[PSL 7] Week Seven

Firstly, fuck you tor, you're the one who should help with these scenarios.

The betting rules imply you owe the cash. If this was the other way round, spart would instead have to pay and you wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Nobody is forced to accept the rules when betting, but most people do imply they are accepted when betting with each other using the thread.

If you've got problems with the rules, you should have said something beforehand.

The betting thread should automatically agree with the rules when using the thread to save people from these sorts if situations. Maybe something to add to the thread next season.

Next season I'll be betting thread host again. We've had 1 quit half way through, another host scam 7m and blacklist themselves, tor hasnt updated the thread since he started.

Leave it to the professionals. 

Edit: Oh and fyi, I am the one who made that rule "activity wins not voiding team bets", this was because teams would often be losing/winning heavily then an activity win/lose would void the bet which created more problems than it caused. Nobody said anything bad about change for the past 3 seasons but il give the rules a good look at next season and try improve upon them.

Edited by KaynineXL
Had to say fuck you tor

While I am not as rich as I used to be, I still have money I got from kameme and it's honestly a drop in the bucket. What you fail to understand is that it's not about the money. Heck it's never about the money. It's about motto etc. 

Like some people never negotiate with terrorists; I never pay a bet I (feel I) didn't lose. If I owe you anything though, I wouldn't hesitate a second and I would do whatever it takes to pay.

The last minute sub fucked up both matches and we all know it, both match should've been no contests. Again, sparty, I can pay you, but you will need to convince me the inactivity win should be counted first.

Edit: For k9, it's not voiding the bet, just voiding the "activity win" itself. Without that point, the final score is 4-4. Is this rocket science math?

Edited by Moetal

"its about motto"

refused for 30min to drop anything even to a mod for our bet, ended up betting 1.8M instead of 5M

you're a coward and your word is worth less than a shiny rat @Parke, you proved it already

but u're right, better take advantage of everything when nobody takes you serious no matter what you do

Edited by Kamimiii
7 minutes ago, Moetal said:

While I am not as rich as I used to be, I still have money I got from kameme and it's honestly a drop in the bucket. What you fail to understand is that it's not about the money. Heck it's never about the money. It's about motto etc. 

Like some people never negotiate with terrorists; I never pay a bet I (feel I) didn't lose. If I owe you anything though, I wouldn't hesitate a second and I would do whatever it takes to pay.

The last minute sub fucked up both matches and we all know it, both match should've been no contests. Again, sparty, I can pay you, but you will need to convince me the inactivity win should be counted first.

Edit: For k9, it's not voiding the bet, just voiding the "activity win" itself. Without that point, the final score is 4-4. Is this rocket science math?

When we make PSL bets on teams, it's kind of built in that you can lose because of one activity decision. If you want to avoid this, simply write that "activity decisions void bet" prior to actually making the bet. 

I, like most others, think you should stop uguuing and pay.

1 minute ago, Kamimiii said:

"its about motto"

refused for 30min to drop anything even to a mod for our bet

you're a coward and your word is worth less than a shiny rat @Parke, you proved it already

Ask said mod what I said to him while you waited. I didn't have 5 million cash so I asked if I could put up Pokémon or items as collateral. Meme more kameme

and the reason why you made everyone wait for 30 mins while being 8 hours late instead of simply saying it in chat ?

you can talk about meme whole day but you will never get what a meme is

mb, you're a pretty good one

5 minutes ago, Moetal said:

If im being honest, losing a bet in the way you did sucks, its happened to me before. I feel like if the rules say the bet was won by spart then it should be paid, even though it looks quite unfair, but if this was the otherway round, I'm sure spart would pay despite it being due to a shitty activity win.

A better rule would be to remove team bets being immune to voided battles and only void team bets if it was won by one single activity battle.

@Moetal, dont take it personal, we had a great last season and I have nothing against u.

as you keep saying the 2 matchs both shouldnt not counted, well I know, shits happens

but is it really fair to us that you send out sub on Sat? especially fak up all 4 players schedule and me/Havs have prepared for a bit and ready to fight

and ye, Spart didnt offer sub when he knows I cant play sparkie, but again, is this fair to us that just send a player to play UU(which might not be his main tier) and got no time to prepare. Not telling that its ur guys fault to send out sub late, but in this scenarios, we got 1 win out of 2 matchs, is it really too much?

sry for my bad english but I hope you get what I mean.

Alright now that I am home, I'll write a bit more since I think I was not being very clear. Yangsam I have nothing against you either, but this is what I see.

First, I want to emphasize it's not about the money; it's about motto. Second, I do not mind "activity win" in normal situation - I just treat the losing side as a coward for not showing up to the match, but this is a special case and I feel it should be voided which I will explain more in detail below. I didn't bother trying to argue with the administration decision as I really don't care enough, but I will explain it here for the sake of this little "bet".

For those who are not familiar with this whole mess, original line up was Havsha vs Predakiller, and yangsam vs Sebat. As Predakiller was unable to play, Eric had him subbed out for xSparkie. As Sebat has more win than xSparkle, Sebat was moved up to play vs Havsha per PSL's rules. Thus @yangsam was scheduled to play against xSparkie as per the rules of PSL.

So what this mean was that the opponent of yangsam was "corrected" by PSL; xSparkie does not count as a sub, and at this very point the two players are reset to a completely clean slate - everything before the sub announcement no longer counts or matters. xSparkie contacts yangsam first, but fail to do it in correct method. Thus, when yangsam contacts xSparkie, yangsam has the initiative and would get activity win if his opponent fails to respond or is not subbed. However, I bet most of you including the host/DOG trio fail to read the fine print:

• Additionally, if your opponent fails to respond within 48 hours they will need to be substituted from the line-up, otherwise they will lose by activity

Even if yangsam has the initiative, his opponent xSparkie has 48 hours to arrange a match with him per the rules of PSL Week Six. Since the match "correction" was made on Saturday, there is less than 48 hours before the deadline is up. Thus, when the week ended, xSparkie technically still has time to arrange a match with yangsam, and an inactivity win cannot be awarded to yangsam.

Again, if you can convince me to think differently, I'm more than happy to pay.

@Kamimiii

dogshit2.pngdogshit.png

Edited by Moetal

i'm wondering why you brought JJ's comp if you wanted to prove your skill

i don't rly think taking someone's team and missplaying the way you did is in your favor, so why'd you mention it ?

also you won 1 game, gg, but it means nothing dude

Edited by Kamimiii
5 hours ago, Moetal said:

Unlike you, I have a full time job and I can't be assed nor do I have time to get more comps for grindmmo.

cmon, you're not fooling any of us. what's this full time job you have, making sure pixels for moemon scale correctly? 

Edited by DiDi
1 hour ago, Moetal said:

xSparkie contacts yangsam first, but fail to do it in correct method. Thus, when yangsam contacts xSparkie, yangsam has the initiative and would get activity win if his opponent fails to respond or is not subbed.

sparkie do need to contact me first but he did it wrong way.

you just cleared this up, I told JJ when this shit happened right away that 2 PM GMT Sun is my last available to play before deadline.(and this is 100% true)

and I do showed up at 2PM GMT and saw sparkie contacted me, I asked Kevola to contact sparkie irl if possible to let this match happend(Kevola can prove) and was on till 4PM. so in these last few hours before, is that Spart's fault to not stay on forums/in game EVERY MOMENT, to know what actually happens and send out a Sub for me, implying we got that player who can just come on to play sparkie?

if we can't make sub, oh so this is no contest ? Why would we take this as on contest if we were able to get win? is this fair to us? You guys brought up this inconvient and not us, and sparkie didnt contact me in right way which means that contact not even count, so how we just gonna reset everything cause just Predakiller simply cant play his match and got 2 no contest match? 

Ya cool, I was talking bout the fact "no time to get more comps for pokemmo" when you had at least 20 times more ressources than me at the time.

Borrowing a team isn't an argument in your favor.

Plus you won one match against me one day. Doesn't make you better than me in any case (especially seeing the way you won the battle, missplaying whole game, pursuiting k9 and stuff). I kept my words after our battle, you're a dogshit, and the whole community witnessed your lack of balls and skill by the time.

It was a great moment for me, I showed everyone I played the best match with the team I had, when you ashamed yourself in missplays and borrowing comps to JJ, that's worthier than 1.8M and Kameme nickname.

u da joke

To put it into perspective 

I lost a bet to Kizhaz last season because Arimanius got hit by an earthquake. Fucked up my week, eventually fucked up my season and it fucked up my bet

Kiz still got his money, because from his perspective he had done nothing wrong, one of my players couldnt make it and his team ultimately won regardless of circumstances

@Moetal, I implore you to pay. It undermines the betting system, it undermines your attempts at a mock PSL and it undermines your integrity. It will be an extremely scummy move to not pay

4 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

To put it into perspective 

I lost a bet to Kizhaz last season because Arimanius got hit by an earthquake. Fucked up my week, eventually fucked up my season and it fucked up my bet

Kiz still got his money, because from his perspective he had done nothing wrong, one of my players couldnt make it and his team ultimately won regardless of circumstances

@Moetal, I implore you to pay. It undermines the betting system, it undermines your attempts at a mock PSL and it undermines your integrity. It will be an extremely scummy move to not pay

I do want to point out the situation between the two is different. While what happened to Arimanius is unfortunate, he did fail to show up for the match in time. One player showed up for match, the other did not - although I personally don't feel Arimanius deserves it considering what happened, it is what it is. In here, both players are available, but cannot find an agreed time to play within the time limit. Neither player are at fault, thus I feel it is more a no-contest than an inactivity win.

I will take your words on undermining the betting system into consideration.

Just now, Moetal said:

I do want to point out the situation between the two is different. While what happened to Arimanius is unfortunate, he did fail to show up for the match in time. One player showed up for match, the other did not - although I personally don't feel Arimanius deserves it considering what happened, it is what it is. In here, both players are available, but cannot find an agreed time to play within the time limit. Neither player are at fault, thus I feel it is more a no-contest than an inactivity win.

I will take your words on undermining the betting system into consideration.

my point wasnt about who made it or not, quite frankly idgaf

what has happened is Spart won a bet, regardless of circumstances... he should be paid