[Future] A.N.M.A. (Anticipated New Meta Arena - gen 5 showdown battles)

Image result for pokemon bw

The hype has finally arrived, and our future destination has been confirmed - Gen 5 is on the horizon, and no one wants to charge blindly into our new metagame without some knowledge of what to expect, right?

I decided to throw together a crude showdown metagame for us to build teams, discuss metagame options, and battle it out. Here's how it'll work

• Hop on showdown and build your team under the "Gen 5 OU" tag (should be BW2). This will constrain you to the pokemon, moves, and abilities in gen 5
  • However, be careful not to select any legendaries or hidden abilities. While we may be getting some gen 1-3 legends, and hidden abilities are certainly going to be implemented in some way sooner or later, for now I think it's best that we assume we won't have these upon initial release of the new generation.
  • After you build a team or two, post on this thread that you're on showdown and available whenever you want to play. This will function much like nikhil's dpp duel request thread
  • Here's another important part - when you go to duel someone, select the gen 7 duel format, but use your gen 5 built team. This will account for stat changes, move mechanics changes (crossing fingers that we get para nerf, as well as burn nerf now that scald is a thing).
  • Enjoy, and post your replay here

This thread can also serve as a miniature metagame discussion thread, even though I know suigin already opened one up and we can always use that one, too.

may add more later, remember to post replays!

Edited by Gunthug
9 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

I am online showdown now ign Kimikozen, also in ruins of alph

Ill get on in a bit. Got some teams I wanted to try out.

Just now, Gunthug said:

Should be home in about 2 hours, eager to get some duels in. By the way, since hidden abilities are still up in the air I'm completely fine with anyone including those in their duels, just make sure both parties agree going in 

Dibs on some battles :]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.