New Horde Pokemon

Parke

Question

Just a suggestion, but thinking that this could be a thing that might be cool to have implemented. I'm sure it'll probably be overlooked but thought I'd make my case anyways. I feel as if it'd be cool if devs were to add more horde pokemon into the game. I get that "we cant add x hordes in because it'll devalue it so much etc etc" i get that. That's not what I mean at all, by this. Like, the idea i had in mind is, use spots where pokemon are already there, and add more pokemon there, will give people who shiny hunt alot in the game which I assume is a pretty high percentage at this rate somewhere new to hunt.

Like, a few pokemon I had in mind that this would work for would be, Abras, Sentrets, Natu, Woopers, Swinub, Spinda, Magikarp, Phanpy, Aron - on top of that there's obviously the option to add some rarer hordes of pokemon that appear in the wild also, like Kecleon, Tropius, Shroomish, Slakoth etc.

Where I get this can/will affect the prices of some of the pokemon, adding a new region (which is coming) will do so anyways for a great deal of them. So why not give us something new, that'll keep people happy & not involve a great deal of hastle to do so.

15 answers to this question

Just now, Suneet said:

I think Parke's just tired of catching so many shiny rats in hordes

On a serious note tho, please implement this, same old hordes are getting boring

I just want new places for to hunt tbh

That would be a change I would like pretty much.

Once there was hordes like, Mantine,  Farfetch’d, Misdreavus, Tyrogue... Nowadays everyone is hunting the same type: Vulpix/Growlithe,  Mawil/Sableye, Ditto, Heracross...

Simply remove some current hordes and add some new/old (Mantine, Farfetch'd...) and the sweet scent hunting would be much more intresting again.

Here is another idea that I remember:

3 minutes ago, BilllaBong said:

That would be a change I would like pretty much.

Once there was hordes like, Mantine,  Farfetch’d, Misdreavus, Tyrogue... Nowadays everyone is hunting the same type: Vulpix/Growlithe,  Mawil/Sableye, Ditto, Heracross...

Simply remove some current hordes and add some new/old (Mantine, Farfetch'd...) and the sweet scent hunting would be much more intresting again.

Here is another idea that I remember:

That could be cool, like timer hordes. Just something new, thats all I want tbh

2 hours ago, Parke said:

"we cant add x hordes in because it'll devalue it so much etc etc"

I think this is the current staff global opinion.

Imo, we should at least question, is it that bad ? Shiny hunting is a thing in this game.

I'm a shiny hunter, and I'm not a shiny trader. This must have oriented my opinion, anyway, this is a forum, let's just talk.

The question is : What is the most important from PokeMMO staff vision of the game : Shiny hunting or Shiny trading ? Or is the "balance" currently ok ? (as a shiny hunter, I would say that more variety would be really cool).

(if only we admit that the value variation is a bad thing, which isnt that clear to me)

13 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

should be better if staff remove  vulpix and growlithe hordes..it's sad see 2 nice shiny dropping, but i agree with parke for new hordes places except for aron :l

#lubmyenglishguysbb

But they just cant.

When they add something, they know they won't be able to remove it, except if it's REALLY ruining the game. (#6hCDgyms)

(You know this "give the child a lollipop and then take it back" thing)

20 minutes ago, RyukoNotsunaga said:

I could definitely see additions to some of the Pokémon being available in hordes being a good thing. If they do add any new hordes, I'm hoping they bring back the Ledyba/Ledian hordes to Pattern Bush. I need those hordes back in my life, so I can hunt for my Shiny Ledian easier. It's painful to see that the Beautifly hordes ate them all. :3.

boy beautifly horde = you evs sp atk so fast

On 04/03/2017 at 11:13 PM, Parke said:

Just a suggestion, but thinking that this could be a thing that might be cool to have implemented. I'm sure it'll probably be overlooked but thought I'd make my case anyways. I feel as if it'd be cool if devs were to add more horde pokemon into the game. I get that "we cant add x hordes in because it'll devalue it so much etc etc" i get that. That's not what I mean at all, by this. Like, the idea i had in mind is, use spots where pokemon are already there, and add more pokemon there, will give people who shiny hunt alot in the game which I assume is a pretty high percentage at this rate somewhere new to hunt.

Like, a few pokemon I had in mind that this would work for would be, Abras, Sentrets, Natu, Woopers, Swinub, Spinda, Magikarp, Phanpy, Aron - on top of that there's obviously the option to add some rarer hordes of pokemon that appear in the wild also, like Kecleon, Tropius, Shroomish, Slakoth etc.

Where I get this can/will affect the prices of some of the pokemon, adding a new region (which is coming) will do so anyways for a great deal of them. So why not give us something new, that'll keep people happy & not involve a great deal of hastle to do so.

Or they could rotate where the hordes occur. Meaning that you have a short time to hunt each specific location. 

Obviously they should only do this for relatively common shinies, but would give you multiple locations where you can hunt hordes without really devaluing the more common shinies that would appear. 

For example they could remove Grow/Pix/spheal/sableye hordes and replace them with others. Thus never really destroying the value of any pokemon.