For the 562th time, cancel button.

pachima

Question

I know this is the 562th time someone asks for a cancel button, but come on. Can´t be that hard to do, and it is really useful. (There were some plays in this tournament I really regreted not having one- Even the last turn of finals, I said to my team before opponent moved: Well, gg, just made the worst play possible) And couldn´t go back cuz there is no little friendly button.

Edit: If not, why is that it can´t be done. I can see no harm.

Edited by pachima

4 hours ago, Elliasal said:

That's why in the official Pokémon company VGC they have a time limit, and if the player is using the timer as a last means of getting a win, would ultimately result in that person losing that match due to unsportly conduct. So in order to have the cancel button itself we need that time limit, which I feel would be a positive step for PokeMMO competitive community.

I'm sorry but having a time limit would honestly be bad for officials. Since as you said it's for vgc. Which is doubles and really doesn't take as long as a singles match can take. Especially in this game's meta. Besides matchmaking has a 1 hour time limit and I've just seen stall teams get timed out because of it. And stall is a legit way of playing pokemon. Even if it's not always fun to plays vs. The timer is already good enough and adding a cancel button would really not affect the effectiveness of the timer at all.

A cancel button is just really useful. A lot of the times I second guess myself, think of something I didn't think of first when choosing a move. Or just outright missclicked. Having the option to change moves would be awesome. So I am all for it.

1 hour ago, Mnemosyne said:

@Desu @Kyu @othershitmods

Make this happen pls

Jezus man we waiting so long.

We're currently working on the implementation of a new region; thus do not have much time to be working on much else.

In addition to this, we haven't had an update - so even if we did add a cancel button (not as of yet), it wouldn't have come to light recently anyway.

And if I recall from a conversation with Desu some time ago, it's not as simple as merely adding a button to cancel the move (at least as far as 'da codez' goes).

This is why it hasn't casually ended up in any past patch.

4 hours ago, Darkshade said:

We're currently working on the implementation of a new region; thus do not have much time to be working on much else.

In addition to this, we haven't had an update - so even if we did add a cancel button (not as of yet), it wouldn't have come to light recently anyway.

And if I recall from a conversation with Desu some time ago, it's not as simple as merely adding a button to cancel the move (at least as far as 'da codez' goes).

This is why it hasn't casually ended up in any past patch.

Screw all this, give me the Gen 1-3 Legends. 

@Darkshade Asking you because you seem to have the most insight into dev shenanigans, and it isn't easy to get a straight response from them.

Why do you believe the dev team has been more focused on adding new content (Hoenn, Unova) to the detriment of progress on already existing content?

• X years old legendary projects
  • Still no cancel button
  • Stat changes still aren't visible in battle
  • Giving up on secret bases
  • No significant attention given to teams since Jan 2013 (TTs)

Automated tournaments, matchmaking, GTL, all of those and more were steps in the right direction. When I read that they are prioritizing the developement of a new region when the content that we have is far from complete, I can't help but think that the goal is to milk the influx of new players that a new region would bring.

Have you been informed of the thought process that led to the decision to prioritize a new region over a good polish to the already available content?

36 minutes ago, Draekyn said:

@Darkshade Asking you because you seem to have the most insight into dev shenanigans, and it isn't easy to get a straight response from them.

Why do you believe the dev team has been more focused on adding new content (Hoenn, Unova) to the detriment of progress on already existing content?

• X years old legendary projects
  • Still no cancel button
  • Stat changes still aren't visible in battle
  • Giving up on secret bases
  • No significant attention given to teams since Jan 2013 (TTs)

Automated tournaments, matchmaking, GTL, all of those and more were steps in the right direction. When I read that they are prioritizing the developement of a new region when the content that we have is far from complete, I can't help but think that the goal is to milk the influx of new players that a new region would bring.

Have you been informed of the thought process that led to the decision to prioritize a new region over a good polish to the already available content?

This. i'm growing so bored with the content that is already in the game that desperately needs an upgrade, and every time innovation to these features seems to be in progress, it's always delayed once again for something else. I'm getting really tired of it. Sure, I would really enjoy a new region, but the basic functions of this game that veteran players enjoy NEEDS an update