Samurai Jack (Adult Swim season 5)

TJXD

2 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Is it beautiful? Samurai Jack was one of those amazing shows I caught a few episodes of as a kid and really wished I had seen more of. I was a high jumper through high school and college so the episode where he trained with those ape-people and they threw a giant boulder on his back was my jam.

its certainly got the same art and charm , but only two episodes out so far so Jack hasnt had lighter moments yet, its like the darkest timeline kind of thing after the original series  which basically ends with him never getting to the portal, its a good watch imo

18 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Is it beautiful? Samurai Jack was one of those amazing shows I caught a few episodes of as a kid and really wished I had seen more of. I was a high jumper through high school and college so the episode where he trained with those ape-people and they threw a giant boulder on his back was my jam.

That episode was one of the most satisfying in the series. I actually thought the series ended there with Jack getting through the portal as an implied ending.

I watched season 5 and I have not been disappointed yet. The unique contour-less, dream-like art is unchanged. The action is intense, and the villains that appeared so far have been really memorable (the music guy and the daughters of aku and their mentor). On top of that the soundtrack is amazing and I particularly liked the bit where jack was hiding in a tomb from the 7 girls. The series got a bit more mature, I feel, while maintaining an overwhelming amount of the original elements that made the first four seasons brilliant. Watch it guys, before youtube takes the episodes down!

Edited by OldKeith

Somehow never caught any of this show growing up despite being the right age at the time, but ever since I caught a bit of it on that adult swim live stream I've been hooked. Currently marching through season 2 on Hulu, there's something really gripping about this show that I can't put my finger on. Oh, and my 8 year old little bro things it's the coolest show in the world and blows my phone up every day (yes that little brat has a cell phone) talking about it haha 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2017 at 1:55 AM, DoubleJ said:

Ashi Ashi Ashi!

This show just became an 11/10 story wise

On 4/10/2017 at 3:02 AM, Kizhaz said:

Is it any good? I don't remember much from Samurai Jack, I know my parents thought it was boring and called Aku Birthday cake head, that's about it lmao

6 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Also, mad shout out for bringing back the Scottsman. I was actually watching old highlights of him a couple days before I saw the new episode and was pretty HYPED when he came wheeling out. Was the perfect storm =)

You Thread bumpin, Tv show watchin, comp playin, medical book readin dog you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...