PokeMMO World Cup Tournament - General Thread

Do you want the idea of World Cup Tournament do be a Team based or Individual based?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the idea of World Cup Tournament do be a Team based or Individual based?

Alright, the signups for PokeMMO World Cup has ended. The forming of teams will start now. If there was at least 3 signups for a country but less than 5, they will automatically form a team. With less than 3 signups I had to do some difficult decisions of how to make combination teams. With more than 5 signups I will start to make forum PMs, in which we decide with the participants of the country what kind of teams we will form out of them.

Also about captains: I decided to name a captain for every team. The responsibility of a captain is to be the final voice to decide who is gonna play and what tier each round. The captain will be the player with most official tournament wins, in case of a tie I will decide the captain personally. The captain has the right to outsource this responsibility to another member of the team or to let the team decide everything together. Obviously, I will encourage to make every decision as a team but in order to be able to move on I need to have a captain to have a final say.

Anyways, here are the currently formed teams from the signups!

Team Canada

StriderXD (Canada)

Lazaaro (Canada)

DoctorPBJ (Canada) - Captain

overToasted

Team Brazil

Risadex (Brazil)

Makarovmaster (Brazil)

JHowcrazy (Brazil) - Captain

chicoxana (Brazil)

Deadwind (Brazil)

Team Venezuela

Abelachy (Venezuela)

xxxDragonDarkxxx (Venezuela) - Captain

AdrNekoGhost (Venezuela)

Team Morocco

Xilias (Morocco) - Captain

DRAYGEL (Morocco)

Heilis (Morocco)

Team Ireland

Parke (Ireland) - Captain

Shero (Ireland)

Suneet (Ireland)

Team Middle America

enchanteur (Colombia) - Captain

Dalarcon (Ecuador) 

riickd (El Salvador)

Jostarr (Puerto Rico)

- I made this team because they're all Spanish speaking latin countries all located in the Middle America/Northern South America, so fairly near each other.

Team Malaysia/Greece

Rynners (Greece)

Jeiseun (Malaysia) - Captain

Vincenteh (Malaysia)

- This was a bit of a weird combination team considering they're in the opposite sides of the world but since I got to know they are friends and both of their countries are lacking players I didn't wanna say no to the request for them to allow to play in a combination team.

Team Portugal/Poland

Bearminator's alt (Poland)

Quave (Poland)

LifeStyle (Portugal) - Captain

Pachima (Portugal)

- Also a quite "unique" country combo but this is made solely because every other country in Europe had more than 3 signups (barring Team Scandinavia).

Team Scandinavia

OrangeManiac (Finland) - captain

Raptori (Finland)

ZorNiFieD (Sweden)

Erayne (Sweden)

GeniVeni (Norway)

- Not a single Scandinavian country got a full team so the easy way to go forward is to combine all three.

Team Turkey/Israel

SweeTforU (Israel) - Captain

Dolittle (Turkey)

Oltannn (Turkey)

- These two teams were placed together due to lack of 3 players and being close to each other in the world.

Team Algeria/South Africa

Abdou (Algeria)
Pinklabel (Algeria)

Havsha (South Africa) - Captain

Dekisugi (South Africa)

- Another difficult decision of how to make a combination team but this was made solely of being the signups from African continent without a complete team.

Team Far East

yangsam (Taiwan) - Captain

Zozoth (India)

BluePocket (Hong Kong)

Cogeid (China)

- This team was made for being the lone signups in the far east Asia.

Team Oceania

Kizhaz (Australia)

Elcoolio (New ZealanDAB) - Captain

NightWingX (Fiji)

NataliaHeart (Philippines)

SpartacusGD (Philippines)

- I was gonna initially put Kiz, Coolio and Nightwing as team Oceania but I needed to put our Philippines duo somewhere and for me this was the most natural option.

Rest of the country signups had more than 5 signups and the discussions of forming the teams are about to start!

Also @ShadowGary pls tell me if you prefer UK or NL. This is pretty big in order to know if NL or UK gets 2 teams.

Just now, TheChampionMike said:

@OrangeManiac If it ends up as too much of a hassle to form a team for NL you can drop me out from the tourney, I don't mind if this will simplify things for you and the entire tournament.

Nah, it's not a hassle at all man. Only problem is that UK and NL has both 5 players and Gary signed up for "both" (for living in another but being from another), so I just want to know which one he prefers. Another of these countries will have one team consisting 5 players and another one will have two teams containing three players.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.