New Gen introductory guide

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:34 PM, Darkshade said:

I'm looking at the possibility of introducing Generation 7 status changes, mostly to negate the centralization of scald.

Ugh they really messed up with scald, to change the very core mechanics of Pokémon that has been the same way for generations really is a sad thing to see, and not only confusing for people who are returning to the game after quite a period of time. But maybe the game needs that sort of evolution, regardless I hope you and the team implement it well.       

On 01/04/2017 at 9:19 PM, suigin said:

479.gif479-c.gif479-h.gif-Rotom-479-w.gif479-s.gif479-f.gif
Remember Weezing? Well he's your new Weezing but now Ghost/Electric. Bulky Levitating special attacking pokemon that carries Will-O-Wisp, uses pain split and has electric coverage. However unlike Weezing he can also rock some mean offensive sets with either Scarf or Specs.

Rotom works in a strange way. It has different forms you can access if you fuse it with a certain appliance you find in in a certain building. Depending on which appliance you fuse it to, said appliance will allow it to use a specific move of the type said appliance represents. and also change its typing to the type of that move Rotom-Wash(Hydro Pump), Rotom-Heat(Overheat), Rotom-Mow(Leaf Storm), Rotom-Fan(Air Slash), Rotom-Frost(Blizzard)

Keep in mind Rotom will be obtained as a trade and therefore will likely be a gift with fixed IVs and Nature

Nah. Beldum is just a gift in pokemon emerald and cant be found on the wild. They probably ll implement rotom on the wild or just like porygon or other way.

And probably they ll follow the types from 5 gen forwards (all eletric + other type) rip spinblock.

1 minute ago, Matoka said:

Isn't Porygon capable of being found in the Power Plant? I vaguely remembered that, my bad.

Does this mean we will find wild Volcarona / Larvesta (probably Larvesta) in Unova, as our breeding system does not allow it to be renewable?

Yes, we will make sure that those species are available to catch.

28 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Yes, we will make sure that those species are available to catch.

Its been forever since I have played Unova, Other than the Zorua and Larvesta lines are there any other pokemon that need this treatment for generation 5? (Excluding starters)

5 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

No, Draco will have 120 BP in the update

But what will this prevent? This is not the dragon overall problem. They have access to insane movepools, insane base stats. It's not the moves that make them uber worthy, it's really the stats and move pools they have access to. Dragons overall =\= Dragon Typing.

Just some notes I think could be included

- Gengar loses levitate and gains cursed body, no longer allowing him to switch into eq's freely

- Vanilluxe is the only Hail weather starter available as far as I'm aware, 

- Emboar can be a real monster with one flame charge boost with base 123 atk and access to flare blitz/ eq/ stone edge/ Superpower/ wild charge and a base 100 sp atk with moves like flamethrower/scald/ focus miss/ grass knot. This pig can be a monster in nu

- Durant has the hustle ability trades accuracy for power, paired with hone claws / stone edge / iron head / x scizzor / superpower this ant can pack a punch

- expert belt as an item, boosts the power of SE moves. really good on pokemon with good coverage ex magmortar

1 minute ago, aftershocker said:

Just some notes I think could be included

- Gengar loses levitate and gains cursed body, no longer allowing him to switch into eq's freely

- Vanilluxe is the only Hail weather starter available as far as I'm aware, 

- Emboar can be a real monster with one flame charge boost with base 123 atk and access to flare blitz/ eq/ stone edge/ Superpower/ wild charge and a base 100 sp atk with moves like flamethrower/scald/ focus miss/ grass knot. This pig can be a monster in nu

- Durant has the hustle ability trades accuracy for power, paired with hone claws / stone edge / iron head / x scizzor / superpower this ant can pack a punch

- expert belt as an item, boosts the power of SE moves. really good on pokemon with good coverage ex magmortar

We're keeping Gengar's Levitate I think but the rest are good points, I'll add them.

Thanks for your Update!

I'm scared of Garchomp being everywhere but otherwhise really excited for the new mons! Especially Spiritomb :)) NastyPlot Cofagrigus and Mismagius sound scary too!

Also, thanks for the great advice to play Rotom-F with an AirBalloon! Amazing tactic.

Edited by Caliginosus