Are weather moves a good idea for pokemon that are not generally going to fight?

Hey everyone!

So... I'm kinda new at this, so don't judge me for asking this: I really want to know if weather moves are a good idea for support pokemon that won't really be fighting that much. I was planning on putting like Sunny Day or something on Blissey (who is going to be healing and buffing the team), but now I'm kinda conflicted. I mean she may as well use it when she's on the field healing or whatever, but then again weather can put me at a disadvantage and switching to another pokemon just to change the weather seems a bit stupid.

Any help is appreciated!

Get Exeggutor with Chlorophyll ability. Use sunny day on Blissey, switch to Exeggutor and benefit with doubled speed and spamming solar beam if needed. Look up more combos like these. Switching to change the weather isn't that stupid as long as you've got a grip of the match and switch in with the right timing (predicting moves and such). 

I wouldn't give it to something like Chansey, as it would limit her support pool. It's generally best to give weather setting to something that'll make use of it in some way, like Rain Dance Ludicolo, or Sunny Day Victreebell. The only weather setter that isn't going to be fighting is probably Castform.

There are pokemon that have a passive ability that works with weather (ie chlorophyll, swift swim). It doubles their speed in the right weather. You want weather moves on that.

Most 'support pokemon' like blissey already have too many support moves to choose from. Aromatherapy, softboiled, seismic toss, thunderwave, toxic, wish, protect, icebeam, thunderbolt, psychic, flamethrower, calm mind. Pick four.

It gets too much necessary shit to choose from to afford to put sunny day on.

If you're not putting the weather on the pokemon that is going to use it, you can always do things like 'suicide lead electrode' where he rain dances, and then either uses it himself and thunders, or explodes, and sets up your rain sweeper.

8 hours ago, EricTheGreat said:

Well usually, you put sunny day on pokemon such as Hitmonchan! You can do whatever you want though

Don't tell people. How else are we supposed to bring out Charizard and destroy teams

Edited by TJXD
  • Mike locked this topic