[MSL] Donation Thread

Moetal

What is this?

It's a thread dedicated to the donations from the community to fund the very first season of Moemoe Super League. 

Why?

Because PSL's rules and iron fist host are horrifying, and people asked for it etc etc.

How?

Donate to "Moetal" using the in-game mail system. Be sure to title it MSL or I'm going to think you're just a nice person and I'm going to keep that money. Any donation helps, whether it's 25k or 25M. 

ETA on Moemoe Super League?

As soon PSL7 is over. Let's make this happen folks.

Total Donations: 201,420 zeny + items

TJXD - 100K + TM02 Dragon Claw (sponsoring Murcielago)

Aimi - 50k + x6 TM41 Torment

LuisPocho - 50k + 1 repel

TheFireLion - 666 zeny + x7 escape rope

Elcoolio - 365 zeny + x2 Deepseascale

Sialia - 300 zeny + x3 escape rope

Rigamorty - 69 zeny + x1 escape rope

MijailRico - 10 zeny

Nodriot - 10 zeny

Folks love escape ropes, apparently.

Edited by Moetal

No one take this shit seriously, here are some reasons why:

1. Changing the whole name of the PSL to MSL, an egocentric move that is clearly unnecessary. This just shows Moetal wants to do this to be a part of the community, and sees this as an in to avoid having to wait his turn.
  2. If this fails, this could be the end of PSL forever. If donations are taken, and this stunt flops, no one will want to donate to the new PSL. It will also scare players away from signing up and making a long-term commitment to a once failed project.
  3. PSL takes a lot of time and effort to keep updated, which I don't believe you will do. Current and old hosts have done an excellent job, and I don't know if I see you having what it takes.
  4. There is no reason to just hijack PSL and its current hosts and decision-makers. If they deem you worthy of the job they will contact you, not the other way around. There should be (which have been in the works) a formal search for the next PSL host. It isn't a job to be taken lightly, and after 7 seasons it shouldn't be allowed that just anyone can come and take over. 
  5. Edit: Wait holy shit, you are chosing managers based off of who donates the most? I have no words for that. Absolute stupidity and is another reason why this will ruin PSL.
  6. Lmao players can choose what managers they want to play for? That is going against the whole purpose of what PSL is about. All the LYLE players will choose a LYLE manager, all AW will choose an AW manager, all SASS players will choose a SASS manager. There will be no diversity, and takes all the planning and preparation out of the draft and auction. This whole vision is fucked and I'm starting to think that this is hopefully all a jouk

@Munya you can close this thread now.

Edited by EricTheGreat
6 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

No one take this shit seriously, here are some reasons why:

1. Changing the whole name of the PSL to MSL, an egocentric move that is clearly unnecessary. This just shows Moetal wants to do this to be a part of the community, and sees this as an in to avoid having to wait his turn.
  2. If this fails, this could be the end of PSL forever. If donations are taken, and this stunt flops, no one will want to donate to the new PSL. It will also scare players away from signing up and making a long-term commitment to a once failed project.
  3. PSL takes a lot of time and effort to keep updated, which I don't believe you will do. Current and old hosts have done an excellent job, and I don't know if I see you having what it takes.
  4. There is no reason to just hijack PSL and its current hosts and decision-makers. If they deem you worthy of the job they will contact you, not the other way around. There should be (which have been in the works) a formal search for the next PSL host. It isn't a job to be taken lightly, and after 7 seasons it shouldn't be allowed that just anyone can come and take over. 
  5. Edit: Wait holy shit, you are chosing managers based off of who donates the most? I have no words for that. Absolute stupidity and is another reason why this will ruin PSL.

@Munya you can close this thread now.

1. Changing the whole name of Smogon Premier League to PSL was unnecessary either, but I don't see anyone complaining.

2. MSL is a separate series from PSL. MSL does not intend to replace PSL and you are welcome to continue with PSL891011 after PSL7. It's almost like you're trying to argue World Cup will ruin Super Bowl.

3. I ran Moemon Revivial Project for four years now. What right do you have to say I do not have the patience, time or effort to keep MSL updated?

4. As I mentioned, you are welcome to continue with PSL891011. There is no rule that says I cannot host my own series.

5. Managers are chosen based off of who donate the most or sponsored by the most. Just like in real sports, the rich owns the team. Let me know when you decide to venture out into the real world one day, I can show you the ropes.

@Munya you may delete Eric's post and give him a warning point for trolling now.

2 hours ago, Moetal said:

1. Changing the whole name of Smogon Premier League to PSL was unnecessary either, but I don't see anyone complaining.

2. MSL is a separate series from PSL. MSL does not intend to replace PSL and you are welcome to continue with PSL891011 after PSL7. It's almost like you're trying to argue World Cup will ruin Super Bowl.

3. I ran Moemon Revivial Project for four years now. What right do you have to say I do not have the patience, time or effort to keep MSL updated?

4. As I mentioned, you are welcome to continue with PSL891011. There is no rule that says I cannot host my own series.

5. Managers are chosen based off of who donate the most or sponsored by the most. Just like in real sports, the rich owns the team. Let me know when you decide to venture out into the real world one day, I can show you the ropes.

@Munya you may delete Eric's post and give him a warning point for trolling now.

I initially thought this was just a half-assed joke trying to show the displeasure for some of the decisions made this season in a lame way but fair enough. Since you actually seem to be serious opening up multiple threads about this and while sounding like you're actually seriously arguing about things I guess I'll need to address a few things.

No one has a problem if you decide to host a tournament series. In fact, tournaments are always good. Why the fuck is there this necessary parallel to PSL, though? PSL has existed for 7 seasons, with 4 different hosts and has been the very reason why so many people that stopped giving fucks about this game came back to this game just for the PSL. It is the biggest event of this game and best of all, it's made unofficially. For 7 seasons. This event is something the PokeMMO administrations cannot and will not ever be able to host, this event is something else than those simple 64 man brackets where you just play and try to win. All of this needs to be disregarded in your opinion just because some decisions were made that you don't agree with. I know it's very trendy currently to hate on the host when they made a decision you don't agree with but implying that making your self-named copy of PSL could easily just replace PSL is just ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

If a bunch of irrelevant, washed up, has been players want to make a league called the "PSL" I see no reason why this individual cannot make their own league.

You mean the one you signed up for and didn't get drafted?

1 minute ago, Murcielago said:

Yup, exactly, mr "I created a thread and claim to be a top 10 ou player"

Where did I make those claims tho? It's only statistics. So far in 2017 I got 1 more official final in OU than pretty much everyone else on this game does, but we're still in March so it's kind of irrevelant and also kind of funny that you're salty because of it. Bit of advice tho, should stop playing ranked and try doing good in officials, maybe your name will be there someday. Maybe not.

Oh yes, lifestyle... oh yes, one day I can win a 2x31, 4x25 "comp" with different pixel shading and have you, yes you... Lifestyle! yes you! list me as one of the "BEST POKEMON PLAYERS OF ALL TIME"

I cannot wait to do this!  I'm starting to see where you get the name "Lifestyle" from.... Your lifestyle obviously involves signing up to every pokemmo official you possibly can.t.

There is really no need to carry on with this.  You think your good at this game, I don't.  You think the PSL is relevant, I don't. 

At the end of the day, this individual wants to host their own series and there is nothing wrong with that.  I'm not salty about anything other than witnessing the same "usual suspects" gang up on and harass someone who has a different viewpoint than them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.