Discussing the upcoming meta.

12 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Sticky hold is counterproductive vs knock off. Just means that knock off will be boosted damage every time (97.5)

Ouch if thats true, was not aware.  Is it the same with megastones, do they receive boosted damage every time?  If not, thats silly.

20 minutes ago, Munya said:

Ouch if thats true, was not aware.  Is it the same with megastones, do they receive boosted damage every time?  If not, thats silly.

Nah, mega stones and I think like the plates for arceus or random orbs for various legendaries don't boost the damage of knock off. 

24 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Saying that mega stones And z crystals counter knock off is a huge stretch anyway. Gen 6 knock off is just cancer and I don't think it's a good addition to any meta, especially not ours haha 

I feel like knock off is pretty manageable in SM ou now, since most teams will have one mega slot and one z move slot as well, and something like tangrowth which can afford to get knocked off by bisharp or something 

SM OU also has a ton more viable fairies that don't explode vs Bisharp like the Tapus, while ORAS only had Azumarill who still got hurt a lot by losing its item.

But yeah MMO doesn't have Z-Items or mega stones and buffing knock off would just buff the already powerful fighting types even more as they'd get some really sweet coverage with that buffed knock off, while the only dark types that would get buffed are Absol, Weavile, Bisharp and Crawdaunt who all will still mostly get walled by steel types except maybe Crawdaunt.

• Munya pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.