Automated catching comps

Xatu

Question

Pretty much like the bug catching thing in G/S/C, short and simple. With pretty meh but still decent prizes like 1st place ever stone or tradable rare candy. They could be iv based in a time limit or show an NPC a certain natured/gendered Mon first. They could start once 8 players queue or something.

it would just be a quick random way to have some fun and maybe catch breeders you needed anyway.

Edited by Xatu

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Zigh said:

Altough is a good idea, we already have that, "PVE events" (there are tons of catching events to participate in)

This would actually be infinitely more useful as our current system has us using a Google Sheet to track entries and perform the needed calculations. There is a lot of potential in having some catching contests automated. This does not serve as any official response, this is just my own personal input.

On 3/23/2017 at 4:32 PM, Zigh said:

Altough is a good idea, we already have that, "PVE events" (there are tons of catching events to participate in)

I imagine he means this would be in a more often occurance then our PVE events.  PVE event's are great, but they are not happening every day, or every few days.  It also brings in an automated system into the game to keep things fresh and some other kind of entertainment from the normal grind.

On 23/03/2017 at 2:46 PM, XelaKebert said:

This would actually be infinitely more useful as our current system has us using a Google Sheet to track entries and perform the needed calculations. There is a lot of potential in having some catching contests automated. This does not serve as any official response, this is just my own personal input.

Xela, I thought spending twenty minutes of solid data entry into the shared spreadsheet was your jam. Why else be staff?