A "Built in" PokeSpeak for the PokeMMO Client

A "Built in" PokeSpeak for the PokeMMO Client

80d615a87c5a786a7775091e3a6f17be.png19757bf4f1e5cb53638b2ed0a18c7799.png

Good afternoon fellow players, I would like to propose a server idea that is "free" for the developers and convenient for the player base. Have a built in speaking mechanism that allows the playerbase and staff to chat. The reason why I am making this suggestion is due to some fights about who will be the "unofficial discord server of PokeMMO." There could be an in game option to go to the lobby or you can make your own temp channel. Also, you can apply for a team channel just like on TeamSpeak.

3c115a703d260e4f41874b78c9a196fe.png

WikiLeaks and Vault 7

I don't mean to go into politics, but I feel that some people will force me to talk about it. Some people fear that others (particularly the facility of PokeMMO) are listening to every word that they utter verbally. If your scared of that, might as well not play any online game. Staff do monitor chat lines with other players to help prevent illegal activity and so on. I am not saying that PokeMMO has links to the CIA, what I am saying is that PokeMMO could stop a future crime from happening.

How would this "PokeSpeak" program be accessed and enabled?

All you have to do is...

Spoiler

1. Go to "Community"

e14ea5f4b65976466e5142db2489098e.png

2. Add an option called "PokeSpeak"

bbfd985378a931ca674e6d51e5c4c8ae.png

3. In the menu, go to "Enable" or if your enabled, you can "Disable" if you want to turn it off.

4. For the sake of argument, the GUI could look similar to GTL's GUI, so I am going to use it from here....

9affe3dd386835fcd4711a411a0c7ef7.png

What are the options?

You can do push-to-talk and mute your mic or sound, put on the "Away" symbol, etc, but no soundboards.... sorry @JIceJDragon.....

Pretty much, the basics of TeamSpeak without anything special (so think of this as a skeleton of TeamSpeak and not a TeamSpeak with flesh and all).

e5277949daab94958695cbe90436af93.png

Summary

I feel that this serves as a quick way to connect without the need of 3rd party software. PokeMMO's version of verbal communication may not be as built as Discord, but it is an option for people who hate downloading more stuff on their computer. Hopefully PokeMMO can take up the challenge. The devs in my view are very smart and can do something revolutionary like being an MMO that introduced its own built in vocal communication service.

2 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

an option for people who hate downloading more stuff on their computer. 

Discord can be used in a web browser without a download.

2 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Hopefully PokeMMO can take up the challenge.

wait no please

Public voice chat sounds like something people generally won't use, as well as impossible to moderate. There are no chat logs, after all, and it'll be cancer.

It might be nice if restricted to team usage. That there would just be a text channel and a voice channel. But if it's restricted to team, the devs will probably say a team might as well just make their discord, and leave the link in description.

e: i mean i kiiiinda like the idea, but i'm pretty sure it's been rejected before. Not to be a downer or anything.

Edited by Eggplant
  • 2 months later...

Please lock, @Desu provided his take on the situation.

Desu:

"No thanks, if I wanted to have a 12 year old tell me how he fucked my mom I'd go play call of duty."

Edited by Bestfriends
  • Munya locked this topic