PokeMMO World Cup Tournament - General Thread

Do you want the idea of World Cup Tournament do be a Team based or Individual based?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the idea of World Cup Tournament do be a Team based or Individual based?

2 hours ago, cchiovitti527 said:

Alright, I've got 1,000 reward points to donate. 

Okay, I'm thinking like giving the MVP of the winning team able to choose their selection of vanity item for either 500 RP or 1000 RP, depending how much you wanna donate. In addition for the main prize pool share, of course. What do you think?

1 minute ago, OrangeManiac said:

Okay, I'm thinking like giving the MVP of the winning team able to choose their selection of vanity item for either 500 RP or 1000 RP, depending how much you wanna donate. In addition for the main prize pool share, of course. What do you think?

Shounds gud

If you consider the number of signups, this event is currently the second biggest event in the history of PokeMMO - right after Kyu's Awesome Tourney.

Considering the massive amount of signups and my decision to create multiple teams from same country, it's highly likely I end up making this a Single Elimination bracket with PSL-like scheudling (with final 4 real time tournament) in order to have any chance of being able to have this event done by summer. However, all final decisions will be made after the teams are formed.

2 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

If you consider the number of signups, this event is currently the second biggest event in the history of PokeMMO - right after Kyu's Awesome Tourney.

Considering the massive amount of signups and my decision to create multiple teams from same country, it's highly likely I end up making this a Single Elimination bracket with PSL-like scheudling (with final 4 real time tournament) in order to have any chance of being able to have this event done by summer. However, all final decisions will be made after the teams are formed.

could do two part bracket with like swiss then elimination. Just single elim kinda seems like it'd really crush some dreams when its a huge hyped event and you play one match then RIP.

Could do Pools based on region too actually, that seems like it could be cool. Like put countries near each other in the same pools to play, end up with NA teams, EU teams, etc. in a single elim bracket after pools.

If there are too many teams, more than one league same time.

1st group = 8 teams (or 4 teams , can be smaller or bigger too)= (as PSL)  > with round robin > Winner 1

2nd group = 8 teams = .. > Winner 2

.. > Winner 3

And Final Week is, Single elimination of winner teams, as TT.

Edited by FinnTheMember
57 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

could do two part bracket with like swiss then elimination. Just single elim kinda seems like it'd really crush some dreams when its a huge hyped event and you play one match then RIP.

Could do Pools based on region too actually, that seems like it could be cool. Like put countries near each other in the same pools to play, end up with NA teams, EU teams, etc. in a single elim bracket after pools.

I agree that one and done can be really rough and I really don't enjoy the idea but my main pet peeve with Swiss is that so easily people who lose their chances of qualifying they just give and forfeit their matches, basically fucking it up for everybody.

My initial thought was like a "half-round robin" where everybody in groups plays like 3 matches while the best qualify. It currently is my favorite idea but I also need to consider the amount of workload for me and also the fact that by August I'm no longer in this country so I need to get the event done by then haha.

51 minutes ago, LuisPocho said:

how will you make teams for countryes that gonna have more that one team... it gonna be random?

I'm gonna form PMs or discussion topics where the players for certain country can tell their wishes if they wanna play with a certain countrymate they have. If there's no consensus in like 1-2 weeks after the discussion is made, I'm just gonna either decide myself or randomize.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.