PokeMMO World Cup Tournament - General Thread

Do you want the idea of World Cup Tournament do be a Team based or Individual based?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the idea of World Cup Tournament do be a Team based or Individual based?

By the looks of it, I will have precisely 32 teams in total. That's so perfect. I'll make the final announcement and post today/tomorrow. 

Looks like the progression will be following:

- 32 teams will be put in 8 different groups, each therefor containing 4 teams

- Every country battles once against every team in their group

- Same country's different teams will not be in the same group to avoid any sort of "boosting" of your fellow countrymen's team

- The winner of each group will move to the round of 8, which is the playoff round. You lose, you're out. You win, you're in the final 4.

- The winners of round of 8 will participate in the Final 4 Double Elimination tournament, held real time in Silph Co ch 7 which is hosted right when all the remaining 4 teams agree on the time.

6 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

Where will the battles be held?

is it a 3v3 setting or just play your match and wait for your teammates?

how long for your match to be played?

The group stage matches will be played individually, just like PSL. The battlers will announce the location the match is played 10 mins before starting in their group stage thread. All three matches will be published at once and teams have roughly 3 weeks time to finish the matches. There is no exact deadlines and if it's evident both parties are actually trying to play their match I will wait for them. If I see another party avoiding the match, then activity calls will be made to move on with the tournament.

Alright, teams are finalized. I added PolangeloxD to team Peru, LeJovi to team Middle America, Heross to Team Uruguay and Telf to USA Team 4 as late signups as these were easy additions to their respective rosters. Telf was added to the USA 4 because there already has been indications to me there is an inactive player and just the overall the names aren't known as much from competitive scene as from other teams so this serves as a nice balance.

Group Stage battles should be out soon(tm). Hopefully in a few hours.

Here you can see the signed up players and the teams they were added to.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lLJXuXva-brBkbceq7Di_a_ULQJ5fC6sLgeHkjlOi2A

Edited by OrangeManiac
1 minute ago, Torinnnnn said:

Says that pachima is on a team by himself

Bearminator’s alt (Poland) - Team Portugal/Poland

Quave (Poland) - Team Portugal/Poland

Pachima (Portugal) - Team Portugal/Poland - Captain

Maybe he is listed twice? 
Edit: no he isnt

Just now, Bearminator said:

When I clicked the link at first he was under Germany alone. Clicked it after I posted and it was fixed

8 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Edit: no he isnt

Can Poland into space?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.