[MSL] Hype Thread

Moetal

kabu.jpg

The show must go on.

Guess most people is asking what exactly is MSL? MSL stands for Moemoe Super League, a better PokeMMO Super League, where we pit teams of competitors against one another for 9 or more grueling weeks. Managers will select players to duel on their behalf in several tiers such as PokeMMO OU and Showdown DPP OU and VGC. Did I just wrote VGC? Yes, yes I did.

As this is the very first Moemoe Super League, all eight team managers are chosen based on highest contribution or sponsors from the MSL Donation thread. In the sequential seasons, the first place and second place winning team's manager of the previous season will have a choice to be a manager again, regardless of their contribution/sponsors this season. Once PSL 7 ends, I will set up manager sign up sheet and announce the managers shortly after.

Unlike PSL, manager in Moemoe Super League plays a much bigger role. When signing up as manager, your first and most important task would be deciding how much of the reward you are splitting with your team if your team happens to win. You could keep all the winnings if you want and just pay your team under the table afterward (or not at all), or take 50% of the winning yourself and split the remaining 50% to all your players, or even share the winnings with your whole team, or whatever way you want. It's your team and your winnings; it's up to you to decide. However, you must state how you will distribute it in clear black and white in your manager sign up post. 

After that, I’ll put out the player sign-ups thread, where you’ll post your IGN, your timezone, what tiers you can play, and most importantly which team(s) you want to sign up for. Unlike PSL, Moemoe Super League lets players decide which team they want, although it is still up to the manager if they want to recruit. As each manager is splitting the winning pool differently, players might forgo their favorite manager for a manager who pays better. Manager cannot recruit players that did not sign up for them. During this sign up period, managers can reduce their own take portion to entice more players if they notice a lack of sign up for his or her team, but not the other way around. When multiple manager wants the same player, said player gets the final decision on which team he/she will go to.

During the season, players will compete in one match per week, and they’ll have to communicate with their opponent to schedule when that match will take place.

While it’s nice for those with a busy schedule, it is imperative that you schedule and play your matches – don’t let your team down by failing to contact your opponent or being lazy and missing your match! If you do, well... there will be consequences. 

Playoffs:

After the regular season, the top six teams in the standings will compete in the 2-week playoffs, with huge prizes for the winning team. 

The tiers planned will be as follows: 

PokeMMO OU

PokeMMO OU

PokeMMO OU

PokeMMO NU

PokeMMO NU

PokeMMO UU

PokeMMO UU

PokeMMO Doubles

Showdown DPP

Showdown VGC

Showdown Gen 7 Random (Worth 0.1 point for win, tie breaker because tie is just a nice way of saying you're both losers)

More TBA

Ill copy and paste from the other dumbass thread - my continuously updated list

No one take this shit seriously, here are some reasons why:

1. Changing the whole name of the PSL to MSL, an egocentric move that is clearly unnecessary. This just shows Moetal wants to do this to be a part of the community, and sees this as an in to avoid having to wait his turn.
  2. If this fails, this could be the end of PSL forever. If donations are taken, and this stunt flops, no one will want to donate to the new PSL. It will also scare players away from signing up and making a long-term commitment to a once failed project.
  3. PSL takes a lot of time and effort to keep updated, which I don't believe you will do. Current and old hosts have done an excellent job, and I don't know if I see you having what it takes.
  4. There is no reason to just hijack PSL and its current hosts and decision-makers. If they deem you worthy of the job they will contact you, not the other way around. There should be (which have been in the works) a formal search for the next PSL host. It isn't a job to be taken lightly, and after 7 seasons it shouldn't be allowed that just anyone can come and take over. 
  5. Edit: Wait holy shit, you are chosing managers based off of who donates the most? I have no words for that. Absolute stupidity and is another reason why this will ruin PSL.
  6. Lmao players can choose what managers they want to play for? That is going against the whole purpose of what PSL is about. All the LYLE players will choose a LYLE manager, all AW will choose an AW manager, all SASS players will choose a SASS manager. There will be no diversity, and takes all the planning and preparation out of the draft and auction. This whole vision is fucked and I'm starting to think that this is hopefully all a jouk

@Munya you can close this thread now.

Edited by EricTheGreat
16 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

None ofc, since the season wasn't over. I don't think MSL threads should be out yet myself, just pointing out that he's waiting for PSL to end.

We all know how long it took PSL 6 and 7 to get enough donations. If I don't start the collection now, how would we be able to meet the schedule?

1 minute ago, Moetal said:

We all know how long it took PSL 6 and 7 to get enough donations. If I don't start the collection now, how would we be able to meet the schedule?

I dont remember donations taking so long for either. Besides, PSL still has a few weeks left, right? You'd have time to collect. Also, I don't think MSL should start right after PSL ends, give people some time.

18 minutes ago, Moetal said:

Seasons 6 and 7 did not take a long time to get the donations.

Season 1 was funded by like 5 players to get even measely 10 mil prize pool for 1 mil for every winning player and 2 mil for winning manager. Season 2-3 were not easy either. My hosted season 4 I had to sell my shiny shellder to have any shot at my goal of 25 million which I did get after an eter nity. I don't even know how many millions has JJ been at so far (like 50-60 mil at least) and let it be partly of people being familiar with the format and thus willing to donate and partly JJ having a large team with people willing to donate. I'm actually amazed at the size of the prize pool, especially considering the time. Either way, fair enough and good luck with the donations.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.