Account security

Rendom

Question

I almost lost access to my account because my password was changed somehow (I suspect that CloudFlare incident), but luckily I found my 10 year old email address that I used to create this account. When I tried recovering the account at first, I noticed some major flaws in the account security. There isn't even a way to change your email address that is associated to your account, so players who don't have access to their old address can't even have a security check at all. I propose to add a security question, one like you need to register an email address for example: What is your favorite meal, what was your first pet's name etc. Also if you want to change a password, you need to verify it in the email address associated with your account, to prevent further account loss.  Ideally, there would be another email address linked to your account, so you can use that one if you happen to forget the first one. In my opinion players should also be able to recover their account even if they don't have the username, password or email address of the account, if you verify your personal information you used for registering your account, or if you verify payment methods you used in this game. This all would contribute to great account security and would make Pokemmo more professional in terms of security.

2 answers to this question

Something similar happened to me 6 days ago. Not going into detail atm, I pmed Kyu with the information about it.

First of all this is IMO a very important topic, definitely since I've been on the end of being "hacked" as well.

Secondly, I know for a fact that the devs here take security very seriously. This I don't only know from my personal experience when I was staff, but also from their communication and response to for example DDOS attacks. (I'm sure a lot can agree on this)

So I do believe it is not only in ours, but also in their interest to seriously review this.

+1 support for better account security.