New Gen introductory guide

Awesome guide for someone who knows nothing of gen4-5, It's hard to try to master 2 new gens at once, I would have preferred if they were to implement 1 gen at a time, but yeah this guide will definitely help for a start.

I just hope I don't end up giving up on that game though, knowing that I'll have to grind for a lifetime, and breeding endlessly to get to own all these pokes.

Devs, please go easy on us.

12 hours ago, suigin said:

113.gif-Chansey-
 It also gets to use Eviolite, an item that boosts its defenses by 1.5, meaning it becomes almost as bulky as Swampert

I stopped reading here.

Someone tell me, is the rest of the post as bullshit as this line?

On another note, u tell us most comps arent going to be useless.

I find it fun cause ppl complain about chansey walling half the tier, without the eviolite we might possess in the future.

Unless half of new mons are banned to ubers, or our current OU drops to UU, I foresee a disaster.

4 hours ago, pachima said:

I stopped reading here.

Someone tell me, is the rest of the post as bullshit as this line?

On another note, u tell us most comps arent going to be useless.

I find it fun cause ppl complain about chansey walling half the tier, without the eviolite we might possess in the future.

Unless half of new mons are banned to ubers, or our current OU drops to UU, I foresee a disaster.

Yeah I meant to say almost as physically bulky sorry

252+ Atk Manaphy Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 82-97 (25.1 - 29.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Manaphy Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 49-58 (23.9 - 28.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

1 minute ago, suigin said:

Yeah I meant to say almost as physically bulky sorry

252+ Atk Manaphy Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 82-97 (25.1 - 29.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Manaphy Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 49-58 (23.9 - 28.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

sry if I sounded too rude. Anyway, as I said before this gen´s success will entirely depend on the way they will implement it. From my perspective, implementing gradually some pokemon every month or something would be the way to go. If they suddenly implement all at once, you can be sure we will be spending two years just to tierize every pokemon.

As a comparison, snorlax itself was reason to months of discussion and thrown chairs. Now we will have a gen where even snorlax is irrelevant at higher tiers. I don´t think ppl here can handle the decisions that are yet to come all at once.

Personally I feel like the meta being gradually updated over time is good to avoid stagnation. I assume some of the quickbans are gonna be stuff like Azumarill and Garchomp but everything else taking a while to tier will make the meta more dynamic.

nice guide overall  :) GJ

Just some mentions: Dragon Dance flygon is from gen 7, maybe not implemented.

Draco meteor, leaf storm have 140 power instead of 120 tough were nerfed to 130 in gen 7.

Zoroark could be awesome if they didnt implement team preview at the start.

DAMNN THIS META RESET 'LL BE AWSUM!!1

14 minutes ago, Risadex said:

nice guide overall  :) GJ

Just some mentions: Dragon Dance flygon is from gen 7, maybe not implemented.

Draco meteor, leaf storm have 140 power instead of 120 tough were nerfed to 130 in gen 7.

Zoroark could be awesome if they didnt implement team preview at the start.

DAMNN THIS META RESET 'LL BE AWSUM!!1

Dragon Dance Flygon will likely be implemented since MMO learnpools match gen7's (For example Gyarados learns Crunch here and in gen6 but it can't in any previous gen)

Thanks for correcting me with Leaf Storm though.

12 minutes ago, suigin said:

Dragon Dance Flygon will likely be implemented since MMO learnpools match gen7's (For example Gyarados learns Crunch here and in gen6 but it can't in any previous gen)

Thanks for correcting me with Leaf Storm though.

yeah, my mistake. i tought it was acquired from a special event or some stuff like that. Thats insane.

conckeldurr is one of the most bastards poke especially if is played with the assault vest

honchkrow ye is a nice pokemon and have access to sucker punch and if you kill a pokemon with that priority u can boost the atk with moxie but don't think in OU doing good

Venomoth gonna be the volcarona 2.0 in UU.

Edited by DarylDixon

It's worth noting that learnsets have been updated to include moves learned in generation 7 (if they existed in gen 5), giving Dodrio access to Swords Dance and many other Pokemon some extra moves.

It's also possible that we'll implement generation 7 abilities (if the ability existed in gen 5). Cursed Body on Gengar (replaces Levitate), Drizzle on Pelipper (extra normal ability), and Drought on Torkoal (extra normal ability) are the ones that affect currently obtainable Pokemon. Gen 4-5 Pokemon also have potential extra abilities. None of this is guaranteed however.

Like existing Pokemon, gen 4-5 Pokemon have also received any stat buffs they were given in generation 6 or 7.

31 minutes ago, KoolT93 said:

Replaces?? Dont gonna be an option to keep levitate w abilty pills?

Gengar only has 1 ability in gen 7. Being Cursed Body. Making them have both wouldn't make sense since we still have stuff based on different generations. If 1 ability of a pokemon were to become gen 7 and the other generation 2 or even both on the same pokemon. That would make it really confusing and as I said it just wouldn't make sense at all. Besides, Cursed Body Gengar really isn't that terrible.

Then again this might not happen at all as Rachel said. So let's not throw a fit untill we actually have the update.

26 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Besides, Cursed Body Gengar really isn't that terrible.

Insert "Are you sure about that" meme

Cursed body on Gengar sucks, since it dies easily, and as cursed body does NOT guarantee to disable the enemy contact move, is just basically thrash unless you skill swap it to any bulky pokemon (say blissey for example)

Just now, Zigh said:

Insert "Are you sure about that" meme

Cursed body on Gengar sucks, since it dies easily, and as cursed body does NOT guarantee to disable the enemy contact move, is just basically thrash unless you skill swap it to any bulky pokemon (say blissey for example)

It has stopped me from sweeping many times when I was locked into a choice item in gen 7. It's not as good as levitate I agree. But it is also not useless.

Gengar losing Levitate basically just means it can no longer pivot into Ground moves, but can now clean up Toxic Spikes (Which will become a thing in MMO after gen5 update).

It will be pretty interesting how our meta will consist of having Gen7 movepools without the Gen7 pokes.

I wonder if moves like Knock Off and Leech Life will be upgraded to Gen7 mechanics tho, also the chance of getting hit by confusion / Thunder Wave Accuracy / Paralyze nerf / etc.

3 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Gengar losing Levitate basically just means it can no longer pivot into Ground moves, but can now clean up Toxic Spikes (Which will become a thing in MMO after gen5 update).

It will be pretty interesting how our meta will consist of having Gen7 movepools without the Gen7 pokes.

I wonder if moves like Knock Off and Leech Life will be upgraded to Gen7 mechanics tho, also the chance of getting hit by confusion / Thunder Wave Accuracy / Paralyze nerf / etc.

I'm looking at the possibility of introducing Generation 7 status changes, mostly to negate the centralization of scald.