Make Shinies rarer again

sherdoonach

I think we all agree that shinies have become too common. my suggestion is that common shinies and horde shinies have higher rates than rarer shinies in order to reduce the amount of common/horde shinies that are appearing multiple times a day. this should raise the value of shinies because we can all agree that 1m shinies are unfair prices for pokemon some people with 5000+ hours have never found. Ideally, all shinies would become astronomically rarer in order to provide a boost to their value.

36 minutes ago, sherdoonach said:

I think we all agree that shinies have become too common. my suggestion is that common shinies and horde shinies have higher rates than rarer shinies in order to reduce the amount of common/horde shinies that are appearing multiple times a day. this should raise the value of shinies because we can all agree that 1m shinies are unfair prices for pokemon some people with 5000+ hours have never found. Ideally, all shinies would become astronomically rarer in order to provide a boost to their value.

oh i already got horde shinies that i wanted bump up the rate is good idea!!!!

no, go away, seriously lmfao

Just now, sherdoonach said:

no i think its best for the game, suggested rate 1/200,000. and believe me, there is many more horde shinies i want to get.

game is already beyond dead wtf would making shinies even harder to get do?

horde pokes are meant to be shit tier, thats why they're all relatively cheap

get over it, this would do nothing for the game other than deter people from doing hordes whatsoever

tbh its not like the game values shinies so low

idk why people would ever sell their ot rat for 1mil if it wasn't 'common knowledge' that it's complete trash

it's only worth so little because people keep repeating and repeating that it's worth so little

I think it'd be more rewarding to have higher chances of finding a shiny with a more effective shiny sink. no ot in four years is ridiculous. Shinies aren't even part of gameplay.

But there's a disadvantage when shiny hording cause you can't choose the specific pokemon you want unless it only has that pokemon.

I don't think shiny rate is common, it's just that players have been shiny hunting.

Also as Kyu stated before, having 5000+ hours does not increase your rate of finding a shiny.

It's all to rng. 

Why would you want to value shiny higher? Competitive is the biggest end game and most people dont even have enough comps to be able to pay for a 40m shiny. The distance between comp and shiny trading is ridiculous

Edited by Bilburt
Englando

Currently there are much shiny hunters doing the same thing, day for day, month for month, getting over 100.000 encounters, just for one thing, a shiny. Shiny hunting is already demotivating enough.

The current shiny rate is the reason I stopped shiny hunting and now I am doing nothing else than hanging out in Vermillion city. I don't even really care which Poke one of my OTs is, the fact they are OT was my only motivation for shiny hunting. Just keep your shinys and tell your friends: "I did it.", instead selling them for 1 Million PokeDollars.

Shiny trading would also be less intresting, cause no one could manage these high shiny prices.

Your suggestion would hurt the game pretty much.

Edited by BilllaBong