Quick question

WolfgangDamien

So I did a match making the other day and had a match that pinned my 6x31, 252 speed, jolly Dodrio (no speed boost hold-item) vs a Feraligator. 

The Feraligator outsped my Dodrio. 

I looked up the stats and theres no way any Feraligator could outspeed my perfect speed-natured Dodrio by normal stats alone. 

So my question is, can any hold item in the game make a Feraligator faster than a perfect speed natured Dodrio? or is this a bug?

28 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Swift Choice Band

How much speed boost does that give? Theres about a 25 point difference in max speeds, thats a pretty good spread to cover. I didnt think even the swift choice bands would make such a slow mon outspeed one of the fastest. 

Just now, WolfgangDamien said:

How much speed boost does that give? Theres about a 25 point difference in max speeds, thats a pretty good spread to cover. I didnt think even the swift choice bands would make such a slow mon outspeed one of the fastest. 

+50% boost, for example if an Adamant max speed Fera is holding one, it increases its speed from 130 to 195

Just now, LifeStyle said:

+50% boost, for example if an Adamant max speed Fera is holding one, it increases its speed from 130 to 195

oh wow! yea that would pretty much cover it. never knew it was *that* effective, maybe Ill get one for my slow mons. Thanks!

1 minute ago, WolfgangDamien said:

oh wow! yea that would pretty much cover it. never knew it was *that* effective, maybe Ill get one for my slow mons. Thanks!

keep in mind that like any other choice band it has a drawback of locking your pokemon onto a single move

Unless you switch out that pokemon ofc

Edited by LifeStyle
Just now, LifeStyle said:

keep in mind that like any other choice band it has a drawback of locking your pokemon onto a single move

yes, that i do know. the one mon Im thinking of in particular is already using a choice band so its not a big switch in strategy. I may have to redo some evs though. 

Just now, Bilburt said:

Unlike choiceband swift choice band just boosts speed meaning you're losing a 50% attack boost if you do decide to use speed choice band

I know that too. I was thinking of putting it on my comp Machokes, who really needs more speed than power. 

• Zehkar locked this topic