Ichigo

Question

Note: These images were edited just to give a clear indication of

what I am referring too.

Before:

oualNqL.png?1

After:

3k6gMJz.png?1

I request that we have an option to enable an automated list of pokemon appearing throughout horde-battles.

As all you shiny hunters out there may have noticed that when you encounter a horde it will state

''A wild horde appeared'' and doesn't display the pokemon that was in that current horde in the battle log unless

you had any confrontation with them. This kinda annoys me because sometimes when I flee too fast I feel like I 

may have missed a shiny. When you reach a certain amount of encounters your mind starts to play games with you and

it's not like you can view the pokemon of the previous horde that you encountered because all it would say is

''A wild horde appeared'' and ''Got away safely''

Some players may feel like this is not needed but that is why I also suggested to make it an option so we can enable and disable this feature.

5 answers to this question

I can definitely relate to the brainless shiny hunt. You get so used to clicking "Run."
But someone can argue that the same concept applies to reading text in the chat -- rather than recognizing a different color, making this kinda useless in a way.

I can definitely see how this would be a little bit useful, as it gives them another indication that they've run into a shiny. Although, I feel that the usefulness would be extremely limited as people tend to run away from shinies simply because they aren't paying enough attention to what they're doing to begin with. Even with a shiny Pokémon whose colors aren't too different from their regular appearance, the name including "Shiny" in both the battle notification and on the HP bar should be enough notice.

Rather than have it show a list of each Pokémon that appears in a horde, though, I think it'd be a much simpler solution for it to include "SHINY" in the horde notification. That way, you'd see the notification say "A wild SHINY horde appeared!" If it showed a list of each Pokémon that appeared, there'd be a pretty good amount of time being pointlessly wasted, making horde battles a lot more time-consuming. And as most of us know, we've got enough people saying that battles take too long as-is. In the end, with what I stated, you've still got that extra notification that a horde contains a shiny, while also keeping the time being consumed by the notification the same as it currently is. :3.

5 hours ago, RyukoNotsunaga said:

I can definitely see how this would be a little bit useful, as it gives them another indication that they've run into a shiny. Although, I feel that the usefulness would be extremely limited as people tend to run away from shinies simply because they aren't paying enough attention to what they're doing to begin with. Even with a shiny Pokémon whose colors aren't too different from their regular appearance, the name including "Shiny" in both the battle notification and on the HP bar should be enough notice.

Rather than have it show a list of each Pokémon that appears in a horde, though, I think it'd be a much simpler solution for it to include "SHINY" in the horde notification. That way, you'd see the notification say "A wild SHINY horde appeared!" If it showed a list of each Pokémon that appeared, there'd be a pretty good amount of time being pointlessly wasted, making horde battles a lot more time-consuming. And as most of us know, we've got enough people saying that battles take too long as-is. In the end, with what I stated, you've still got that extra notification that a horde contains a shiny, while also keeping the time being consumed by the notification the same as it currently is. :3.

I think you got a good point here :P. but then again no one would know what shiny you fled from if they only see ''A wild SHINY horde appeared''. Same goes for yourself when you encountered a lot of hordes and check battle log and you see that. How you gonna know what you missed? At the end of the day I am open for more opinions like yours because they will only add up to a good conclusion. Thanks*

7 hours ago, linwe said:

I can definitely relate to the brainless shiny hunt. You get so used to clicking "Run."
But someone can argue that the same concept applies to reading text in the chat -- rather than recognizing a different color, making this kinda useless in a way.

Well I mean if I somehow get the feeling that I fled from a shiny and check the battle log and see that I didn't flee from one, that'll give me a little motivation to keep going. Especially when you start to near 100k encounters.