Make your pokes happy- small happiness guide [WIP]

I believe berries also raise when they're neutral to the flavour, for example, Mago berries raise happiness on all natures except the ones that hate it(quiet, sassy, relaxed, brave).

This is important because it means magos can increase happiness for any pokemon that used return except brave but I cant think of any brave natures pokemon that use return(possibly mixed tauros/swellow).

In other words, stock up on them Magos.

Edited by KaynineXL
On 08/04/2017 at 3:56 AM, RysPicz said:

It's gonna be quick and short.

This guide is here to help you raise the happiness of your pokemons faster and more efficiently. This helps especially when you are breeding a baby pokemon which requires happiness to evolve (Igglybuff, Pichu, Azurill etc). I will list the things I know about, that will help you raise your pokemon's happiness faster.

I look forward to featuring this guide on my Tutorial channel. I feel that this guide could brighten up some moods. Message me in game when your done with the guide!

On 4/9/2017 at 1:55 AM, KaynineXL said:

I believe berries also raise when they're neutral to the flavour, for example, Mago berries raise happiness on all natures except the ones that hate it(quiet, sassy, relaxed, brave).

This is important because it means magos can increase happiness for any pokemon that used return except brave but I cant think of any brave natures pokemon that use return(possibly mixed tauros/swellow).

In other words, stock up on them Magos.

Until Trick Room teams become a thing.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/24/2019 at 5:16 AM, MightyBoxer said:

5 natures are missing,Berries not work on those 5 natures or?

I guess since its the 5 neutral natures missing - its likely that berries dont work on these.
Or maybe OP just left them out because they are irrelevant for most people.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/8/2017 at 10:56 AM, RysPicz said:

It's gonna be quick and short.

This guide is here to help you raise the happiness of your pokemons faster and more efficiently. This helps especially when you are breeding a baby pokemon which requires happiness to evolve (Igglybuff, Pichu, Azurill etc). I will list the things I know about, that will help you raise your pokemon's happiness faster.

1. Daisy

62f6554a829cb709c3719f0b6b230e60.png

Bae can raise happiness of one of your pokemons once a day (irl day) for 29%, for free. That's about it pretty much, kek.

2. Soothe Bell

ae5804eb9884d17f262d5040f87629b6.png

Soothe Bell originally boosts the gained happiness by 50%. Seems like here in MMO it boosts the happiness pokemon gains only through leveling up (usually 1,5% per level) and through walking. Kinda went out of usage after I discovered berries :)

3. Vitamins and Rare candies

These raise happiness by 2% each. This includes PP max/ Up.

(no pic, I don't wanna show off how many of them I got...)

4. Luxury Ball

1cfa41b81f657aeec01dd0671669a179.png

If a pokemon is caught (or put, when breeding) into a Luxury Ball, it will gain happiness faster than the other pokemons. This includes happiness gained from leveling and walking, not from feeding pokemons with drugs ( @DarylDixon ) or berries. The growth rate is faster by about 10%.

5. Healing items

Not all of them though. Bitter items like Revival Herb or Energypowder or Energy Root will decrease happiness instead. I'm unsure which one raises how much and usually they aren't really worth the effort when we got...

6. BERRIES

Aye! PokeMMO has exclusively few berries for raising happiness.

I'll make a little list of berries for you guys. There's 11 of them in total for raising happiness. Each of them can also sharply lower the happiness if used on specific pokemon (for people who would like to use frustration). Favourite berry raises happiness by ~9,8%, hated lowers it by the same value.

Nature              Favourite berries                     Hated berries

Lonely              Tamato, Pomeg, Figy              Iapapa, Grepa
Adamant           Tamato, Pomeg, Figy             Wiki, Kelpsy
Naughty            Tamato, Pomeg, Figy             Aguav, Hondew
Brave                Tamato, Pomeg, Figy             Mago, Qualot

Bold                  Grepa, Iapapa                       Tamato, Pomeg, Figy
Impish               Grepa, Iapapa                       Wiki, Kelpsy
Lax                   Grepa, Iapapa                       Aguav, Hondew
Relaxed            Grepa, Iapapa                      Mago, Qualot

Modest             Wiki, Kelpsy                         Tamato, Pomeg, Figy
Mild                  Wiki, Kelpsy                         Grepa, Iapapa
Rash                Wiki, Kelpsy                         Aguav, Hondew
Quiet                Wiki, Kelpsy                        Mago, Qualot

Calm                Aguav, Hondew                  Tamato, Pomeg, Figy
Gentle              Aguav, Hondew                  Grepa, Iapapa
Careful             Aguav, Hondew                  Wiki, Kelpsy
Sassy               Aguav, Hondew                  Mago, Qualot

Timid               Mago, Qualot                     Tamato, Pomeg, Figy
Hasty               Mago, Qualot                    Grepa, Iapapa
Jolly               Mago, Qualot                      Wiki, Kelpsy
Naive               Mago, Qualot                    Aguav, Hondew

(fuck formatting I'm too lazy to do that shit)

That's about it I guess, this is work in progress though so when I'll get less lazy I might update and expand it and add some additional details.

where is Quirky nature

• 9 months later...
On 4/8/2017 at 6:59 AM, Rache said:

Leveling the Pokemon up against high level hordes while holding a Soothe Bell is also a quick, easy, and free way to gain a lot of happiness if you're starting from lv1. It slows down the higher the Pokemon's level goes though, so a good idea to switch to another method after a few hordes.

How could a Soothe Bell do that when they only way to level them against hordes (or in any way quickly) is by having them hold Exp Share, esp from Lv 1 ?

Also I don't know if this was true back when this thread was made, but at least now you can change the Pokemon's ball any time, so putting them in a Luxury ball and then levelling is highly effective.

13 hours ago, ReekRend said:

How could a Soothe Bell do that when they only way to level them against hordes (or in any way quickly) is by having them hold Exp Share, esp from Lv 1 ?

Start the battle with your lv1 mon then switch out immediately. You'll have to sit through some attack animations, but the bonus from the Soothe Bell can potentially save you some time due to how many levels it'll apply to. After the first battle though, it's probably faster to give it an Exp. Share as you won't be gaining 10+ levels at once anymore.

The post you're responding to is 5 years old, so I don't know if this is still as impactful as it was back then. I think we buffed the happiness gain from leveling at some point, but I might just be misremembering.

Edited by Rache