Can Nidoking pass morning sun to Growlithe?

peep

No it can't but you can breed your growlithe with a smeargle that's sketched morning sun or you can breed your growlithe with an espeon that knows the move. I maybe wrong about whether it can or can't pass the move to the growlithe but I'm pretty sure it can't. Hope this helps! ^-^ 

To clarify how egg moves are passed, the only Pokémon who matters in determining which egg moves are passed is the species of Pokémon the offspring will be. In most cases, the female parent's starting species. (The exclusion being parents who can produce different species of Pokémon as offspring, such as Nidoran and Illumise for example. Since they can produce alternate offspring, the chance of all the egg moves being compatible will most-likely not be the same. That is, unless the egg moves that are trying to be passed are compatible with both offspring. For example, Beat Up, Poison Tail, Skull Bash, and Disable being compatible with both Nidoran M & F, while only Nidoran M can learn Amnesia and Confusion.) Simply put, if a move is incompatible with the offspring's species, then that egg move will not be passed.

Since Growlithe can learn Morning Sun as an egg move, any Pokémon in the Field egg group that knows Morning Sun can pass Morning Sun to Growlithe. Whether it be a male Smeargle, Espeon, Nidoran M, Ponyta, or another Growlithe. Also, if you bred an egg move Pokémon with a Ditto, those egg moves will be transferred to the offspring as well. I hope this helps. :3.

• Zehkar locked this topic