Discussing the upcoming meta.

Well now that gen 5 is confirmed what do you guys think is worth discussing in the upcoming meta?

Even if we don't get the Hidden Abilities from the start and start with the weather wars the meta will definitely change a lot, a lot of old threats will become way more threatening with newer moves and abilities and others will become obsolete. Stealth Rocks will force a very different standard of play, Eviolite will make Chansey even more cancerous and I assume the tiers will be fully reset allowing stuff like Tyranitar and Salamence.

Also what's the first new gen Pokemon you plan to breed?

Since the rom is Black or White 1 a few gen 4 pokemon will be missing (Such as Garchomp)

List of Gen 4 Pokemon attainable.

http://www.psypokes.com/bw/oldpokemon.php

2 minutes ago, suigin said:

Well now that gen 5 is confirmed what do you guys think is worth discussing in the upcoming meta?

Even if we don't get the Hidden Abilities from the start and start with the weather wars the meta will definitely change a lot, a lot of old threats will become way more threatening with newer moves and abilities and others will become obsolete. Stealth Rocks will force a very different standard of play, Eviolite will make Chansey even more cancerous and I assume the tiers will be fully reset allowing stuff like Tyranitar and Salamence.

Also what's the first new gen Pokemon you plan to breed?

Since the rom is Black or White 1 a few gen 4 pokemon will be missing (Such as Garchomp)

List of Gen 4 Pokemon attainable.

http://www.psypokes.com/bw/oldpokemon.php

I don't think our metagame will truly ever be weather wars, at least not to the extent of gen 5, since we don't have permanent weather. Even our drizzlers and droughters will only get 5 turns of their respective weather - which will certainly still lead to strong weather teams, but not quite as centralizing (i'm hoping)

As far as the meta, I think we can go ahead and assume we won't be getting gen 4/5 legendaries for quite some time, which is disappointing. However, this should have a dramatic impact on the metagame, since that eliminates stuff like heatran and lando t (lando T is a legend right? I never played the gen 5 storyline kek)

15 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

I don't think our metagame will truly ever be weather wars, at least not to the extent of gen 5, since we don't have permanent weather. Even our drizzlers and droughters will only get 5 turns of their respective weather - which will certainly still lead to strong weather teams, but not quite as centralizing (i'm hoping)

As far as the meta, I think we can go ahead and assume we won't be getting gen 4/5 legendaries for quite some time, which is disappointing. However, this should have a dramatic impact on the metagame, since that eliminates stuff like heatran and lando t (lando T is a legend right? I never played the gen 5 storyline kek)

Yeah Landorus is a Legendary. And Heatran missing pretty much allows Volcarona to run HP Ice instead of ground (I doubt Volcarona will be available on release though) and leaves Venusaur and Roserade without hard checks like they have in Smogon formats.

5 minutes ago, suigin said:

Missread you, thought you were saying Volcarona was a Hard Check for Venu/Rose, no Heatran.

Still doubt we will be seeing many Offensive Oriented Roserade, while Offensive Saur really depends on wheather and eventuals Chlorophyll ability

57 minutes ago, suigin said:

If they eventually update defog to gen 6 mechanics Stealth Rocks won't be that much of a problem

Hide contents

They still will since the only good pokemon that learns it naturally is Mandibuzz and there's no defog tm

Please understand that while I say this, I cannot make any current guarantees.

However, I'd like to introduce any later generation mechanics that serve to improve the meta game as a whole in advance; including this one.

8 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I never played pvp gen 4 - 5 and have no clue about how a gen 5 meta looks like...

Well, I had never played any pokemon pvp when i started here some months ago,

so I don't think it will be hard to get used...

Gen 4 was beautiful, I didn't play much of 5.

16 hours ago, Gunthug said:

Tbh I expect to see more weather in doubles than singles. We basically have a 6v6 VGC now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.