[UU Discussion] Golem

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

It doesn't really fit any of the uber characteristics, unless you have some sort of argument that a 112 speed golem sweeps a majority of the metagame. So we've been discussing the last couple months whether UU is centralized around golem but its usage was never that problematic (always under 20%) and meganium is good enough to use regardless. In fact, we need to stop focusing so much on meganium's usage because I'm pretty positive that even if we test ban golem, we won't see much (if any) drop in meganiums usage, REGARDLESS of whether golem is actually unhealthy or not.

Now golem's usage has increased, and those who keep uguuing that TC wont ban golem finally found the discussion thread they were supposed to be using for 3 months, so we'll take another whack at it at the next TC meeting later this month. I do think it's kinda strange that for a while people complained UU was too wally, and now everyone is all gung ho about banning the tier's best wallbreaker. I get the argument that it's unhealthy but I'm just saying

Well ive never complained it was wally but yeah I've seen people do that, and honestly I didn't even remember this was open cuz nobody used it lol. But I guess I'll post here more often. Also im pretty sure meganium's usage will not drop a ton but it will definitely drop if golem is not in the tier anymore man. Meganium #1 role is to stop Golem from sweeping. The fact that it has other utilities is secondary. Also I know golem wont sweep good people ( at least )but that's because they take some if not a lot of counter measures for that to not happen. I've never had any problems with golem but just seeing meganium on every team because of it makes me sick and it limits teambuilding a lot.

14 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

so the problem is pursuit trap, should ban that then

No, because that fails to address its lack of recovery,  which makes meganium that much more alluring and viable as one of the few pokemon that can check golem

Tbh, I'm torn. Good players aren't running Golem as often and the bad players are easily predicted. That shouldn't be a marker of whatever it is that gets a mon banned, but UU feels really stable. With the threat of golem, players carry certain defensive cores but their offense is still very diverse. Because of golem, other strong threats have been dampened as well. At least in my opinion. 

golem pretty centralizing imo, youre practically forced to use meganium on every team just to counter golem, and meganium is so easily abused it can pretty much cost you the game. golem also an op lead unless you counter lead it, and if youre not prepared for golem you practially have to sac like 1.5 pokes in order to kill it

When will we get the tier update? Is it today or tommorow? Cuz, you know- Absol qualifier, dunno if usage moves will screw my teambuilding plans kek

E:

nvm just read above post, I practically just woke up, sorry ;_;

Edited by RysPicz
4 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

When will we get the tier update? Is it today or tommorow? Cuz, you know- Absol qualifier, dunno if usage moves will screw my teambuilding plans kek

E:

nvm just read above post, I practically just woke up, sorry ;_;

Yeah any tournaments today(the 2nd) will use what is already listed so you will be safe.

• Mike locked this topic
  • Munya pinned this topic