Discussing the upcoming meta.

22 minutes ago, Xatu said:

I hope the bans are taken care of quickly. It will suck to a see a meta with every team having tyranitar, blissful, snorlax and other cancer. It's already so bad with the 50% chansey usage rate.

Tyranitar has always been a good poke but it has also been hurt with every new gen with all the new threats against it. Blissey and Snorlax might not be such a big problem with a lot of fighting types going to be able to get close combat.

1 hour ago, Xatu said:

I hope the bans are taken care of quickly. It will suck to a see a meta with every team having tyranitar, blissful, snorlax and other cancer. It's already so bad with the 50% chansey usage rate.

The good news if you dislike facing those Pokemon is that gen5 was pretty much Fighting type's best generation, and while we'll be missing 4 very key fighting type legendaries introduced that gen Conkeldurr alone will carry that weight really well and he'll likely be very common on many teams. You may see the previous ubermons really often on week 1 of release because people will have yet to breed the newer mons but sooner or later it should balance out.

3 hours ago, epicdavenport said:

Tyranitar has always been a good poke but it has also been hurt with every new gen with all the new threats against it. Blissey and Snorlax might not be such a big problem with a lot of fighting types going to be able to get close combat.

not only close combat, but focus blast, meaning there will actually be a super-effective special attack that isn't hidden power. 

38 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

And if you hate missing 90% of the time, we'll have aura sphere too

and psyshock **FeelsAmazing**

its all about hidden abilities do see if weather teams ll come. They could ban drizle + swift swim if its gets OP

so maby stuff to breed, I suck at gen 5 too so idk... Maybe start with SD Lucario/Infernape :D

Its gonna be sad see all our stuff from UU/NU  became useless (did they plann to implement RU? kek)

1 hour ago, xStarr said:

I'm sure Blaziken will be uber.

Speed boost and Sd? That is way too good.

The devs have not confirmed how they're going to handle hidden abilities, so at this point I don't think we should delve much into potential speed boost blaziken.

Also about Snorlax/Blissey:

In BW OU Snorlax isn't used and Blissey only somewhat, but i'm pretty sure in a PokeMMO pseudo gen 5 without Terrakion, Keldeo, Landorus-T or Jirachi, Blissey and definitely Eviolite Chansey will be a staple pick, but not broken tho ofc

But in the end it will all come down to what will get banned to ubers.

Will Garchomp be banned? Probably. 

Then what about TTar and Dragonite? We'll see.

Those potential bans will all influence how dominant another Pokemon gets.

Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, Otulp said:

Does outrage get a damage boost in this gen?

yes, it did in PTS

1 hour ago, LifeStyle said:

lmao

> Blissey/Snorlax in gen5

Snorlax may be used since there's not that many legendaries to fill OU slots, Blissey can run Shed Shell over Chansey for the inevitable Dugtrio wars.

Edited by suigin
1 hour ago, suigin said:

Snorlax may be used since there's not that many legendaries to fill OU slots, Blissey can run Shed Shell over Chansey for the inevitable Dugtrio wars.

tbh I figured devs will finally give us legendaries with new gen, those fighting type legendaries pretty much turn Snorlax into a liability, not to mention just about anything that carries Close Combat / Superpower

Something I wonder about new meta is if Baton Pass will remain banned tho

Edited by LifeStyle
12 hours ago, epicdavenport said:

I know this is a sensitive topic for the tier council but do you think with the introduction of so many new pokemon, abilities, and moves that they would consider complex bans? Like a complex ban keeping blaziken from using speed boost.

We won't be exploring the idea of complex bans.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.