't listen...

My suggestions:

• Trade submissions need to be reworked. When a manager submits a trade, he is locked on that trade until all other managers involved accept or refuse that trade officially. We need to know for how long the manager that submits is locked by default. I personally always tried to avoid being the one that submits a trade just because I fear being locked for an unknown amount of time.
  • The midseason credits and the preseason credits do not have the same value whatsoever and should not be considered equal either when it comes to trades.
  • The tiers selection should be done following the sign up phase and not before. Ideally, players should be able to sign up in whatever tier they want to compete imo.
  • I think the round robin scoring should be changed somehow or at least this qualifying stage in the competition should not allow teams that are already qualified or disqualified to compete against teams that are still fighting for something. 
  • hmmm, maybe more later...

A few pointers:

- 8 tiers sound nice, but do note there will be a lot of players not be able to play then. I mean if you have 8 PSL teams that means that there are only 8 UU and 8 NU players for the entire PSL (okay there are subs and rotations, but still). I kinda liked the fact of almost everybody being able to play (except if ur bad like that Lamborghini model)

- Regardless of when the update hits it would be nice to have Gen 5 Showdown OU included (or maybe a custom pseudo gen 5 Pokemmo OU without legendaries, but then you can't guarantee it being balanced)

- LC sucks

- The playoff system was really good. Keep it

- Obligatory "gb for host" mention kappa

3 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

Small suggestion, give the rights to managers to be able to put themselves in their roster, if they feel like to. I mean, after buying all the necessary players and making line ups, managers just get to chill and wait for their players to do the work, it would be cool in my opinion for managers to potentially play on their teams as well.
-Pros: New style, a manager could reach another level and be more active, they can also be the #1 Sub option.
-Cons: 1 lesser spot in the line up, which means a player will need to be benched if the manager decides to play, but I doubt managers would like to play every week though.

That's not a good idea IMO. First of all you create in inherent advantage for teams with managers who are good at comp. Isn't the purpose of the auction to create an environment of equal value distribution? Then why start off the PSL on an unequal footing....

Also it gives no drawback of signing up as a manager, you will get a ton of manager signups who will just half ass their job because they only signed up cos they guarantee their spot to play and it will be pretty hard for the host to discern which manager signup is the most legit.

4 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

• @Munya you somehow became my obligatory staff workhorse these past two seasons and I've just gotta say it's been amazing to work with you. You were always there for me and even helped settle down some silliness behind the scenes. You took a lot of flack, but hey this is the PSL afterall. Good shit Mun Mun, it's been a pleasure. 

It was fun, last season anyways, though a bit tiring by the end. At the end of 6 when it ended and I started celebrating that it was over and you were like, nope, not for us crushing my dreams for a break, who could have thought this season would have turned out the way it did.

Its definitely time for a break.

My thoughts on how season 8 should look like:

- Life 4 Manager.

- Add LC Bo3.

- Remove Bo3 for Doubles, boring af to watch 3 long matches (Doubles =\= VGC).

- Keep OU3, I want to make Hotarubae start from the bottom so she can become OU1 in Finals and beat Frags, receiving Breakout Player Award in the process.

- Like my shop.

- The Draft idea wasn't that bad at all, I say keep it but instead of randomly awarding the draft picks, give those as prizes for the Manager Tournament (Making it an incentive for managers to actually show up and play it).

- Cut down Showdown tiers to only 1 (DPP OU), I feel like that's the only tier where MMO players actually invest their time learning and playing, even when PSL is on a break.

- Keep 10 tiers, let the shit managers draft shit players and the good managers will teach how to make a squad.

Tiers imo should be 3 OU, 2 UU, 2 NU, Doubles, LC, DPP OU.

- BaenineXL 4 host, Orange would work too but I think he'll be busy, Gunt comeback???

- Bring back Salty Suite.

Thank you for reading or if you just scrolled without caring, smd smh.

Edited by LifeStyle