PokeMMO World Cup Tournament - General Thread

Do you want the idea of World Cup Tournament do be a Team based or Individual based?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the idea of World Cup Tournament do be a Team based or Individual based?

14 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

If there's more players from one country to make a team, can we form a team with who we want to play with? Sorry only skim read, sorry if I missed it.

@Parke i know ur scum irish, but put down UK since ur living in northern ireland. Good man

Eh, yeah looks like multiple people have a little bit misinterpreted the idea of this tournament. :D

This isn't a team event, it's an individual event. People first are put into qualifier groups based on their country/continent (depending how many people are signed up from a country/continent) and people first qualify against the people located near them and the winners of the qualifiers qualify to the final tournament where they essentially not only represent themselves but their country as well. I don't know if many of you are aware of how the qualifiers for World Cup in international football goes like but the idea is very similar. Also in addition I want to make sure the chances for everyone to make it to the final tournament is fairly close to each other. If there are a shit ton of signups from Europe, then there are more spots for final tournament for Europeans. While as Africa division with only a handful of signups has one spot in the final bracket, European could have like 8.

It seems like many people have considered this as a team event so far and it's probably a horrible job by me explaining this format and maybe a team format could be a possibility in the future but we'll see. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind here, though.

Edit: Now that I think of it, an idea of a Team based "representing your country" seems really fun which definitely could be done at one point.

Edited by OrangeManiac
8 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Eh, yeah looks like multiple people have a little bit misinterpreted the idea of this tournament. :D

This isn't a team event, it's an individual event. People first are put into qualifier groups based on their country/continent (depending how many people are signed up from a country/continent) and people first qualify against the people located near them and the winners of the qualifiers qualify to the final tournament where they essentially not only represent themselves but their country as well. I don't know if many of you are aware of how the qualifiers for World Cup in international football goes like but the idea is very similar. Also in addition I want to make sure the chances for everyone to make it to the final tournament is fairly close to each other. If there are a shit ton of signups from Europe, then there are more spots for final tournament for Europeans. While as Africa division with only a handful of signups has one spot in the final bracket, European could have like 8.

It seems like many people have considered this as a team event so far and it's probably a horrible job by me explaining this format and maybe a team format could be a possibility in the future but we'll see. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind here, though.

Edit: Now that I think of it, an idea of a Team based "representing your country" seems really fun which definitely could be done at one point.

Awww i though it would be teams like the world cup haha.

How are you guys even getting confused over this, never watched Football (Soccer for murica plebs)? There will be a qualifier bracket for each continent and the top players of each continent move on to the Final bracket (Just like Fifa World Cup qualifiers and then the actual Fifa World Cup Tournament).

Edit: Ofc for example, instead of only 1 person from UK being able to reach the final bracket, there can be multiple UK people doing that.

Edited by LifeStyle
1 minute ago, LifeStyle said:

How are you guys even getting confused over this, never watched Football (Soccer for murica plebs)? There will be a qualifier bracket for each continent and the top players of each continent move on to the Final bracket (Just like Fifa World Cup qualifiers and then the actual Fifa World Cup Tournament).

But each country has a team, they don't play on their own. That's the part most were confused at.

ur just mad u only got perry to play with hue

1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

But each country has a team, they don't play on their own. That's the part most were confused at.

ur just mad u only got perry to play with hue

I'll have everyone from Europe to play with is what I'm thinking. Or else god help me if I have to carry portuguese plebs.

Edited by LifeStyle
Just now, LifeStyle said:

I'll have everyone from Europe to play with is what I'm thinking. Or else god help me if I have to carry portuguese plebs.

No son, you gotta make portuguese team then fight against european teams to qualify.

gosh dont u watch football

2 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

No son, you gotta make portuguese team then fight against european teams to qualify.

gosh dont u watch football

Yeah true, my mind was still thinking about the 1v1 rules Orange originally planned, now this shit gonna look messy.

Voted for individual cuz I don't like following the other sheep.

Edited by LifeStyle

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.