Facade underused?

Atumisk

So I was recently experimenting with a relatively basic Ursaring, which is danger prone enough to be the one Pokemon in my party take the hit for getting Poisoned, Paralyzed or Burned, and it was through the unfortunate lifestyle my Ursaring endures on a day-to-day basis that I recently discovered the benefits of the move "Facade".

Now, I'm an old school Pokemon Trainer, and I've been at it since I got my first Yellow version at age 10. Yet for some reason, I've never actually benefited from Facade and I'm pretty amazed I didn't understand it's potential from way earlier on.

So now I'm provoked to start a discussion. Which of you use Facade, especially as a great powerful tool, and which Pokemon/Set do you prefer to use it with? Do you have any techniques (don't share anything you obviously want secret) to purposely poison your small combatants to turn them into crazy confusing beast as if they were Bane?

discuss

6 minutes ago, Atumisk said:

So I was recently experimenting with a relatively basic Ursaring, which is danger prone enough to be the one Pokemon in my party take the hit for getting Poisoned, Paralyzed or Burned, and it was through the unfortunate lifestyle my Ursaring endures on a day-to-day basis that I recently discovered the benefits of the move "Facade".

Now, I'm an old school Pokemon Trainer, and I've been at it since I got my first Yellow version at age 10. Yet for some reason, I've never actually benefited from Facade and I'm pretty amazed I didn't understand it's potential from way earlier on.

So now I'm provoked to start a discussion. Which of you use Facade, especially as a great powerful tool, and which Pokemon/Set do you prefer to use it with? Do you have any techniques (don't share anything you obviously want secret) to purposely poison your small combatants to turn them into crazy confusing beast as if they were Bane?

discuss

Facade is nice for CB Ursa if you can bait the status. Otherwise, I think Return takes the cake - especially for SD or Bulk Up sets - because it's ~50 power higher than an un-boosted Facade when accounting for STAB, and it doesn't require a status condition for that power

5 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

Facade is nice for CB Ursa if you can bait the status. Otherwise, I think Return takes the cake - especially for SD or Bulk Up sets - because it's ~50 power higher than an un-boosted Facade when accounting for STAB, and it doesn't require a status condition for that power

I love Return, I feel it's underappreciated because a lot of people want quick-result moves like Facade that can double in power instantly opposed to Return, which you need to actually build from the ground up.

Normal types are underappreciated all together, imo. I'm going to look at making my Raticate a bit more return-friendly.

11 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

I wouldn't use it on other things with Guts like Heracross, since its STAB moves will always be better to use.

Questionable. Facade sets are very nice for catching Weezing out. Probably considered gimmicky because of how little it's used, but still viable nonetheless. 

Facade is definitely an under utilized tool in the handbag of PokeMMO. I've had a crap ton of success using CB Facade on GUTS users, such as Machamp, Heracross, or Ursaring. You can even get really wild and run SleepTalk Facade Ursaring to really steal the show, but in our more offensive meta SleepTalk lost a lot of viability. Basically, swap in on Blissey, tank whatever status it throws at you on the switch, click Facade and pray your CB + Guts Boost + Status Boosted Facade can nab a kill. 

12 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Facade is definitely an under utilized tool in the handbag of PokeMMO. I've had a crap ton of success using CB Facade on GUTS users, such as Machamp, Heracross, or Ursaring. You can even get really wild and run SleepTalk Facade Ursaring to really steal the show, but in our more offensive meta SleepTalk lost a lot of viability. Basically, swap in on Blissey, tank whatever status it throws at you on the switch, click Facade and pray your CB + Guts Boost + Status Boosted Facade can nab a kill. 

Unless it's just a thing for pokemmo, I could have sworn sleep doesn't work with facade.

• Zehkar locked this topic