Just now, Lazaro23 said:

So the battles seem to run smoothly ( I disabled " show overworld in battle  " ), but the gameplay is like 8.54 FPS, I do have core i7 2.0ghz 4GB ram and 512MB AMD Radeon HD
Anyway to make the game run on higher FPS ? or does it have to do with my mac's specs being low ? or maybe will it run better on bootcamp windows 7 x64 ?

On macbook air i am getting 60fps. But that the newer one with the Intel Graphics 6000 1.5GB onboard. If I am right on your macbook you have two GFX cards available. AMD as the more powerful one and the Intel GPU as the integrated one.

You could check which one are you using right now by:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202053

and setting which to use (not sure on that one)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202043

8 hours ago, Kyu said:

We use an external Java Runtime Environment for macOS, because it doesn't provide its own

To test the PTS client on macOS, you'll need to download the latest JDK (which provides cli tools for java) & run the PTS client via the PokeMMO.sh shell script provided in the zip

Damn, I'm on an old Mac (OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard) so I guess it will not be possible to test the PTS ?

I can't install the latest JDK, it's incompatible with my version of Mac and I don't have any terminal, is there any solutions ?

Thanks !

4 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

Damn, I'm on an old Mac (OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard) so I guess it will not be possible to test the PTS ?

I can't install the latest JDK, it's incompatible with my version of Mac and I don't have any terminal, is there any solutions ?

Thanks !

Snow Leopard comes with pre-installed java iirc? Open terminal and do java -version. Not sure if it will match the requirements for the PokeMMO tho. 

There are also ways of installing newer Java on Snow Leopard these require a bit of knowledge on terminal and system. Google around for possible solutions.

13 minutes ago, Telf said:

the fact that we skipped gen4 kinda saddens me, but we still might not I mean its still April fools guys cmon

For now it is. Once we have everything moved over to gen 5. This will be way easier/shorter task.

23 minutes ago, Telf said:

the fact that we skipped gen4 kinda saddens me, but we still might not I mean its still April fools guys cmon

As @Desu pointed out already, it's far better to use a later generation as a base and work backwards - as support for most things are already going to be there.

It also means you have more to play with.

You can't really work backwards into a generation though. Like sure you can add the region and shit, but that's not the same as getting to play that generation, since there will already be gen 5 things added. Basically the odds are I'll never get to experience a meta where Weavile is OU in PokeMMO and that makes me very sad. 

7 minutes ago, GiratinaXTrainer said:

Bit confuced. When the final product is released will we be able to use mains we used in 1&3 generations. or will we be stuck with this new account?

Also if so can we transfer coins (ive been saving to breed for awhile now)

Also will we be keep the pokes we made?

The account you're using on the Public Test Server currently is purely a temporary account and progress will be wiped after the public duration of the server.

When the final product is released you will be able to access Unova on the live server and play through it with your current account; there will be no need to transfer anything.

Fatal Render error has ocurred
Need help @Kyu
[INFO 2017-04-01 21:21:57] com.pokeemu.client.Client:? - Starting PokeMMO Client. Client revision: 8552
[INFO 2017-04-01 21:21:57] com.pokeemu.client.Client:? - https://pokemmo.eu
[INFO 2017-04-01 21:21:57] com.pokeemu.client.Client:? - Java Version: 1.8.0_121
[INFO 2017-04-01 21:21:57] com.pokeemu.client.Client:? - Java Home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_121
[INFO 2017-04-01 21:21:57] com.pokeemu.client.Client:? - LWJGL Natives location: C:\Users\pc\Desktop\PBS SERVER\./lib/native/windows
[INFO 2017-04-01 21:21:57] com.pokeemu.client.Client:? - MemoryInfo: Heap Memory Usage: 6/494 MB
[INFO 2017-04-01 21:21:57] com.pokeemu.client.Client:? - MemoryInfo: NonHeap Memory Usage: 4/0 MB
[ERROR 2017-04-01 21:21:57] com.pokeemu.client.Client:? - Fatal render error.
com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: OpenGL is not supported by the video driver.
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.createDisplayPixelFormat(LwjglGraphics.java:322)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.setupDisplay(LwjglGraphics.java:216)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:144)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:126)
Caused by: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.createDisplayPixelFormat(LwjglGraphics.java:314)
    ... 3 more

Is adding a whole new region really the best option?  As it is now even Kanto is mostly unpopulated.  With only the areas with great significance actually being used outside of going to a random route one time to catch something. By adding a whole another region the playerbase is only spread out even more.  Chances are most of Unova will be unpopulated as well.  Most of what Unova (gen 5) provided was new battle mechanics (triple, rotation, HAs)  all of which can be used outside the region theoretically.  Unova doesnt even provide berries or anything like that unlike Hoenn which atleast gives us that.  Its looking like Unova is only going to offer us 1-2 battle facilities and we all know how drearily unpopular that form of PvE is.  

PokeMMO has long not implemented extra regions for all of these reasons.  This was so it wouldn't end up as "Large as an ocean and as deep a puddle".  Long story short adding a new region (especially this one) adds little to no content that players want/care about.  Anything else brand new the dev want to throw in there could have been added into either existing region or customs islands.

Arguably the only content this really gives us is the new mons/items/moves/abilities.  We dont need a "new” region for any of those things.  Just give us the mons and it will function 100% the same way.  Just a lot less wasted time and effort on something nobody will use except to run through the story as fast as humanly possible.

As for gen 4.  Adding 2 whole new regions only doubles the issue I stated earlier.

Adding Unova is a grave waste of time.  We want more MMO features.  New maps with nothing to offer just aren’t going to cut it except for nostalgic reasons i guess.  You guys also have to consider that you switched from 1 gen to another without even considering our opinions on the matter.  You started working on this a year ago right?  Thats when you should have been gauging our reaction.  Leaving players missing something that once was is a horrible thing to do and right now its basically a coin flip whether or not this goes over well with us.  I know for certain gen 5 is the most hated gen of all so you can atleast sprinkle gen 4 mons in the routes.  Gen 1, 2, 3, 5 mons only sounds horrible.

30 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Is adding a whole new region really the best option?  As it is now even Kanto is mostly unpopulated.  With only the areas with great significance actually being used outside of going to a random route one time to catch something. By adding a whole another region the playerbase is only spread out even more.  Chances are most of Unova will be unpopulated as well.  Most of what Unova (gen 5) provided was new battle mechanics (triple, rotation, HAs)  all of which can be used outside the region theoretically.  Unova doesnt even provide berries or anything like that unlike Hoenn which atleast gives us that.  Its looking like Unova is only going to offer us 1-2 battle facilities and we all know how drearily unpopular that form of PvE is.  

PokeMMO has long not implemented extra regions for all of these reasons.  This was so it wouldn't end up as "Large as an ocean and as deep a puddle".  Long story short adding a new region (especially this one) adds little to no content that players want/care about.  Anything else brand new the dev want to throw in there could have been added into either existing region or customs islands.

Arguably the only content this really gives us is the new mons/items/moves/abilities.  We dont need a "new” region for any of those things.  Just give us the mons and it will function 100% the same way.  Just a lot less wasted time and effort on something nobody will use except to run through the story as fast as humanly possible.

As for gen 4.  Adding 2 whole new regions only doubles the issue I stated earlier.

Adding Unova is a grave waste of time.  We want more MMO features.  New maps with nothing to offer just aren’t going to cut it except for nostalgic reasons i guess.  You guys also have to consider that you switched from 1 gen to another without even considering our opinions on the matter.  You started working on this a year ago right?  Thats when you should have been gauging our reaction.  Leaving players missing something that once was is a horrible thing to do and right now its basically a coin flip whether or not this goes over well with us.  I know for certain gen 5 is the most hated gen of all so you can atleast sprinkle gen 4 mons in the routes.  Gen 1, 2, 3, 5 mons only sounds horrible.

you cant just let go huh