Samurai Jack (Adult Swim season 5)

TJXD

@TJXD Spoiler Warning.

Spoiler

Ok, so I'm mildly disappointed. Like the Ashi story line was so fucking HYPE, just like this entire season. It was so perfect and such an amazing way to bring back the series and finally bring it to an end... although...

There was just so much left on the table and the final episode felt rushed. I needed more. 

For instance, just seeing the Guardian's glasses on the ground smashed... I thought for sure we'd see him come back with his portal just to close the season out and give Jack his opportunity to return to the past. We got nothing, despite all the HYPE he built in the original series. He was just written off as dead I'm assuming. 

And to add, the entire Ashi story line was just washed down the drain as she vanished in a wisp of Aku's memory. Like c'mon, it made so much sense to do what they did but couldn't they have just left it when she was like "I just felt Aku leaving me..." and let her exist?! Bah. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Although, I must say that seeing Aku absolutely shrek all of Jack's friends was very rewarding. The dark theme of the series was brought forth with that simple squishing of the archers and the pelting of absolutely everyone with the death arrows. It felt good fam, it felt good. 

Now, Aku dying himself. Wtf... c'mon... like he just went so fast. No HYPE. Just a terrified and pure annhilition by Jack. Again, I wanted something epic. 

Regardless, the season was amazing, and I was happy you showed it to me. Thanks brah. 

4 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

@TJXD Spoiler Warning.

Reveal hidden contents

Ok, so I'm mildly disappointed. Like the Ashi story line was so fucking HYPE, just like this entire season. It was so perfect and such an amazing way to bring back the series and finally bring it to an end... although...

There was just so much left on the table and the final episode felt rushed. I needed more. 

For instance, just seeing the Guardian's glasses on the ground smashed... I thought for sure we'd see him come back with his portal just to close the season out and give Jack his opportunity to return to the past. We got nothing, despite all the HYPE he built in the original series. He was just written off as dead I'm assuming. 

And to add, the entire Ashi story line was just washed down the drain as she vanished in a wisp of Aku's memory. Like c'mon, it made so much sense to do what they did but couldn't they have just left it when she was like "I just felt Aku leaving me..." and let her exist?! Bah. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Although, I must say that seeing Aku absolutely shrek all of Jack's friends was very rewarding. The dark theme of the series was brought forth with that simple squishing of the archers and the pelting of absolutely everyone with the death arrows. It felt good fam, it felt good. 

Now, Aku dying himself. Wtf... c'mon... like he just went so fast. No HYPE. Just a terrified and pure annhilition by Jack. Again, I wanted something epic. 

Regardless, the season was amazing, and I was happy you showed it to me. Thanks brah. 

Spoiler

Great season, I felt the same stuff you did with the ending, the nostalgia bits were great and I loved the Scotsman and his thing too, I felt a real good connection with Ashi and what they did with that kinda felt rushed, wish they did an hour special or something to top it off would've added some depth to the episode . I dont feel like they did justice to that relationship or Aku's death but there were bits in the episode that were great. Seeing the 300 was great, the jump monkeys, the starting monologue and the reason behind it and all of Jack's mentors coming together again . This show was always dark and it stayed that way to a point .