Will RU tier be coming with new gen?

Do you think a RU tier should be a thing after the update? Do you think it should be added later? Do you think it shouldn't because it need more tier councils? (with the possibility to be the same ones of the NU tier).

Discuss.

1 minute ago, Maelstrom said:

Ah, makes sense, I thought it was below NU tier...

Smogon does have 1 "official" tier below NU and 1 unofficial tier below that tier, although the nomenclature for tiers kind of falls apart at that point since neverused is kind of the lowest you can go in term of usage. PU is below NU, but doesn't stand for anything, just a joke by the smogon community. Then FU is below PU, but doesn't stand for anything either, just another joke by smogon. 

I think it should add later 

But it is going to take long to balance things af ter tier reset 

We will see when update hits the server, we will get enough pokemon to speculate about i gues

Edited by Shallos
Jajaj
  • 1 month later...

Rather not see this be a thing anytime soon unless the user base dramatically increase. Community is already divided enough as is and thus already incredibly hard to find any proper UU or NU match. Plus Little Cup and Doubles just became a thing which is already a struggling small community.

5 hours ago, Eldaust said:

Rather not see this be a thing anytime soon unless the user base dramatically increase. Community is already divided enough as is and thus already incredibly hard to find any proper UU or NU match. Plus Little Cup and Doubles just became a thing which is already a struggling small community.

The reason why you can't find UU or NU match in matchmaking is that when people want to farm for Battle Points the easiest and most surefire way to get a match is to queue to OU. Unfortunately this leads to people avoiding NU and UU even more when they acknowledge people don't queue to NU and UU matches and the vicious cycle keeps on going. I don't think community is really divided that much what comes to different, majority of the more experienced players play multiple tiers in this game. The ones that don't are often like "OU is such an annoying stallmeta, so I prefer playing NU" but barely anyone rejects the idea of playing a certain tier on its own, if you don't look at the Pokemon in the tier.

I think RU most definitely should become a thing when gen5 comes out. The amount of Pokemon almost doubles with Unova so adding just one additional tier doesn't really do anything but good in the competitive community and also avoids about 80% of the Pokemon being in the NU tier and 70% of the Pokemon useless even in NU. And giving viability to those less powerful creatures was the very goal of multiple tier gameplay anyways. Also, Eviolite becomes a thing in Generation 5 and with that the competitive viability of the not fully evolved Pokemon become real and that increases the number of viable competitive Pokemon even more. 

P.S. Doubles is not a new thing, it was a thing in PokeMMO before tiers were even introduced.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.