Best of 2017

4 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Do talented players lose to players like this? You bet your ass they do. And why? Simply because you can't predict a random like you can predict a Walpayer or an Aerun. Their plays are unexpected because they don't know what the right play is. 

This is wrong. Good players should be able to understand the skill of the other player in some turns. Even more if the gap on this skill is high.

Once you figure that out (And a good player should do it quickly), predicting such bad players is even easier than predicting good names.

I get what you say though, when you are used to predict good plays for hundredths of games, you feel tempted to predict by the same way agains low elo players, but that´s absolutely no excuse for why they lose for them.

Just now, pachima said:

This is wrong. Good players should be able to understand the skill of the other player in some turns. Even more if the gap on this skill is high.

Once you figure that out (And a good player should do it quickly), predicting such bad players is even easier than predicting good names.

I get what you say though, when you are used to predict good plays for hundredths of games, you feel tempted to predict by the same way agains low elo players, but that´s absolutely no excuse for why they lose for them.

And this is the difference between highly offensive teams and stale as fuck, super safe and easy stall teams. When I overpredict a random, it could cost me the match simply because he stayed with his Heracross on my Charizard and I happened to HP Electric his ass when he used Rock Slide with Leftovers. One misplay with offense could cost you the match. A dumb stall team has the benefit of tanking any number of dumb plays. 

And to tackle your last point, I'm not saying it's the only reason a good player loses to a bad player, I'm just saying it certainly makes a difference. 

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

And this is the difference between highly offensive teams and stale as fuck, super safe and easy stall teams.

I´m not saying you are wrong, but you know? From everyone you could direct that statement, I´m probably the one you shouldn´t do.

I´m well aware what the risks of hyper offensive are, but again, if the gap on skill is high, even if you lose one poke because such bullshit, you should overcome the duel quickly.

Even noobs have their own playstyle. If you can´t figure it out, then you are not good enough.

Not using it against you in particular, so don´t be offended, and I don´t  doubt there are people who lost their games because of this.

I´m just saying that after countless games, the amount of games where , if you are good enough, you get fucked cause the opponent is a total beast, becomes irrelevant, and hence, we shouldn´t even be discussing it here.

6 minutes ago, pachima said:

Mfw a 5 hit pin missile lefties jolteon killed my kazam

8 minutes ago, pachima said:

I´m not saying you are wrong, but you know? From everyone you could direct that statement, I´m probably the one you shouldn´t do.

I´m well aware what the risks of hyper offensive are, but again, if the gap on skill is high, even if you lose one poke because such bullshit, you should overcome the duel quickly.

Even noobs have their own playstyle. If you can´t figure it out, then you are not good enough.

Not using it against you in particular, so don´t be offended, and I don´t  doubt there are people who lost their games because of this.

I´m just saying that after countless games, the amount of games where , if you are good enough, you get fucked cause the opponent is a total beast, becomes irrelevant, and hence, we shouldn´t even be discussing it here.

Brotein shake, we all focus on our losses rather than our wins. It leaves a bigger lasting impact, so ofc we're going to obsess over those. If we counted the number of times we beat players like that, well it simply doesn't matter because we are in fact better. But when you lose to a pleb, you're like fuck me. 

6 hours ago, Bearminator said:

y known good players won shinies they desire and are not taking part in tournaments because of that or because of boredom. We can see new players rise,heck, in last Team Tournament a lot old players were asking "who is this random team in TT bracket"

No, it's cause those randoms actually play the game.

1 hour ago, Murcielago said:

@KaynineXL - Thats fair.  Not sure why your so mad about this... and you think your good but you personally cannot get above rank #75 to save your life...

IMO:

Beating frags 3x in a row as he intentionally ques against you with counter teams and has Aw back him to force the match (in ranked)  >> winning official 6 mo ago.

Winning official event w/o any help >> Winning official event with the backing of established team.

At the end of the day:

Superior player = smashes inferior player

It shouldn't matter the format.

If you actually read my posts you will notice I make no claim (in this thread at least?) who is actually good at the game.  Certainly, in the past, I have not censored my beliefs that i am better than many of these "top ou players" but this should be neither here nor there.

I am of the sincere belief that @LifeStyle is doing us all a favor by putting this list together.  But thats all it is, a list.  Just like Ranked leader board is just a list.  In order for it to mean anything you need to take its pulse and understand the players and who is doing what...

I played ranked OU for a few days one time and went rank 11. It was piss easy. Ranked is meaningless. I was also ranked 2 in NU before until people stopped playing it. The whole "I can't get passed rank 75" doesn't work for me bud, but please, try again.

Its adorable how you talk like it's so easy despite the fact you've accomplished nothing but continue to try and belittle other peoples accomplishments(even if they've not spoke about them).

7 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I played ranked OU for a few days one time and went rank 11. It was piss easy. Ranked is meaningless. I was also ranked 2 in NU before until people stopped playing it. The whole "I can't get passed rank 75" doesn't work for me bud, but please, try again.

Its adorable how you talk like it's so easy despite the fact you've accomplished nothing but continue to try and belittle other peoples accomplishments(even if they've not spoke about them).

But did you already do your push ups? 

5 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Kaynine pls, @Murcielago has played the same 20 guys hundreds of times though. In all reality, all of us probably suck at competitive pokemon and that's just a reflection of how the competitive scene is today. 

#JJforGM#JJforCompetitiveMaestro#makecompgreatagain

2 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Dude, if you cannot handle a candid response to how I as a player perceive you, as a player.  by watching your matches, spectating you, and generally noticing the leader board trend that you occasionally breach into the top 100-90 then fall back down again... well you shouldn't refer to me as a "random who achieved nothing blah blah blah"

BTW... I have heard rumors that you have been eating lots of steaks and lifting weights and can now easily do over 85 pushups.  Very impressive man, keep up the good work :)

2 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Kaynine pls, @Murcielago has played the same 20 guys hundreds of times though. In all reality, all of us probably suck at competitive pokemon and that's just a reflection of how the competitive scene is today. 

#JJforGM#JJforCompetitiveMaestro#makecompgreatagain

Its true.  We literally have a server full of players and yet, no one has been able to set up a squad to stop Aw in OU.  This shit needs to change.

1 hour ago, Murcielago said:

Dude, if you cannot handle a candid response to how I as a player perceive you, as a player.  by watching your matches, spectating you, and generally noticing the leader board trend that you occasionally breach into the top 100-90 then fall back down again... well you shouldn't refer to me as a "random who achieved nothing blah blah blah"

BTW... I have heard rumors that you have been eating lots of steaks and lifting weights and can now easily do over 85 pushups.  Very impressive man, keep up the good work :)

Lol I mean, I've probably played like 4 ranked games in the past 4 months(coupled with maybe 1 ou officials in there) so yeh, really wouldn't be shocking news to me. I love how you determine how shit I am when I very rarely play, only a shitter meathead like yourself could do that since what other grounds do you have to use against me.

April: 

Tentacool's Cool Tournament ~Bracket ~1st Place Frags - 2nd Place PikachuKetchum [PVP]

Friday Night Throwdown VII ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place Yubelllllllllll - 2nd Place Artemiseta  [PVP]

NU Rumble #4 ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place xSparkie - 2nd Place pachima [PVP]

Linoone's High Noon [OU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place chechof - 2nd Place BullDogBlue [PVP]

Crobat's Cave Rumble [UU] Bracket ~ 1st Place Mlhawk  - 2nd Place Predakiller [PVP]

Perry's late nights #1 Bracket ~ 1st Place Frags - 2nd Place AnibaI [PVP] 

Flying PokéBalls [NU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place enchanteur - 2nd Place yaritan [PVP] 

Little Cup League #8 ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place OrangeManiac - 2nd Place Mkns [PVP] 

Marill's Bubble Party [UU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place DoubleJ - 2nd Place SejuaniSupport [PVP]  

Hoppip's NU Doubles Battle ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place Lkrenz - 2nd Place aftershocker [PVP]  

Someone Has Been Eating Their Spinach [UU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place Raaidn - 2nd Place Wiriketchup [PVP]  

Swinub's Taiga Showdown [NU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place Redav - 2nd Place Belieberboy [PVP] 

OU Leaderboard Tournament #2 Bracket ~ 1st Place iniyasha - 2nd Place geniculata [PVP]

Donphan's Rollout [UU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place EpicVerde - 2nd Place Mirfos [PVP]

Updated stats, +2.3 for 1st place in 128 mans, +0.7 for 2nd in 128 mans, +2 for 1st place in 64 mans, +0.5 for 2nd in 64 mans, blah blah you know the drill.

Staff 2 lazy to put last 3 OU qualis in HoF but I added those to rankings anyways, so:

Q6: Frags +1 stairway +0.5

Q7: BlueBreath +1 XxxDragonDarkxxX +0.5

Q8: belieberboy +1 MurcielagoSV +0.5

And finally:

The Legend of the Steel Bird Finale:

bronze-trophy-icon-56134.png 1st Place: stairway bronze-trophy-icon-56134.png

2nd Place: ZDFire

3rd Place: BlueBreath

1st Place gets +3, 2nd Place gets +2, 3rd Place gets +1.5

Congratulations to all.

• 4 weeks later...

May almost ending, can already see Top10 guys growing quicker than the rest of the competition. Most notable changes that we'll see happening this month:

NikhilR - From 2.1 to 6.1 - Boy stopped slacking and is finally getting wins, May was by far his best month this year getting 2 official wins, will he keep up?

LifeStyle - From 6.2 to 9 - Won a 128 man OU tourney and choked in a NU final, just one win away (or 2 more chokes) from reaching that 10 point mark.

Frags - From 14.8 to 19.1 - Stop playing dude, you win too much.

EpicVerde - From 6.85 to 9.55 - Usually you'd expect him to steal those UU wins, but that didn't happen this month. Still going to place #1 in UU rankings tho.

BurntZebra - From 5.5 to 8 - Lost a tourney, won the other one, just a regular Zebra month. HoF piled up with this player's IGN.

I was bored. I might throw posts like this every now and then, lemme know if you enjoyed it.

Edited by LifeStyle
2 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

May almost ending, can already see Top10 guys growing quicker than the rest of the competition. Most notable changes that we'll see happening this month:

NikhilR - From 2.1 to 6.1 - Boy stopped slacking and is finally getting wins, May was by far his best month this year getting 2 official wins, will he keep up?

I was getting too poor $$$ wise man, now I can die for a while longer :)

3 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

LifeStyle - From 6.2 to 9 - Won a 128 man OU tourney and choked in a NU final, just one win away (or 2 more chokes) from reaching that 10 point mark.

Frags - From 14.8 to 19.1 - Stop playing dude, you win too much.

EpicVerde - From 6.85 to 9.55 - Usually you'd expect him to steal those UU wins, but that didn't happen this month. Still going to place #1 in UU rankings tho.

BurntZebra - From 5.5 to 8 - Lost a tourney, won the other one, just a regular Zebra month. HoF piled up with this player's IGN.

I was bored. I might throw posts like this every now and then, lemme know if you enjoyed it.

It was pretty cool actually, not only shows some random wins here and ther but the performance in a specific period of time of those who won

May:

[NU] Surskit's Water Walk ~ Bracket~ 1st Place xSparkie +2 - 2nd Place Oltann +0.5 [PVP]

Don't be a Party Wooper #2 [UU] ~ Bracket~ 1st Place enchanteur +2 - 2nd Place BlueBreath +0.5 [PVP]

Little Cup League #9 ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place Lazaaro +2 - 2nd Place Takens +0.5 [PVP] 
NU Rumble #6 ~ Bracket~ 1st Place NikhilR +2 - 2nd Place LifeStyle +0.5 [PVP]

Ninjask's NU race [NU] ~ Bracket~ 1st Place SweeTforU +2 - 2nd Place Zigh +0.5 [PVP]

Who will be the strongest [OU] ~ Bracket~ 1st Place Evlgoon +2.3 - 2nd Place YubeLLLLLLLLLLL +0.7 [PVP]
A Rocky Way [UU]  ~ Bracket~ 1st Place NikhilR +2 - 2nd Place xSparkie +0.5 [PVP]
Meowth's Little Cup Madness [LC] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place EpicVerde +2 - 2nd Place enchanteur +0.5 [PVP]

Cubone's Revenge [OU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place LifeStyle +2.3 - 2nd Place belieberboy +0.7 [PVP]

Breloom's Forest Throwdown [OU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place Frags +2.3 - 2nd Place EpicVerde +0.7 [PVP]

Take it Slow, Bro: Oceanic Edition [OU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place enchanteur +2 - 2nd Place VadimEmpoleon +0.5 [PVP]

Queen of the Hill [UU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place BurntZebra +2 - 2nd Place BlueBreath +0.5 [PVP]

NU Rumble #5 ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place Axellgor +2 - 2nd Place ihatos +0.5 [PVP]

Mind Games ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place MurcielagoSV +2.3 - 2nd Place Cryska +0.7 [PVP]

Whiscash's Wild Water Showdown ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place Frags +2 - 2nd Place BurntZebra +0.5 [PVP]

Perry's late nights ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place LKrenz +2 - 2nd Place sweendog +0.5 [PVP]