[PSL 7] Week Six

58 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I'm sorry you find my posts obnoxious, but that's the way it is and I would also argue that a PSL without drama would be disappointing for many.

Just speaking for myself here but this isn't the kind of drama I want

35 minutes ago, gbwead said:

As for Gunthug, whenever I speak to him, I can just tell he knows he fucked up even though he will never say it.

Oh I'll absolutely admit it: I fucked up. I never should have left rotom in on celebi, knowing I had no speed investment and that I'd likely take the para. I also shouldn't have brought a team so weak to taunt gyara, but 20/20 hindsight. I also did not make the wrong call regarding zeikooo, and I think you know that - but you'll never admit it 

51 minutes ago, gbwead said:

The comparison is very relevant since you just admitted that the decision regarding Dolittle could be considered as a mistake. That is how I feel about the decision about Zeikooo and it just happened that Eric had the two players. Whether it is bias or lack of judgement, a mistake remains a mistake. In this case, one mistake goes Eric's way and the other also goes Eric's way while screwing me in the process. This is deja vu for me which is why I am complaining and if I had not done so, no one would have acknowledge the mistake made here.

I don't think the host decision regarding Dolittle was a mistake. The standard in PSL has been that the host believes the manager about stuff like this and JJ believed Eric about Dolittle being inactive. Eric and Dolittle had completely different definition of what being active means. Another one considered activeness being actually active in team PM, another one considered that as long as they do their required tasks they're active. I actually incline to agree with Dolittle about his definition of inactivity, especially if he wasn't directly confronted before the inactivity was claimed.

You feel as the zeikooo decision was a mistake, that's fine. I don't.

There is nothing toxic about complaining about decisions taken by authorities. That's how civilized societies fonction and grow. As for JJ, when I confronted him about him reporting me to staff, he went into a balistic monologue and blocked me. The guy doesn't want to do anything with people that disagree with him and that is imo toxic. Fighting for what I believe in is not. I also told JJ many times that if he doesn't want me to post, he just has to ignore me. If he talks about me, that's because he wants a reaction, so it goes both ways. As for Gunthug, whenever I speak to him, I can just tell he knows he fucked up even though he will never say it.

I have no problem with you arguing about the decision that was made. Well, as long as it stays within some reasonable boundaries. When you first started to plead your case in manager PM I didn't want to comment about it because I considered you have your right to make your case about this. We honestly considered what you said but all things considered we ended up staying in the outcome we did. The point where I lost my respect towards you was when you started to personal attack JJ and gunthug and this was when I felt I needed to jump in. I'll admit I have no idea about the history of you guys in total but what I'm seeing you write in public is not what I can respect.

I'm sorry you find my posts obnoxious, but that's the way it is and I would also argue that a PSL without drama would be disappointing for many.

There's drama and then there's..... drama.

I swear if i had screen of the debates I had with GB while talking about zeikooo buy during midseason i would take plenty of my time to translate them all. You could then read me screaming to gb not to buy him for as many reasons as there are GB's cromplaining posts in the PSL threads. Unfortunately, I don't have these screening-everything-said-in-private-in-case-I-could-use-it sickness.

My point was that he is not anymore playing comp, he could be a spy for Yub's and/or Osuki's teams, and that I wouldn't want to share a potential winning part with him for kind of obvious relationship reasons (even if i don't hold such a grudge over him anyway).

But he argued he wanted to make other managers pay more to buy him. Or he would get a cheap and potential every tiers sub that could maybe get nice wins beeing helped in teambuilding by Osuki and Yubelll. He indeed told me too that he wouldn't include him to PMs for the reason exposed above. Seeing our situation now, with Orange who can't make it everyweek, we're very restricted in our weekly teambuilding, it was the good move. While it's often not the case, I was impulsive and emotionnal on it. GB, however, was calm, strategical and acting as a good manager putting his feelings towards Zeikooo asides.

So I understand that you want to protect players and I find this great. I also understand how you're feeling towards GB, which is more or less deserved. Nevertheless, you can't punish someone who hasn't done anything yet, even if you feel and think it's the best way to handle the situation. You can warn him, you can tell him he'll be punished by whatever rule you can inforce. That's something you didn't take the time to do or were not willing to do. But that's a mistake which justifies GB's attitude right now : you can't punish something that hasn't been done yet.

Now that we have a precedent on the defense of the possibility for a player to play, you should stick to it. What Eric has done (and I don't give any ethical judgement on it) doesn't fit the spirit of the precedent you've made. That's what is bothering me, and GB too according to what I've read.

I don't know what are you possible moves now. But the treatment of GB in this case can be objectively deemed unfair now that we can compare it with what Eric did. So up to you to try to make it right. Or not. But you can't blame GB for attacking you on this.

Besides this, I still like how you host PSL JJ, and how Gunth and Orange hosted it as well. I just feel like it's even good for the sake of PSL to criticize how it is hosted and ruled for acknowledging our mistakes and work on it.

Btw, me vs super @NikhilR, for what's gonna be a great UU game, is settled for Sunday, France early evening (7pm GMT more or less, we'll see when it's the moment).

Edited by Guerinf
2 hours ago, Munya said:

Can we drop the high levels of toxicity.  If you don't like the way someone hosts a player run event say your word and if their mind doesn't change suck it up and move on. If you make a decision and somebody partaking in the event doesn't like your decision after you've explained why you've made that decision, suck it up and move on and stop responding.

Alright, guess it's time for Moemoe Super League. I'll be collecting donations now, send your money to Moetal, thread will be up later today.

@Guerinf

For most of your comment I say fair enough but a little correction is that gb was only warned about the whole zeikooo incident. Gb lost zeikooo as a player to protect zeikooo from being purposely benched (the rule JJ made before the season) and the reason why gb lost the 1k credits was that otherwise he would have suffered no consequences on his failed attempt to get someone pay more for zeikooo. These aforementioned things were not done with intentions to punish gb.

Edited by OrangeManiac
24 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

The point where I lost my respect towards you was when you started to personal attack JJ and gunthug and this was when I felt I needed to jump in.

And like I said before, there is always something personal when believing in the worst in people. That's what all three of you did with me by making the assumption that I would inevitably break a rule. Furthermore, considering that the announcement made by JJ is imo slander, I don't see anything wrong with fighting back. It was personal from the start. I'm not sorry at all.

@Guerinf

Thanks man, I know you hate when I'm being an uguu on the forum, so I really appreciate your post.

12 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

@Guerinf

For most of your comment I say fair enough but a little correction is that gb was only warned about the whole zeikooo incident. Gb lost zeikooo as a player to protect zeikooo from being purposely benched (the rule JJ made before the season) and the reason why gb lost the 1k credits was that otherwise he would have suffered no consequences on his failed attempt to get someone pay more for zeikooo. These following things were not done to punish gb at all.

How do you tell if a player is being purposely benched? I mean there are plenty of player that are bought and do not play. Tell me if I'm mistaking, but you could punish managers for purposely benching Daryl, Hota and others. The ability of the host and the small council to decide arbitrarly and based on assumptions this seems kind of overpowerfull to me. And moreover opened to a great subjectiveness. So giving so much grey area to the host is for me something that should be review next season as it's opened windows for undesired mistakes.

And to be honest, the best way to not being purposely benched is to win. Because, no one gonna buy someone 10k to purposely bench him.

Spoiler

The market doesn't regulate itself tho, don't make me feel like a poor Friedman uguu sucker

Edited by Guerinf
10 minutes ago, Guerinf said:

How do you tell if a player is being purposely benched? I mean there are plenty of player that are bought and do not play. Tell me if I'm mistaking, but you could punish managers for purposely benching Daryl, Hota and others. The ability of the host and the small council to decide arbitrarly and based on assumptions this seems kind of overpowerfull to me. And moreover opened to a great subjectiveness. So giving so much grey area to the host is for me something that should be review next season.

And to be honest, the best way to not being purposely benched is to win. Because, no one gonna buy someone 10k to purposely bench him.

Hide contents

The market doesn't regulate itself tho, don't make me feel like a poor Friedman uguu sucker

Gb admitted himself of wanting to release zeikooo with the way that no other manager would be able to get him. I'll actually admit it's kind of hard to determine when someone has been bought to be benched since there is a large amount of players who just won't get any playing time. But gb openly admitted of wanting to do this. Therefor JJ made his actions because having someone locked in your team while you're gonna tell them they're never gonna be allowed to play and in addition is going to be released before the season ends is just straight up bullying from manager position. JJ does not want to endorse bullying as a host and I agree his decision regarding it.

Edit: I'll admit there might be some managers who are doing the same thing and not admitting it. That's just too bad, nothing can be done there though. It's violation of the rules in the same way.

Double edit: I don't know how things are between gb and zeikooo. I don't want to make any assumptions that gb is some kind of a instigator towards some kind of a bullying towards zeikooo. I just take it as those two won't get along together and that's all when I don't know more. However, from PSL host perspective you have to treat it like bullying.

Edited by OrangeManiac

@Guerinf you'll never be able to fully remove the subjectiveness of some of the hosts decisions in PSL, it's just too hard to account for any given scenario. Sadly it's a necessary evil and sometimes hard decisions have to be made that leave one side unhappy. The unhappy side can dwell on it and refuse to let it go, or refocus and put it behind them. I won't comment on which one of those options I think would be wise here, though it's probably obvious (and I'm sure members of gb's team have opinions on that as well, even if they've only expressed as much in private) 

I've been thinking about the purposely benching thing and while it wouldn't help in this season or this situation, why not make it a requirement next season that any player that is bought has to be played at least once in a season(actually put in a  lineup, not subbed in), be it with the team that bought them or the team they are traded to.

1 minute ago, Munya said:

I've been thinking about the purposely benching thing and while it wouldn't help in this season or this situation, why not make it a requirement next season that any player that is bought has to be played at least once in a season(actually put in a  lineup, not subbed in), be it with the team that bought them or the team they are traded to.

I spoke with ThinkNice about this a long time ago somewhere between season 1-3, and if I recall correctly we didn't feel it was necessary considering players are big kids and can live with being on the bench should their opportunity never come up. We both felt that forcing managers to play all of their players may actually hurt the manager's team but now that we have 10 tiers, I think the "downside" of playing subpar players is a bit less. 

Regardless, I think we overlooked the aspect that managers could be ass clowns and want to buy someone to deliberately bench them. Considering this, and the drama this season, I was actually just about to post what you said. I think it's time we do put a restriction that every player in the PSL get an opportunity to play at least once. While this won't be the answer to our current situation, it might remedy it just a bit in future seasons.

8 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Gb admitted himself of wanting to release zeikooo with the way that no other manager would be able to get him. I'll actually admit it's kind of hard to determine when someone has been bought to be benched since there is a large amount of players who just won't get any playing time. But gb openly admitted of wanting to do this. Therefor JJ made his actions because having someone locked in your team while you're gonna tell them they're never gonna be allowed to play and in addition is going to be released before the season ends is just straight up bullying from manager position. JJ does not want to endorse bullying as a host and I agree his decision regarding it.

Edit: I'll admit there might be some managers who are doing the same thing and not admitting it. That's just too bad, nothing can be done there though. It's violation of the rules in the same way.

Why would I ever release a player if that meant this player could then play for another team? There is no reason to do so. Which is why I brought this up during the auction, not after. If I was going to release Zeikooo to prevent him from playing, why would I do that during the auction? I'm even the one that brought up the idea of putting Zeikooo back in the auction, so I was trying to get something out of it. 

10 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

(and I'm sure members of gb's team have opinions on that as well, even if they've only expressed as much in private) 

The members of my team are free to speak publicly as they wish and this should go without saying. Orange is in my team for instance and, even though he lost respect for me, that doesn't mean I'm going to bench him or release him maliciously.